It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 3:11 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hiya Bunnyman!

I for one am stoked for you! Now it is true that I do not possess a parchment that identifies me with the medical elite, but despite that fact I feel that you made a great choice. Those little idiosyncratic tendencies we exercise like "peeking in medicine cabinets", in hopes we might stumble upon an old unfinished prescription that we might theft, are the hallmarks of a particular frame of mind that I believe will worsen as time goes on without sufficient treatment. My hope for you is that once you start your suboxone maintenance regimen you soon discover that those pesky and predictable behavior patterns just melt away into nothing but a memory. The sort of memory that you can eventually look back on as a matter of reference when you pass life's next check point, and can say to yourself "Thank all that is good I no longer live that way!"

Once again, I am happy for you and wish you the best! I also hope that you don't have any insurance issues that hinder your progress with Suboxone.

Feel free to email or PM me if your ever inclined.

-Entropy

Post subject: Thanks!
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 7:12 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Entropy,

What an encouraging message to return home to today. I hope I don't have any insurance issues, I called today and the rep said that while my application hasn't been processed completely, I am in the Medicare system and should be able to fill my Sub tomorrow without problem. ***Here's Hoping*** Ah, and not a moment too soon, as I have been invited to a "pill party" from a good friend, and am not planning to go. It's going to be great not to feel that need to use opiates every waking second!! I know from experience that this stuff works.

I will certainly PM you sometime just to say hi and what's up.
Later,

Bunny

Post subject: Launch
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:29 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

8:30 PM, taking my first dose. Will update later.

Bunny

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: UGH!!!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:18 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

This sucks!!
I took a Sub last night and it did NOT go well. Er, it is still not going well. I feel like shit!! About an hour after I took it, I began to vomit violently. I've been vomiting all damn night!! And I'm itching worse than I ever remember, even after taking multiple doses of Benadryl. God, I was SOOO high/fucked up last night, but it was a rather nasty kind of high. (I was not trying to get high and I didn't enjoy it). I guess this is just my body getting used to the bupe, because I did not have this kind of reaction the first time I went on Sub.

I didn't think it would affect me so much.....if I take another dose tonight, it's going to be a small one. Maybe this was the wrong choice. I am still thankful I have this option, though.

Bunny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:51 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You've given us very little information, but based on it, I'd say it could be precipitated withdrawals. That means you didn't wait long enough to induce after stopping full agonists. When was your last pain pill and when did you start the sub?

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:33 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I haven't been using opioids at all. I've been "clean" from them since jail. I see it was just too high a dose to start with, my body just got overwhelmed by the bupe. I'm feeling much, much better now!! It's just this INSANE ITCHING!!!! LOL. I'm popping Benedryl every 4 hours, and I took a Zyrtec also. So I'm 95% better.

Bunny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:44 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Im glad your feeling better!!!

Holy shit batman, you gotta remember that you have NO tolerance if you havent been taking ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!

sure hope you get it worked out.

Nothing wrong with taking very small amounts to see what works best!!!!

wish you the BEST

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

OK, that bit of info helps a lot more! LOL. Yes, you just took WAY WAY too much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:32 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

If you don't mind me asking just how much Dose did you take initially ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:42 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I took a whole 8 mg pill last night. I took another 2 hours ago, and now I feel fine. Not high at all, just very calm and relaxed. It's such a BLESSING not to be obsessing about getting pills right now!! All the opioid "feeling" is basically gone.....I feel awesome and my mind is clear.

However, the itching is infuriating.....I've been popping three Benedryls every four hours!! If I didn't have that stuff, I'd have to go jump off a bridge. I haven't itched this bad since.....well, ever......the only thing that does this too me worse is straight codeine. I'm terribly allergic to it. I remember the first time I went on Sub in 2009 I had bad itchiness for a while, and I got sores all in my mouth. After about a week, both went away. So I'll just keep munching allergy tablets until I adjust.

*******SIGH****** :)

Does anyone have any other tips on how I can calm my itchy skin? Other than antihistamines, I mean. Is it safe to put on a bunch of hydrocortizone cream?

Bunny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:53 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That severe of itching isn't typical with suboxone. I've rarely heard complaints about itching THAT badly. If it doesn't subside, definitely talk to your doctor about it. Good luck!

Post subject: endorphins yo
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:49 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I became an avid runner when i discontinued use. Endorphins can do wonders. I wouldnt reccomend getting back on subs. The only time i would say to use them is if youre craving opiates so bad that youre picking up the phone to call the dope man. The sub will keep your from using in that situation as a last resort since it will block your receptors.

Post subject: 8mg per day?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:28 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yeah, bunny, that sounds like a huge amount of sub for someone who's clean. Your decision, but I'd try using as little as 2mg (get the strips so you can cut dosage fairly accurately) per day and see if that works.

bupe is 25-40 times stronger than hydrocodone. So with that 8mg pill you were taking in one dose the equivalent of 20-32 tabs of 10mg strength Vicodin!!!! No wonder you got sick. That's a legit overdose for a clean person.

PLEASE, consider cutting dosage way down to see if a much smaller dose will work for you.

Best of luck whatever you do.

SI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:52 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yeah, I cut way back and feel lots better. My stress level is down 90% since I made the decision to go back on Subs.

Bunny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:49 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

same story as mine...on subs for 3 years...doing great. then got a script from my doctor for a migraine medication that contained a "mild" barbiturate (as he put it) started taking xanax and Valium and started getting in trouble again. I o/d'ed twice...once because i ingested 60 5mg Valium (this is what I'm told by family, they were my sister's dog's pills and i have no memory of the event or the following 3 days after). after a couple months of this hellish relapse I went to in-patient rehab up in Cleveland OH. I spent some 74 days there and returned home. While in rehab, I used a couple times and since I'm diabetic as well as an addict I decided to try IV use. Well I thought I'd b OK once i got out and got a job but the job has only funded my use and I soon found heroin hook-ups of my own. I'm clean now and have been for a couple weeks but today I went to a sub doc to make an appointment. My life was so much better while I was taking the medication as prescribed and without other substances that could be abused. My plan now is to take subs as long as I feel I need them, maybe forever. The biggest lesson I learned from all of this is just because a drug wasn't abused in the past by me doesn't mean I can try it out now that my life is in order and i'm on suboxone. I wish you luck in your journey, and if you feel like you need suboxone medication...then you probably do need it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:07 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yeah, i'm doing much better now, and I've been taking it a few weeks. I take it every other day and that seems to minimize the side-effects. For those of us who risk jail every time we try to go "cold turkey", going back on Sub is sometimes a much better option.

Bunny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:01 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

mental illness is pain and every one has a touch of ptsd in life alone. but if anyone has the horrible chronic PTSD with no drug addiction and if i were a doc i would give them soboxone. suboxone treats pain and most'y the pain of mental illness. i don't think it covers it up as some other phsyic- meds can" i just think it can subside it like any other pain killer can and with out
the loss of control like all the other pain meds :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:01 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I started taking suboxone in may of 2011 to deal wiyh a 6 year pain pill/heroin addiction. I tapered off subs after 10 months with no withdraw symptoms at all. After about 2 months I started taking pain pills again, after a very short time I began to do heroin a couple days a week. Tomorrow I will start on suboxone again and I have determined that if I have to stay on suboxone for the rest of my life to stay off the pills/heroin then that is what I am going to do. I feel that as long as I am on the subs I don't have the cravings for the pills and heroin so if this is what I must do then so be it. We all have our own addiction to deal with and must do what is right for ourselves. I wish you the best of luck and hope you find an answer for your addiction.