It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:41 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I'm so depressed and pissed with myself. I know the drill I've don't this too many times to count and it doesn't get easier. Last month the drug store gave me a new generic which I was having problems absorbing. I finally had it switched but ran out early.. I stupidly panicked and took Vicodin (my DOC) since I still had a week ladt before refilling my script of Sub. I've been beyond sick and I'm on 7 days without subs.. I've been taking 55 mg of Vic a day and it's doing nothing. I was on 3 mg of Sub (2-3mg).. I just got my new sub script and planned on inducting myself this morning but didn't sleep and took 15mg Vic this morning to get the sick away.
I have totally put myself in a corner. I can't go by COWS or how I feel because I feel crappy all day even with opiate in me. Normally I wait 14 hrs.. Would 12 hours be ok if I'm feeling wd? I don't know.. Ugh sorry I don't know I'm rambling. Very mad at myself very depressed.

Ty everyone

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:35 am 

Hi, I would think the best thing is to do is start all over again. Wait 24 hours before starting suboxone and your last vic. Start with 2mgs of sub and wait. If still feeling withdrawl after 45 min. take another 2mgs. I would think that if you were at 2mgs you should not need much more. I am not an expert at this and probably someone with much more experience will respond soon. Good luck! I hope you are back to feeling good soon!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:54 am 

Hey csinny,

Well don't go beating urself up over this. I know I'm big on saying that but it is true.....we're addicts and we make mistakes. The good news I see about this is that u didn't "feel" the vic and u are now bk with ur sub script. Could've been worse and u could've gotten high and kicked ur sub to the curb. Thank goodness that didn't happen, so see, there's ur positive in this! Maybe that's all u needed to know that you'll never mess up again, right??

Now as far as when to start taking ur sub again.....not positive about the 12 hrs. It's possible that would be enough time but me personally, I'd be to scared to do it that early. At the least, try to get to 18 hrs....24, like Michelle said is probably ideal if u can stick it out that long. If u can't, then go by the COWS. Unfortunately there's not much of an easy way to do it and u have to wait it out. I know that totally sucks, but once it's over you'll be bk on track.

U will get through this, just use this as a learning experience to motivate u. Let us know how it goes and if u have any more questions, we're here for ya!!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:26 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thank you guys so much! This is one of the worse days for me! The no sleep and sickness is playing mind games with me. I should have stuck it out this morning and inducted, I couldn't handle another 3 hours of sick.. But the worse part is that even after taking the Vic's I still feel sick so it was dumb and weak of me. 10:30am already took 30mg and still sick.. Makes me remember how potent Subs are! Also makes me remember how much I hated this pill popping game.. I am hoping to induct tomorrow by 9 and feel normal again! Thank God for this site!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:18 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

This is the reason I tell everyone to always have backups, not to sell, but to have for emergencies! You never know when something like this will happen. I went through this last winter when I got snowed in for a week and couldn't get to my Dr's appt. Luckily I had my backups to get me through.
If you can't trust yourself, lets someone you can trust hold the extras.
Sorry this happened to you. Let it be a lesson learned and get back on track and try to start saving some extras!

Also, if you are burning through your script like that, you need to get a higher dose prescribed. At least for awhile till you get this sorted out. How long have you been on Subs?
I don't know what to tell you about the waiting period, it varies from person to person.
As long as you possible can wait is the best anyone can say. 24hrs should be enough.
You will be fine!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:35 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Happygirl ty.. Actually my Dr rxed me a few more this month because I'm teetering in between 2-3mg. I've been on and off Subs a few years but this time was doing well for 6 months. I really hate this feeling!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:50 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Lol,
I'm a guy! Don't worry, I have made the same mistake on here many times! Maybe men and women should be color coded on here? Here that Mods? A "star" or a " crescent moon" like on the old time out houses our ancestors used. lol
All honesty though,
It's always nice to have a few extra Subs on hand! It helps with peace of mind too to know you have them.
Hope you are feeling ok
Happy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:48 pm 

Happyg, that is an excellent idea! I can not tell you how many times I have read a post and race to reply forgetting the name and/or correct spelling of the person who wrote the post. lol I wish there was a way to be able to scroll through the post while replying. I am usually reading and responding on my phone these days as my cat chewed through the wire for my laptop! I have yet to get to Best Buy for a new one. Anyway, once I learn more about the tech side of this site and,of course, with a consensus of all mods, we can look into the color coded idea. Enjoy this beautiful day!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:55 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I'm so sorry Happyg I totally read your name wrong! Thank you for the great idea though :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:09 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Wait 16 hours take two mg suboxone. Bet you want need more. Learn from your mistake. It is a new day. :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:15 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thank you so much I'm at 15 hours now feeling just terrible will hold out till 16 hours. These minutes feel like hours. Just in a ball. Man this sucks!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:06 am 

Hang on Csinny! You can do this!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:34 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Michelle,
Maybe you should buy a cord and extra cord! LMAO
You never know when an emergency is gonna arise and you'll need that extra one!
That darn cat of yours will just eat through it again! lol
My cat lets me vacuum him! He freakin' loves it! LMAO
My cat should be in the circus! He is so funny!
I don't know why I am telling you this.
I am going to bed now.
Oh, I hope skinny or scinny(can't see what the OP's name is) is feeling great now!
Please update us on how you are feeling. We haven't heard from you
Happy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:09 pm 

What Mark said is about right. Take some hydro no later than 9 PM, then hold off until noon before inducing back onto Suboxone. You will feel a rush of relief.

Don't beat yourself up over this. We are addicts and it is a predictable behavior for us. Ergo, the Suboxone (buprenorphine) to hold us in check.

You can do this.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:28 pm 

Happyg, don't get me started talking about my fur babies! Yes. I am a crazy cat lady! The guy who chewex yhe cord was my wonderful Alex. He was a 13yr old Ragdoll who died from brain cancer in February. I now have Sebastian who is just two months old and a very handsome blue point Ragdoll. I also have Norman. He belonged to my niece. She and her ex rescued him from a dumpster when he was a baby. When they broke up, he needed a place to go....Aunt Michelle to the rescue! He is now 9 yrs old! All black, gold eyes, and afraid of his own shadow! Ok! I will stop the cat talk! lol Csinny, how are you doing??? Please let us know!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:43 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Just want to update you guys.. I hung on to 16 hrs and had a successful induction. Ty all!! I felt myself almost immediately .. What a relief ... Now if I can only sleep!! lol (my normal self is an insomniac) lol ty again!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:35 am 

Hey Csinny, So Happy to hear that you are back on track! Hope you were able to get some sleep! Have a wonderful day!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:58 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Ah, Who cares about sleep? I hardly ever sleep! I have too much to do.
Just be thankful your not puking your guts out and walking around with a bucket tied to your ass! lol
And you're not driving all over the place looking for the neighborhood drug dealer anymore.
See, there is so much more things to be thankful for than sleep. lol
Glad you're doing good!
Happy