It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:21 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I have been in bed with a migraine for almost 2 weeks now. I've had two rounds of predinose, todoral, and trigger point injections. The only relief I have gotten is when I had nitrous oxidide at the dentist appointment for a root canal last week. In the past, a shot of dilulid would have taken care of it. Not an option with subutex. I am currently on 1mg subutex and was planning to taper to .5mg last week. My sub doctor told me to stay at the 1mg until my migraine goes away. I wouder if going back to the ceiling dose 0f 4mg would break the pain cycle. If so, could I taper back down relatively quick? I finally feel normal on 1mg, no nausea and no anxiety.
I've worked so hard to get to 1mg, I hate to mess this up. But, I'm tired of having a migraine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm sorry - migraines are a real bitch. But since you feel so strongly about your taper, it might not be worth it to up your dose. It might not even help your migraine. Hell, some people GET headaches on suboxone. Unfortunately, I don't recall anyone saying sub helped their headaches.

Believe me, if I thought it'd give you relief or if your taper wasn't so important to you, I'd say go for it. But considering the chances of it giving you relief might not even be very high and you've worked so hard in your taper, maybe give it some more time? (I know, easier said than done.)

It's just that there's no way of knowing it it would help you or not and I'm just trying to weigh the pros and cons. I really hope you feel better soon.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:11 pm 
Anxious-

When doing a taper I think it's very important not to go back up in dose if the ultimate goal is to titrate off of bupe entirely. It's also EXTREMELY important to not decrease too quickly. I think your Dr. was right that you shouldn't decrease at this time, or ANY time of extremely stressful goings on in life for that matter. I'd say stay strong and continue titrating down when you feel capable of it. As far as migraine pain, I don't think bupe in any dose is going to provide analgesic relief for you, so I think you're going to have to go a non-narcotic route for your migraines now and in the future.

Good luck,
Travis