It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:57 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ok, so I have another post about how I shorted myself this month (again). I've been trying to space out the remaining I have and have cut way down on how much I take daily. I've cut down to 4mg after taking 16mg all month, and I'm suppose to be taking 12 mg (hence why I'm short). I totally realize how huge of mistake I've been making and I am committed to NOT letting this happen again. I'm going to give my strips to my husband after next visit and have him dole them to me everyday. But as of right now I'm not doing very good. Dropping down so significantly is making me feel pretty bad. I def. have W/D symptoms going on. And an extreme amount of anxiety to boot. So I was thinking about calling the docs office Monday. Thing is, I've already done this the past 3 months. Last month I told them that I was having problems with swallowing due to excess saliva and ended up having to take more medicine to make up for it. I had to go in to talk to the doctor to explain and he asked me what I could do. At that point all I really cared was getting more so I told him that I was going to just start taking it once a day in the morning when I don't have a problem with saliva and my mouth is dry after waking up. He said ok, gave me more and sent me on my way. The month before that was the same thing, swallowing my meds, but they didn't have me come in. They just called it in. So I'm sure last month they decided to question me more about it seeing the pattern I was starting. So if I call again this month I have no idea what to expect. I obviously don't want to get kicked from the program or be a problem patient or them to think this isn't working for me. It is working fantastic, I just had a set back that took me a little too long to get a grip on. So should I call them? If so what should I say? Or should I try to stick it out? That scares the crap out of me though, I'm facing a week of hell....I know it. :(

Post subject: Two Choices
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:42 pm 

Mizzme,

It seems to me that you only have two choices with being short of your Suboxone. 1) Make an appt. and be completely honest with your doctor. Tell him everything you told us. (almost) Explain how your husband will dole them out to you once a day and this will be the last time you will have a problem. He probably knows, he's just waiting for you to come clean. It is doubtful he will kick you out of the program. From what you've told us he sounds like a good doctor.

2) Stay with the 4 mg's and go through some minor withdrawals. Okay, you won't feel so great for a few days until your body gets used to the lower amount, but it will. 4 mg's is kind of like the magic number. For most people it is enough to stop the cravings and withdrawals. There are some others who have a faster metabolism and need more or at least dosing twice a day. You don't sound like you fit in that category.

IMO, suck it up, grin and bear it. The w/d's can't be that bad with you still taking 4 mg's. But then, maybe it's time to come clean and spill your guts out, admitting defeat.

Remember, this is only my opinion. I could be completely wrong. The choice is yours mizzme.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:58 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

You're right, he is a good doctor. But I know they also have strict guidelines to stick to and I don't want to push my luck. That being said....I'm being a HUGE pansy about this. One minute I'm like "it's fine, I will be fine and make it thru the week", the next I'm like "OMG this sucks! This week will never end! I'm just gonna call and face the music....it's better than a week of hell!" .....so yeah...you're right about the 2 choices...it's just a matter of which one to make. I know myself well enough to know that this is going to completely take over my mind for the next week. That alone will be torture. You said there are some people that have a high metabolism and need to dose 2 times a day, I am one of those people. My metabolism is extremely high, always has been. I have always been too skinny yet eat all the time. When it comes to meds, they don't last as long in my system as they do for most other people. Maybe that's why my doctor is ok with keeping me at dosing twice a day...IDK. I think I am going to take your advice and call and say what I've said here. I just am scared they are going to think I'm bs'ing them seeing as I've been calling for the past couple months because I'm short and finally get sick of it. When I called them last month I was honest and said I was taking more than he gave me and that I wanted to get straight with it again. They said they appreciated the honesty and they where nice about it. I just don't want to keep pushing that. It's like someone saying ok....next time for sure I will stop, then they don't...again and again....I don't know they will believe it this time around. But like I said....I'm being a pansy and it's almost worth it to hear the disappointment or they aggravation from them on the other end of the line. But it's not worth it to get kicked. I wonder if they warn people before they kick them or if they just do it with no warning?

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I agree with Rule.

More than likely most of your symptoms are being made worse by the anxiety and thinking too much about being out. If you are at 4mg then you should be ok. Maybe not great, but ok. Above all DO NOT talk yourself into taking extra when you feel bad! You can't afford to do that this time, no matter how badly you want to feel better right now. Give it a few days and try to refocus your thinking when those cravings start. I know that's really hard, and I'm absolutely not saying that you aren't feeling WD, just that it's much worse when we sit around and dwell on it.

You can make it through the week, I know you can. This is a terrible way of learning the lesson, but I personally wouldn't want to take the chance of calling the doctor early again. They aren't stupid, they WILL know what is going on if you call again this month. More than likely they won't kick you out for it, but they probably won't give you more for the month. If you do call them you will have to be completely honest. And it would be a good idea to take your husband in with you so that he can reassure the doctor that he will be responsible for giving you your meds every day from here on out.

See if you can hang in there a couple more days and let your body adjust to the lower dose.

Q

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:55 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Well crap....you made some pretty good points about calling the doctor. They may not kick me, but there's a good chance they will say no this time around. This really is horrible. Not so much the physical part...but the mental part. This takes me back to the days where I would fret when I was out of pills and would do anything and everything to get more. I never wanted to have those kind of thoughts again....yet here I am. It's not exactly the same, but the constant nagging in my head and the constant thinking about it is the same. Feeling like I can't function without it, even though that's not true now. I can function. This just really is a huge eye opener for me on more than one thing. I really need to get out and start doing more in general and need to get a job. This whole sitting around all the time with nothing to do but think has to stop. And I really need to stop thinking that in order for me to be able to do anything I have to have something to take. I'm going to be honest, I'm probably going to end up calling the doctors office. Maybe not Monday but at some point this week I know I will break down. I only have 3 left and that's just not enough to get thru for 8-9 days. Even only taking 4mg a day. I will still have to miss days and take nothing. I just have to figure out what I'm going to say.