It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: we should all sue
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:49 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

A little history....never really adicted to pk's etc. just went in 2.5 years ago and bs'd my dr. to get subs b/c I was buying off the street already and liked the feeling (2MG)I ben taking (3) 8MG TABS PER DAY OR 24MG PER DAY. lAST MONTH (jULY 10) I go in for my dr visit hi, how are you...give me my pills...anyway, get the script take to CVS..cvs SAYS "Theres a problem w/ the ins." so I wait a few days to find out that AETNA has denied my scrip. I am taking my wife and (3) little girls age 10 and 4 yr old twins to the beach for 10 days in just 2 days.

Long story short, 25 days later, after "jumping from 24MG per day for 2.5 yrs., and 10 days on the beach, I feel like I've been beaten by a mexican mafia gang!!

Day 1-25, pure hell!! went back to work after (10) days but feel like I have lost my MOJO...Hell, I paid for the fuckin vacation just on 2 weeks of commission (7K)...

To anyone reading this...I "jumped at 24 MG, 25 days ago...still fell like shit, still sneeze 17 times per day, etc... the shits have gone away.. sleep is still a prob..I drink (4) tall bourbans and cokes every night, pass out and wake up at 2-3am...take xaanex (sp) in the middle of the night every night..thats it. Im not pissed at my Dr. b/c Im slicker than he is and persuaded him to give me this shit in the first place.

I read all of your stories and have seen how afraid most are to get off this shit..I still function (ie, get up and work everyday) but life at the moment is not the most fun.

I think Suboxone is much worse than all of us know.... Im thinking w/in 5-10 yrs. we'll all be seeing commercials on TV for compensation. I promise that I will contact my attorney this week and get something going. We all need millions for what these pricks have out us through!!!

Post subject: footnote
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:03 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

When I say "SUE" I mean the manufacturer, not the idiot doctors that prescribe this shit....these dipshits have no clue of the w/d's associated w/ this shit. By the way, I live in Arlington, TX..41 yro male w/ Masters Degree from UT (University of Texas)... Class Action Lawsuit, thats the only way we "WARN" people of the "SUBOXONE MISTAKE".

Post subject: FOOTNOTE 2
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:05 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

By the way, never done or seen oxy, heroin, etc......just a normal working class father...

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:52 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

How did you just take subs from someone off the street when u weren't ever taking opiates? That is a huge amount of subs to just be taking. I was addicted to opiates and was only taking 2 mgs a day, anymore and I was at the hospital feeling like I overdosed and was going to sleep and never wake up. Your story is mind blowing.

I don't think most people go the dr for subs unless they are scared of wds from opiates. Not sure of class action suit on those terms.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:46 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

When you sue are you going to inform the Court that you lied to your doctor to get the drugs to use recreationally? If you paid for your Mexican vacation on 2 weeks commission (7K? lucky you) i think you could have paid out of pocket for one month's prescription and used it to taper at least to 2mg before jumping. It would have saved you a lot of pain.
I don't think you're going to get a lot of sympathy here. Many of us, who are genuinely trying to recover, have been discriminated against by medical professionals and others who think we're just getting a legal high. It's people like you that give the rest of us a bad name.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:40 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

So you liked the way subs made you feel and lied to a doc to get them and then stupidly jumped off at 24mg and you wanna sue? You are exactly what's wrong with America! Not to mention the fact that you took up one of your docs spots which left an addict that truly needs help without that spot and now because of your stupidity you want to sue which could take sub off the market. Why don't you figure out a way to fulfil your greed without possibly taking away a life saving medicine from thousands of people! You deserve every bit of the withdrawls you are going thru and then some.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:40 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey ladies, NICELY SAID!!!

no-mas, I think with the story that you just presented to us, you're not gonna find any sympathy here, I know I have none for ya.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:55 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I have to agree with Lilly and Breezy_ann, 100%. Thanks for taking the words right out of my mouth. Enough said.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:10 am 
Well....I thought about feeling sorry for you, for about 15 seconds. Your 'story' makes no sense. I'm especially baffled by how a 41 year-old, Master's degree holding (albeit from Texas...seriously just kiddin' on that one!,) good money-making guy would be ignorant enough about what he was putting into his body that he expected to just stop taking a powerful drug with no adverse reaction. Makes no sense!
You say you started taking Sub recreationally because you liked the way it made you feel.....Without having already had a hell of an opiate tolerance, there is no way Sub would make you feel 'good.'
The whole idea of a lawsuit, especially coming from you, is so flawed that I can't even go there.
The fact that you apparently have money in your wallet (and your bank account) but wouldn't pay out of pocket to taper your ridiculously high Sub dose, is another mind blower!
Nope....no sympathy here. You're simply payin' the ole piper for your own bad choices. But unlike the rest of us who have/are/will pay that piper, you're getting the blame-game all wrong!
If you get tired of that and find that it's not working for you anymore, we will still be here. And you can come back with a little humility and respect and ask for some help. You'll find it here. But first you've got to own your role in the mess you're in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:18 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Buying subs off the street cuz you like how you feel is no different then someone buying heroine or oxy off the street cuz you like how you feel.. then lying to your dr to get them prescribed is no different then llying about pain to get prescribed pain meds.... masters degree, great job, family guy addiction does not discriminate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:34 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Bottom line is that in the end we are responsible for ourselves. If you lie to your doc to get a med you want and stuff goes downhill from there, well, who is really at fault? It truly is you who is at fault here, if you want someone to blame for your discontents. I don't get the wanting to sue everyone right and left when something does not go our way. Wanting to sue after you manipulated a doctor is ridiculous. Actually, it would make more sense to me for him to sue you.....BUT,...good luck with your case.....

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:57 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I feel for you and disagree with you at the same time. Remember it all started with you doing something illegal. We have to learn to see our part in our problems, even if it's a small part. Hope you feel better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:34 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I mean I agree with the others BUT! I do think that the manufactures have withheld many negative facts about this medication and have really screwed over a lot of people by putting this drug out to soon without all the proper knowledge hence why we are lab rats when it comes to being on this drug. Which maybe in turn a couple years from now you might see one of those info commercials saying if you were ever on suboxone and had this side effect or this side effect please call now.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:35 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I take all of the comments in stride, really! Just a couple of things...Have none of you ever lied to a doctor to get the pills you were hooked on prior to suboxone?? If the answer is yes, whats the difference? As far as "taking a spot" for another potential suboxone patient, I say BULLSHIT...these doctors have neon signs outside their offices advertising Suboxone.. I think there are several hundred suboxone doctors within a 10 mile radius of my house..

As far as tapering..I didnt know that existed untill I got home from vacation. I never read any of this untill I was 10 days off suboxone. My doctor never said anything about quitting. I just figured that since my insurance cut off my supply, I would quit. So I had absolutely no knowledge of tapering, withdrawls, etc.

I apoligize if I offended anyone on this site...I just felt like posting...I've smoked pot, done ex, coke, crank, etc...never had w/d's 26 days later.

I did however look at the suboxne website before getting my prescription and do remember reading that w/d symptoms were non-existant...thats the part Im upset about.

On a lighter note, I did feel fuckin great at work today. Almost felt like myself again...only sneezed 27 times, no shits, still a little tired but hangin in there.

Again, I did not mean to start a dispute or anger anyone, I know we all have our own opinions and we are entitled to them. I was, and still am, just being honest!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:49 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Just wondering, what dose did u start on subs? And you never were taking opiates prior to taking subs? Did you switch over from methadone? I still don't get this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:45 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The thing is, you're attacking a legitimate medication, when the problem boils down to your behavior. Yes, addicts in recovery can look back and recall lying to pain doctors to get pain meds. The difference is we aren't bitching about how evil oxycontin is and how we should sue the manufacturer for getting us hooked and having to go through withdrawals. Know why? Because the problem is our behavior, it's not the oxy's fault. See the difference? It's a matter of blaming someone else for problems that are our fault.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:11 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Two things since you don't know about suboxone:
1. Just because there are other doctors around you who prescribe sub does not mean you did not take another's spot. Sub doctors are only aloud to have 100 patients at a time. When I wanted on Sub it took me calling 9 dr.s before i found one with an open spot. So you took up one of that drs spots.
2. The reason the website says the withdrawls are minimal is because they are. The website is talking about withdrawls after properly tapering. Had you talked to your doctor about quitting you would have known that. Even though you stopped at 24 mgs your withdrawls were still nothing compared to stopping a high dose of oxy.
So how about you take responsibility for the fact that you were messing around with a medicine that you knew nothing about, instead of this everything is someone else's fault, I see a way to make a quick buck attitude.

For some reason you seem to think that you are better than other addicts because you abused sub and not oxy or heroin. Guess what your not, you are an addict just like the rest of us.

P.S. I have chronic pain and never once lied to get my oxy. I did not go looking for a high, I was trying to find a way to function with my pain and eventually became addicted and began abusing my meds. I had no idea how hard it would be to get off of the oxy, infact its near impossible but I am the one who put it in my body. I think the only person you should sue is yourself!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:15 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Oh and I highly doubt there are hundreds of sub docs within a 10 mile radius of your house!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:21 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Oh, and could you please explain how someone who never abused opiates could possibly take 24mg of sub and not be violently ill? I had a 300 mg habit of oxy when switching and I was super high and fright off of the sub for the first few weeks and I started at 12mg. I know someone who had no tolerance to opiates who took 2mg of sub and they were so out if it and piling for 24 hours.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:27 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Breezy_ann brings up an excellent point! If you had zero tolerance to suboxone, 24 mg would have made you extremely ill. So actually, something doesn't add up about your story. So like Shergonnastop said previously (who caught this before I did), this just doesn't seem to make sense.