It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I have to stop posting from my phone, it keeps changing my words. In my last post piling was supposed to be piling and I don't even remember what fright was supposed to be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:52 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

My only guess is that this guy is punking us. Weird dude no matter how you slice it. Good luck with the lawsuit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Dam it. It changed it again! Piling is puking, haha!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: seriously
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I still don't see your response on how you started on 24 mg of sub.........100 doctors in a 10 mile radius...really...where are you. I live in a major city and there are only 28 sub doctors in the city and surrounding area.

So you want to sue the manufacturer of sub because your in w/d from lying to a doctor to get on suboxone when you have no opiate addiction. I am sure thousands will jump on that band wagon. Also telling us you have a masters degree.....in what.......we are addicts......we are PHD's in medicine.

In 5years you won't be getting paid you will be on your new drug of choice. When your ready to tell us your real story we might be able to help you. Seriously as an addict if my insurance did not pay.......trust me the rent would go to get my drug of choice.

If your going to be honest.................be honest.

Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The Suboxone website said WDs are non-existent? This is the only thing I could find on the RB website about stopping Suboxone :

"Do not stop taking SUBOXONE Film suddenly. You could become sick and have withdrawal symptoms because your body has become used to the medicine. Ask your doctor how to stop using SUBOXONE Film the right way"

I do have to admit that this is a completely irresponsible thing for RB to print, as the doctor's prescribing info says flat out that no studies have been done on stopping Suboxone. So how would a doctor know how to stop using it the "right way"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:20 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

How are you different than a person that goes to a "pill mill" pain clinic to get oxy and lies about their pain?

Sorry, ignorance is usually not an excuse in the court of law. Unless the info was purposefully hidden by the company that makes medication.

Type in "suboxone withdrawal" into a search engine and see what you get. European markets have sub formulations with just 0.2mg of bupe per day and you don't have to be super bright to know this stuff.

You did this to yourself. Who should I blame for my addiction and my w/d? Me I think.

Especially that you knew sub was getting you high and you went to your doc with that intention. Regardless. You have to take responsibility for your own actions.

Post subject: Re: NoMas
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:07 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ladies, Gentlemen.....I am soo very impressed with ya'lls response to NoMas's post. We all have differant reasons why we started using/abusing opiates. And by the time we wind up here, looking for a way out of the self induced hell we have created for ourselves we all have Phd's in pharmalogical chemistry. NoMas, the "story" about your suboxone addiction/abuse is so full of holes that a dozen cats could not hem up a mouse in it. And what I could decipher from it, is you were trying to cop a buzz without having to suffer any concequenses(Suboxone withdrawals). TYPICAL ADDICT BEHAVIOR ! Whether you want to admit it to yourself or not you are a JUNKIE like the rest of us. I would go so far as to say that 99% of the rest of us started taking opiates for legit purposes, usually pain management. And it always turns out the same way, "One is too many and a thousand is Never enough !" Personally I have been playing/experimenting/using/abusing drugs since 1970 and Never Once have I put anything into my body that I had not read any and everything I could get my hands on about its effects/contraindications or side effects. I knew full well when I was First perscribed opiates(Tylox) for a severe whiplash(car wreck) that they were addicting, but like many of us I am sure I told myself NOT ME, I won't become addicted ! DUH !!!! That bit me in the ass just like your lying to your doctor to get Subs(LOL) to get yourself a BUZZ bit you in the ass ! If ya wanna Play, ya gotta PAY !!! Suboxone is a TOOL, not a toy and if used properly, it is a fantastic tool. That does not mean that it is harmless, it is an opiate and as with ALL opiates it has addictive qualities. If you use/abuse enough for long enough you are going to become addicted and experiance WITHDRAWALS...Nothing is FREE, there are ALWAYS consequences for our actions. MANUP and admit to yourself and everyone else that YOU SCREWED UP ! If ya want help with your problem this is a Great place to get it. Lots of Good advice here. Take ownership of what YOU did and quit trying to Blame it on someone else. You'll get Lots of help here, but doubt you'll get any sympathy, espescially when ya start blaming your self-induced misery on others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:54 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I gotta say, I've been avoiding this thread like the plague.

I'm bored right now so I finally bit. Shameful. I debated even devoting a keystroke to this topic, but as I said, I'm bored.

I'll wait for someone to bring on the Suboxone lawsuits. I will be the first, if not the 1000th person to contact Reckitt Benckiser Pharmaceuticals' reps and say thank you! call me up! I'll sit across the courtroom in a heartbeat.

Suboxone helped me save all of my relationships, my 20 year career, and most importantly it allowed ME to rebuild and recover my LIFE.

I alone, from day one, am responsible for my previous addiction to what I alone chose to put inside my body, as are YOU.

Everything that addiction took from me, Suboxone helped me slowly regain.

Like someone above said, many of us have our own private PHD's in pharmaceuticals. When it came time to tackle my addiction, I researched every option available to me, methadone, in-patient, out-patient, rapid-detox and Suboxone therapy. After weeks of extensive research on my part (do your homework!) I chose Suboxone, got EXTREMELY lucky and got the last opening, the only "space" left, the only Dr. in my town had.

Suboxone, like a hammer, is a tool. You went out on your own, grabbed a BIG hammer, far above your skill set and knowledge. You picked up that hammer and you smashed your thumb and now you're blaming the hammer and not your lack of hammer skills so now let's go sue Black & Decker!

You say in your statement that we need to "WARN" people of the "SUBOXONE MISTAKE".

No sir, we need to "WARN" people of the "NO-MAS" MISTAKE.

-RSJ

Post subject: Re: we should all sue
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:20 am 
no-mas wrote:
A little history....never really adicted to pk's etc. just went in 2.5 years ago and bs'd my dr. to get subs b/c I was buying off the street already and liked the feeling (2MG)I ben taking (3) 8MG TABS PER DAY OR 24MG PER DAY. lAST MONTH (jULY 10) I go in for my dr visit hi, how are you...give me my pills...anyway, get the script take to CVS..cvs SAYS "Theres a problem w/ the ins." so I wait a few days to find out that AETNA has denied my scrip. I am taking my wife and (3) little girls age 10 and 4 yr old twins to the beach for 10 days in just 2 days.

Long story short, 25 days later, after "jumping from 24MG per day for 2.5 yrs., and 10 days on the beach, I feel like I've been beaten by a mexican mafia gang!!

Day 1-25, pure hell!! went back to work after (10) days but feel like I have lost my MOJO...Hell, I paid for the fuckin vacation just on 2 weeks of commission (7K)...

To anyone reading this...I "jumped at 24 MG, 25 days ago...still fell like shit, still sneeze 17 times per day, etc... the shits have gone away.. sleep is still a prob..I drink (4) tall bourbans and cokes every night, pass out and wake up at 2-3am...take xaanex (sp) in the middle of the night every night..thats it. Im not pissed at my Dr. b/c Im slicker than he is and persuaded him to give me this shit in the first place.

I read all of your stories and have seen how afraid most are to get off this shit..I still function (ie, get up and work everyday) but life at the moment is not the most fun.

I think Suboxone is much worse than all of us know.... Im thinking w/in 5-10 yrs. we'll all be seeing commercials on TV for compensation. I promise that I will contact my attorney this week and get something going. We all need millions for what these pricks have out us through!!!

You can't just jump cold turkey off of 24 mgs/day and blame your misery on Suboxone. It is an opioid. What did you think was going to happen if you had to go off of such a high dose with no taper?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:53 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

RsjxRsj wrote:
I gotta say, I've been avoiding this thread like the plague.

I'm bored right now so I finally bit. Shameful. I debated even devoting a keystroke to this topic, but as I said, I'm bored.

I'll wait for someone to bring on the Suboxone lawsuits. I will be the first, if not the 1000th person to contact Reckitt Benckiser Pharmaceuticals' reps and say thank you! call me up! I'll sit across the courtroom in a heartbeat.

Suboxone helped me save all of my relationships
, my 20 year career, and most importantly it allowed ME to rebuild and recover my LIFE.

I alone, from day one, am responsible for my previous addiction to what I alone chose to put inside my body, as are YOU.

Everything that addiction took from me, Suboxone helped me slowly regain.

Like someone above said, many of us have our own private PHD's in pharmaceuticals. When it came time to tackle my addiction, I researched every option available to me, methadone, in-patient, out-patient, rapid-detox and Suboxone therapy. After weeks of extensive research on my part (do your homework!) I chose Suboxone, got EXTREMELY lucky and got the last opening, the only "space" left, the only Dr. in my town had.

Suboxone, like a hammer, is a tool. You went out on your own, grabbed a BIG hammer, far above your skill set and knowledge. You picked up that hammer and you smashed your thumb and now you're blaming the hammer and not your lack of hammer skills so now let's go sue Black & Decker!

You say in your statement that we need to "WARN" people of the "SUBOXONE MISTAKE".

No sir, we need to "WARN" people of the "NO-MAS" MISTAKE.

-RSJ (emphasis- mine)

Great post- in my humble opinion.

I have also been avoiding this thread, lately. However, I am bored at the moment, as well;
and I just thought I would comment on this post.

I definitely agree with everything that RSJ just posted, especially what I have emphasized in bold;
ans I will just leave it at that.

-ex-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:04 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

This lawsuit would not go anywhere, furthermore, its suits like these that make it more difficult for people to sue legitimately for Medical Malpractice. Insurance and Medical Companies love to highlight cases like these to delegitimize people who have actually suffered greatly from medication or medical procedure.

I suggest everyone watch the film "Hot Coffee". Also, just so you do not waste your time, no Attorney would ever take your case. You have a family and acted extremely irresponsible. You seem like you need help, as your post reads as if a sociopath wrote it.

Post subject: agree..
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:44 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I agree with everyones response for the most part except I wanted to add that my best friends boyfriend does use sub recreationally and was also never addicted to opiates (hes one of those people that can use anything for as long as he wants but never seems to get withdrawal symptoms or addicted), so he was never addicted to opiates but can still get high off of 10 as well as just 1 and also can take as much sub as I do but has no adverse reactions. He said the very first time he took it he felt high then threw up into the next day but says he never had a reaction like that since. I called my friend after I read this thread just to ask and she said the most shes ever seen him take at once is 2 8mg pills which isnt 24mg but its close and he has no tolerance to anything. Thats all I wanted to say, I guess some people just can take that much and some cant with no tolerance. Just further proof that EVERYONE is different.

*Battles are fought everyday, some you win & some you lose..Addiction is a war & every second you're still alive you're winning that war..*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:02 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

[quote="Lillyval"]When you sue are you going to inform the Court that you lied to your doctor to get the drugs to use recreationally? If you paid for your Mexican vacation on 2 weeks commission (7K? lucky you) i think you could have paid out of pocket for one month's prescription and used it to taper at least to 2mg before jumping. It would have saved you a lot of pain.
I don't think you're going to get a lot of sympathy here. Many of us, who are genuinely trying to recover, have been discriminated against by medical professionals and others who think we're just getting a legal high. It's people like you that give the rest of us a bad name.[/quote]

Very nicely put.... I said something like that.

I totally agree with everyone else that something sounds pretty, well to put it mildly POOPY…. I had been addicted to OPIATES for ten years and am now in recovery with the help of Subs. I’m sure you don’t know what I am talking about since you are just an average working dad with a degree or whatever.
First off, I’m sure that you will not have a leg to stand on if you tell them you Lied to your Dr. and said you were an addict. Second, because of that you get what you deserve (Withdrawals). You don’t know shit. Because if you did you would know how to work the system. Duhhh you can pay cash. So it would have cost a lot but you would not have been in pain. but carma is a bitch.
and also When you go to the Dr. for the first apt. the induction apt. he/she would ask certain questions and you would have had to been in withdrawals from the per’ks or whatever it was you claim to have been kinda addicted to…. LOL that is like saying I’m kinda pregnant.
And if what you are saying is true then maybe you are paying off your doctor because no one in their right mind would give that amount to some idiot that claims to maybe be an addict. Who is your doctor? Dr. C .M.
Why are you even on this sight...? Attention. Ggrrr you are annoying.
People like you give us a bad name... we are just good people, mothers, fathers, brothes, sisters, ect that want to be clean and sober. Go away.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:58 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I think this guy's long gone by now, and likely not coming back. Care factor ... ?

I find it really funny how he took Suboxone to feel high, and didn't think he'd get any withdrawals. 2 years of free lunches? All along he was running a tab.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:20 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

thanks tearj3rker

Although it did say resent topic when I was looking at topics I see that yeah he posted that some months ago. Also there were people still posting on it in Oct. I wonder when the old, resent topics go to the acctual old post, lol.. oh well just hanging out anyhow.