It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Should we add an "Argument Room" to the forum?
yes 67%  67%  [ 30 ]
no 33%  33%  [ 15 ]
Total votes : 45
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:30 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Ive had 2 bottles of wine now. I have 1 - 2 bottles of wine a night while on 8 mg suboxone n 40 citralopram (celexa).
When i go an evening through alcohol i feel empty i need back on codeine. Not that anyone cares. Its only codeine, right, a 'weak' opiate. I drink to deal with missing missing codeine :(

Don't one day, SAY TODAY!
There is always a solution to the problem

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Eveleivibe wrote:
Ive had 2 bottles of wine now. I have 1 - 2 bottles of wine a night while on 8 mg suboxone n 40 citralopram (celexa).
When i go an evening through alcohol i feel empty i need back on codeine. Not that anyone cares. Its only codeine, right, a 'weak' opiate. I drink to deal with missing missing codeine :(

An addiction is an addiction. No one is trying to tell you, you don't have one, except maybe yourself. I did notice you're "I'm not an addict" thread.. not-addict-t8812.html

Are you and addict or not? I don't care if you label yourself or not, but I'm trying to understand what kind of help you are seeking. Are you trying to say you don't have a problem or are you offended that people have mentioned codeine as being a weaker opiate? It IS a weaker opiate but that doesn't mean people don't or can't have a real addiction to it. Your severe codeine habit is just as legitimate as everyone else's habit here.

In fact, I read about people who are addicted to soda (several liters a day) or eating chalk... That is just legitimate as any other addiction and you're right to be doing something about it. I do hope you can stop reaching for the wine, though. When I was on suboxone, I didn't care for alcohol at all. Suboxone not only cured my craving for opiates but alcohol too, wasn't expecting that as a side effect. Hopefully that will kick in for you also.

Last edited by tinydancer on Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:04 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

rule62 wrote:
Hey evel,

I cannot believe how many old threads you are bringing up. Some are still worth talking about and others I'd rather never see again.

They do have a date of posting in the upper right corner.

If you enjoy bringing them up, go right ahead. I'm just posting my 2¢

rule

Im sorry i just read n repliedi didnt know they were old sorty. Im partially sighted i'll just not comment. I cant see any date so i just reply sorry x

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:18 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Suboxone made me feel 'too' normal. I told my parents about my codeine addiction n they made my life hell. I wished that i find find strong opiate like heroin but i don't know how. My parents were tapering me off codeine i had to go there 4 times aday, it was awful n was on eggshells.
I begged my local drugs n alcohol to take me away from the taper n give me suboxone. I like suboxone n it made me feel safe but I felt empty, so empty.

Ive had some codeine while being on suboxone but also most night been drinking. 1-2 bottles of wine a night. When just on suboxone alone i dont feel, it's just empty i need to feel something to fill the emptiness.

No one understands I don't know why I'm bothering. I've been banned from so many forums for trying to be honest about my feelings.

Evey x

PS i'm sorry i didnt mean to bring up old threads, really sorry :(

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:35 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It's not a problem with bringing them up, just that some of them have resolutions. The Argument Room mentioned here ...you can go into the "Freestyle" area and post pretty much anything you want. Not much is said about what goes on in the Freestyle area...though I'm not sure if it was opened before or after this topic....

also, don't be so quick to take everything on such a personal level...nobody here is trying to belittle or judge anyone, but most people will say what the think...it's an honesty thing. You want to be honest with yourself, just as much as you want others to be honest with you. Everyone is, and tries to be on the same level...but don't think anyone is trying to be judgmental of you with the honesty.

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:53 pm 

Hey Evey,

Sorry, I didn't realize you have a sight problem. You post onto any subject you like. If others don't like to see them back again all they need to do is ignore them and they'll go away on their own.

Keep on posting!

rule

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:50 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks. That really means a lot. Met up with a friend today n missed my train back. Had my 4 y/o n was panicking. The staff were lovely. I have lots of tattoos so I always thought people wouldn't believe im partially sighted cause of those (truth is when tattooist designs them i say i like them, hope for the best n usually it works as they have an ace reputation.... Any the train men took me to the waiting room then someone takes my ticket by mistake so i lose it then n get really scared. They all start laughing at my in the waiting instead of TRYING to help. I completely lost my temper told most of them to get back to their country. Font get me wrong I'm not racist usually but who sits n laughs at a disabled, single mam of a 4 year who was there. Its vile n sick.

Anyways back to forum when i was in huge denial over my addiction I went to forums like medhelp n they were EXTREMELY nasty. Kept telling me I should 'read what they wrote (which was often long n not broken down into paragraphs) n they just seemed to ignore it. Also gave me links n i tried explaining that im doing a masters in weight management n that takes all my time because reading for too long makes me tired. Add in 8 mg suboxone n 40 mg citralopram antidepressant (celexa) n 1-2 bottles of wine per evening (i know im wrong) n you get the picture - if i sit there for so long i almost nod out.

Changing the sub slightly has anyone been having strange dreams? You know they're bad n get slight messages of them but you cannot remember them?

Take care,
Evey x

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:21 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I commented on here awhile back. Wheres my comments gone please? And whats subsux never heard of that.
Im so overwhelmed by this forum theres so read to read n i keep losing where i am. I haven't seen half these comments before.
I don't think something without moderation is good as itll lead to abuse n manipulation of vulnerable people. It happened to me in another forum n i nearly ODd over it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:31 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Eveleivibe wrote:

This comment explains why you don't know when you commented or where they went.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:58 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

No i am partially sighted n only know where i am on here through the notifications system by E-mail. There's lots of categories n threads n im confused.

Ive been on lots of forums since october n no one seems to be understanding of my visuak impairment. In one forum I was told "read all the links we've given you n all the info we told you about." I tried explaining that it's not easy for me to read loads n the just say that forum I was told I should I obviously don't care enough about my recovery to read them.

Last forum I was told to "read more and type less."

If i was in a wheelchair n there were no ramps for me to access a building it would be different. But i have a visual impairment n shown no understanding. On another forum i was told "well you can type can't you how can you see to do that".

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:04 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Eveleivibe wrote:
No i am partially sighted n only know where i am on here through the notifications system by E-mail. There's lots of categories n threads n im confused.

Ive been on lots of forums since october n no one seems to be understanding of my visuak impairment. In one forum I was told "read all the links we've given you n all the info we told you about." I tried explaining that it's not easy for me to read loads n the just say that forum I was told I should I obviously don't care enough about my recovery to read them.

Last forum I was told to "read more and type less."

If i was in a wheelchair n there were no ramps for me to access a building it would be different. But i have a visual impairment n shown no understanding. On another forum i was told "well you can type can't you how can you see to do that".

Well perhaps if you need to read people's advice to get anything out of forums and you claim to not be able to read the advice then you shouldn't be seeking help on Internet forums. After all, when you write many paragraphs but then claim not to be able to read anyone's replies, what good does that do you or the responder? I don't believe you can only read your own text but not only else's, but whatever floats your boat.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:26 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Im so hurt right now im sobbing. Just watched a programme called Hollyoaks. I cant take this much longer. They're trying to make Nancy out to be a psycho. I feel sick n ill how ciould programmes do this????? Codeine addicts are not bad. I cant do this no longer :(

I did not say i can only read my replies. And i was not referring to the comments. I was referring to the links given with large amounts of info. I read other people's comments by using multi-touch which makes everything bigger but it is extremely hard when typing which is why i have so many spelling errors.

Anyway i do not have to prove that I have a visual impairment. I have proof from doctors when i was a child. It's called congenital optic atrophy visual impairment.

Last edited by Eveleivibe on Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:48 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I dont feel well i feel dizzy n sick i havent had my antidepressant since Friday Friday n not due til 16 i dont like this dizziness feeling its my own fault i suppose for binging on them last Friday how long will i feel this way cus im scared i ad some wine hoping dizziness would o away why am i feeling like this im frightened.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:21 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Why are you being hard on me me? Im sorry whatever i done wrong.
flair1 wrote:
Eveleivibe wrote:

This comment explains why you don't know when you commented or where they went.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:34 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I've only been a member for a short while, and have really enjoyed the forum and gotten a lot of need support and info from it, having said that,I think an argument room is a terrible idea. For reasons that others have said, and because I've seen on sum of the discussions when an argument breaks out, moderators remove really offensive things and ban people for troll like behavior, but troll like behavior would be allowed in an argument room and IMO would class down the whole forum. To me the point of this place is healthy, informative, supportive and relevant discussion about the medication that for so many of us had given us or lives and humanity and sanity back. To allow fighting here could cause new comers to not take or discontinue, or be ashamed of their suboxone use. Many of us addicts have issues with self esteem, self worth, self respect already, and even though it isn't face to face interaction here, there are real people with real feelings behind our screen names, and put downs hurt and could compromise recovery for some, not worth the risk imho. To encourage debate, would be to encourage a pissing contest about whose recovery is more valid, who's cleaner, and of course the debate over length of txment, which can be dangerous if someone comes here looking for encouragement to continue suboxone because they don't have that encouragement from their family or friends. Reading horror stories, and fighting may influence them to taper before ready or cold turkey and given the relapse rate when this happens, could lead to catastrophe, which no one here wants, I'm sure. I've received so much support andgood info here that I didn't get from other forums on this topic that allow and even encourage debate, anger, and bashing, that id hate to see this safe place turn into another one of"those" sites. Just my thoughts, thanks for listening. And thanks for everything.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:12 pm 

Well said Lizzie. Thank You!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:07 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I am late to the party but I agree. Please no argument room. I was feeling a little discouraged by some of the more bitter posts about sub. I know it's not something everyone WANTS to be on, but it literally saves lives and everyone is in different phases. I know all these phases intimately and ranting, IMO, does more harm than good for everyone.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:12 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I vote NO on the argument room. Let's keep a little CLASS in the forum. If people want to argue, fight and call names let the go elsewhere to do it. I don't think lowering our standards is going to do anything positive here. I believe it will only detract from our " cut above the rest" image. Who really wants to read about a bunch people arguing like a bunch of spoiled "poor sport" children? Keep it classy.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:10 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

If it's done, the rules to having a proper debate, or "argument" (the term "argument" is more ambiguous, but also applies to a debate), should be a sticky. The biggest no no, as many may already know, is verbally attacking the person one is debating with, as opposed to countering their argument. This is also known as "ad hominem", see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem, and that's where moderation would have to step in most often, to prevent an otherwise healthy debate from turning into at best, an unproductive flame war, which can then lead to hard feelings, that can bleed into other areas of the forums, with passive aggressive snarky comments, etc.

I was the admin of a political and current events debate forum long ago, and it was a lot of work for the moderation team to keep debates civil, to say the least.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:23 pm 

no_boop_shoo_be_doop wrote:

I was the admin of a political and current events debate forum long ago, and it was a lot of work for the moderation team to keep debates civil, to say the least.

Goodness! I can only imagine!

Amy