It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Should we add an "Argument Room" to the forum?
yes 67%  67%  [ 30 ]
no 33%  33%  [ 15 ]
Total votes : 45
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:02 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

tearj3rker wrote:
A bunch of suboxforum regulars ditched this place a few months back. I wonder if they rehomed themselves on subsux?

could be cause a few months back quite a few newbies showed up.
TT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:15 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

tearj3rker wrote:
A bunch of suboxforum regulars ditched this place a few months back. I wonder if they rehomed themselves on subsux?

If it's the regulars I think you're talking about, there's no way. We've talked about that place before and they just wouldn't. Not the ones I'm thinking of anyway. I can't believe you never knew about that forum. Where the hell have YOU been? LOL.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:23 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Moderating this pile of steaming dog turd.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:09 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey, that's no excuse! I've been doing that for 3 years and I know about it. Tee hee. (Just giving you shit, cuz it's fun.) Now you have time to go play, but I don't so it's back to work for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:42 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

tearj3rker wrote:
Moderating this pile of steaming dog turd.

I guess this is a joke between you and hatmaker,,but i didnt get it,,by dog turd what are you refeering to?,,this thread in general , the whole place?,,wheres the dog turd??,,lol :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:45 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

OMGosh TJ, your last post made me laugh out loud!! That was priceless!!

Tommy, I'm pretty sure he wasn't referring to this thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:51 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Romeo wrote:
OMGosh TJ, your last post made me laugh out loud!! That was priceless!!

Tommy, I'm pretty sure he wasn't referring to this thread.

well,,wtf,,im the new dude and just kinda tryin to ease in here w/o steppin it!,,lol,,Ive had my share of steppin in it and it makes me kinda crazy, :twisted: ,but nowadays ,,im kinda wantin to be a bit more on the mellow side! :wink:
TT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 6:33 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

looks like this thread has come to a stand still,,i dont think anyones really interested in an argument room,,but the ones who responded voted and the majority voted for a forum for anger,,so what do you have planned for this?,,I would give it a try since the votes are more in favor than not,,so what if it dont work out ,,you can always remove it if it gets too rough?
TT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:54 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I always liked the idea that this forum should be the place for all "rants" and arguments. At the moment it's a forum meant to discuss why people are anti-Suboxone, which is a topic that's so narrow that it could be discussed in one thread.

It could be more like a sound proof padded room where people can do whatever, rant and rave and things are more "tolerated" ... and people who don't wanna feed into it can just ... not come here.

I proposed the idea when I was a moderator (along with a number of others) but it wasn't really considered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:36 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

tearjerker,

i like what you said here,,"
It could be more like a sound proof padded room where people can do whatever, rant and rave and things are more "tolerated" ... and people who don't wanna feed into it can just ... not come here. ""

and your right,,people who dont wanna be a part off it,,all they have to do is move on,,and i think most people just like to argue sometimes,,or joke around with one another,,calling each other names and stuff you cant do on the forum,,a place to let down yer guard and just talk shit if ya feel like it,,it has worked out real well at another forum i was involved with,,sometimes you would get actual hatred come from someone towards another,,but what better way to see people for who they really are than to let them be themselves?,,and it would be a forum you must be a member to see,,and the title alone would let the newcomer know where they were goin if they clicked in!
TT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 3:51 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm with ya there Tommy ... At the same time though it would need a degree of moderation. In the past people have tried to use this forum to sell their Suboxone. And such a place would really be a hive of negativity. To say that people's arguments and negative feelings to each other could stay isolated to such a room would be naive. Arguments lead to grudges, which (at least in sick addict world) lead to alliances, manipulation, bitching and banning of members.

I do wonder whether people could use such a feature to be critical of moderators, or Dr. J or suboxforum as a whole . This doesn't appear to be tolerated at all on here, whether on the forum or in private.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 11:58 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

yea,,i never even thought of anyone bein so bold as to actually try and obtain sub here,,and thats just to me a common sense no-no!,,So yea,,if ya got that goin on here then deffinately moderate that,,but as for a let it all out forum,,where ya can say what ya want,,your gonna have fights and disagreements,,but at least it would be here and not disruptin other threads,,you may have a problem which i have seen in such a forum where you get people who just come to start shit to entertain themselves.
TT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 7:48 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

one thing about an anger room is it doesnt always have to be real anger,,in fact ,,more times than not people ive seen in these rooms go to them for fun,,you know talk long doo doo about a friend and stuff,,all in good faith,,I do it alot in e-mails to friends,,just banter and fun and a place to put something like this,

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash ... 1895_n.jpg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 8:43 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Let's make this the unofficial THROW SHIT HERE forum :)

I like it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:32 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ok here's an update for you all that are interested: We moderators are in the process of setting up this new section and/or changing the set up of this section - either one of the two. We plan to run all this by Dr. J, since it was his idea and it is his forum.

I don't know how long this will take, but rest assured that we have heard you and will will be trying this out. There will likely be less rules, but there will be some, and those that we do put in place will be set in stone and strictly enforced (like no personal or adhominem attacks, for example).

We will continue to keep you posted, but I didn't want any of you to think we weren't listening to your needs/desires about the forum. We ARE LISTENING TO YOU! You'll get your "anger" forum soon.

Oh - and it will be a "members only" section so that newcomers/lurkers won't be able to stumble onto it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:16 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

It should be moderated. I was in a recent forum n bashed severely to the point I lost my temper n said such hurtful things. I was cast out like a piece of *** n to be honest I think they did not like me because I take suboxone so moderation would stop trolls from hurting people.

All the best,

Evey xxx

Don't one day, SAY TODAY!
There is always a solution to the problem

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:54 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Eveleivibe wrote:
It should be moderated. I was in a recent forum n bashed severely to the point I lost my temper n said such hurtful things. I was cast out like a piece of *** n to be honest I think they did not like me because I take suboxone so moderation would stop trolls from hurting people.

All the best,

Evey xxx

This topic is quite old...I think the area is already here but not much is said outside of the rules of morality..not so much the rules of the site. People seem to keep it under control and only bicker a little...except for the occasional troll.

but yea, this was like, a 2011/2012 topic that was discussed.

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:58 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Sorry. i'm partially sighted n didn't realise that. Thank you for telling you. I haven't seen any 'argument room' but I do find this forum very informative n more 'adult like' than most forums that are immature n argumentive with mods acting as dictators n siding with 'cliquey members.' Yes very pleased with this one x

Don't one day, SAY TODAY!
There is always a solution to the problem

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:07 pm 

Hey evel,

I cannot believe how many old threads you are bringing up. Some are still worth talking about and others I'd rather never see again.

They do have a date of posting in the upper right corner.

If you enjoy bringing them up, go right ahead. I'm just posting my 2¢

rule

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:18 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Rule, you don't want us bringing up the old posts where you talked about covering yourself in bacon grease then you'd go dancing naked in the streets? :lol: