It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Short Term Use
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:36 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello, I have been using Oxycdone 30 MG x2 per day on and off for the past few months. The person who had introduced me to Oxycodone explained that if I were to stop my dose of 60mg per day I would likely be encountering nasty withdrawals. Due to the nature of my work, I was unwilling to allow myself to withdrawal and have the symptoms of withdrawal affect my career. This person who had introduced me to Oxycodone (story in itself) gave me, free of charge 10 8 MG Suboxone pills and explained that I should "take them" to avoid withdrawals from the Oxycodone.

If you havent realized already, I am entirely ignorant when it comes to opiods.

I took one full 8 MG Sub and it KICKED MY ASS SOOOO HARD!!! I have since been taking 2 MG's each morning for the past month and I am done with this shit.

It is now day 5 of being completly clean from Oxy and Sub and I am still having very bad withdrawal symptoms. These symptoms include depression, insomnia, RLS, stomach pain and diareha. Coincedently, I had to take a week off of work to get through this and have NO EXCUSE not to be in on Monday working with clients.

How long can I expect these withdrawals to last? I would say that today, being day 5 I feel better but I still have diahera, nasty smelling farts, insomnia but my stomach pain has eased a bit along with the depression.

I used 2 MG per day for roughly a month - give or take a day or two and then "jumped.". I have already flushed the remaing Subs and am not going back to pills so please no suggestions of getting back on.

When will the withdrawals pass?????

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:22 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you in advance,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well, in my opinion (and I am just an addict on a forum, ) I would guess that you will start to feel much better by day 10-11. You did not use for very long. However, sub IS VERY STRONG and I jumped off sub at 1/16mg 0.0625mg. and had mild withdrawl for 2 weeks. I was on sub 9 months and tapered for the last 6mos. I think if you hang in there and make sure to get rest, eat healthy a bit of exercize and perhaps a multivitamin, you will be thru the worst in a few days... Hang tough...Good luck

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Sweet16
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:44 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I appreciate your reponse and I will take your advice to heart.

Post subject: Withdrawals
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:48 pm 

First, welcome to the forum. Second, congratulations on making the decision to stop all opiates. I was highly suggest that you look through the older posts here about tapering and quitting Suboxone so you get a rough idea on what you are in for.

That so called friend who gave you the Sub wasn't very smart. It is a very powerful drug and you jumped in w/o any prior knowledge of its effects. No wonder it kicked your butt.

Sweet pretty much said it all. The withdrawals are similar to full strength opiates but longer and lower in intensity. The first 3-6 days may not be too bad at all. After that it may hit you good. You'll feel fatigued, have restless legs, insomnia, etc. Like I said, read the older posts to see what meds to get and what to expect. And make sure you have Imodium. You'll need that one for sure.

Once you get through the initial psychical symptoms, the mental part comes and it is where most end up going back onto their doc or Sub. Keep your reserve up and expect to be tempted and lured to use by your addicted brain. It is our own worst enemy.

Let us know how things progress. Stay strong!

Post subject: Update
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:49 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have been very depressed all day and my stomach has been aching too. The only thing that I have done to seriously "help" with the withdrawals is drink a lot of water along with taking two multivitamins per day. Tomorrow will be day 6 and I know I wont be able to sleep again tonight. Last night was by far the worse in terms of the "chills" and "creepy crawlies" and I maybe got two hours of sleep. I have been going to the bar for lunch each day since I have stopped taking the Sub becuause I am not in work this week. Each "lunch" has been a few beers and a slice of pizza that I can barely get down. I know this isnt the best way to handle a Sub withdrawal, but staying at home all day feeling depressed in worse. I feel alchol intesifies my stomach aches and only temporarily makes me mentally feel better. As soon as the alchol has worn off I am exponentially more emotional and depressed. This evening a friend brought over some pot and I was extremly surprised how it uplifted my mood, relieved my depression and encouraged me to eat a whole can of chicken veggie soup. The pot also removed the RLS symptoms that have been plaguing me. I smoked this pot about 2.5 hours ago and I still feel good. Who knows, once the pot wears off I may feel horrible again or maybe the pot coincedently coninceded with a "wave" of normalcy. I will update you later. Thanks again for your support,

Post subject: Good Morning
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:12 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I got about 4 hours of sleep last night but woke up in a complete cold sweat and that scared me good. My stomach aches have subsided but I can still feel discomfort.

Question - I took Sub at aprx. 2 MG/day for roughly a month. I say roughly becuase when I new I was getting Oxy I would stop the Sub and just take the Oxy. I have been completely "clean" from Oxy and Subs for 6 days (today being the start of day 6). I truly think I took my last Sub maybe 11 days ago and have been clean from Oxy (60-90 MG/day for a week straight) for 6 days.

Do you think I am expereiceing more Oxy withdrawal or Sub withdrawal?

I understand that some of you have had a much longer love affair with you DOC and/or Sub so I do take your advice seriously. My biggest problem at this point is the anxiety and depression.

Post subject: A&D
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:15 pm 

About six months ago I had planned on stopping Sub. I had tapered down to 1mg and figured it was only a few more months until I jumped. A serious medical condition came up and I had to postpone my quitting.

The point is, I had talked to my doctor about what I was planning to do and he gave me Clonidine and an anti depressant to help with the withdrawal effects. I normally don't suffer from depression or bad anxiety so it was meant to be a short term plan.

What I am suggesting is that you go see your doctor and tell him what is going on. Ask for some meds to help you deal with the withdrawals and any advice he might have. Imodium, Clonidine, maybe a benzo if you can handle it. (be careful of those, they're addictive too) The vitamins may or may not help. It seems to differ from one to another.

As far as which drug is causing the discomfort? It's probably both. Suboxone does have a long half life so it does take more time to get through the w/d's. The worst if over for you but there is still some PAWS you may face and occasional other symptoms that won't last very long. The longer you're off all opiates the better it gets. Depending on how long you used for it could take up to a year to feel like your old self. Don't be discouraged by that statement, it gets less and less the further you go.

I won't comment on the pot...that's your decision.

Rule

Post subject: Day 7
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:41 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have to say that the physical symptoms have eased greatly as of this morning. However, my ability to sleep has not improved much and I only got 4-5 hours of sleep last night, which for me isnt much.

My biggest battle right now is anxiety and depression. Im not sure if the anxiety and depression are tied 100% to the Oxy/Sub withdrawal or if some of the anxety and depression can be attributed to my being out of work this past week and the fear of loosing a great job for this perdicament I have put myself in.

I have such an additive personality and I hide it relativley well. I feel so bad about all of this.

Rule - Your comments are encouraging and I hope to hear your thoughts about my progression. I hear ya' on the benzos. and I have all sorts of misc. benzos including Xanax but I am so sick and tired of pills that I have taken nothing other than a muti-vitamin to help accelerate the Sub out of my system. BTW, Rule can you elaborate a bit more regarding how vitamins work for some and not others? Or is it that simple? Im not to sure how I feel about Anti-Depressents becuase I do not want to create a new crutch but to be honest, the Anti-Depressent route may be something I will explore if this depression does not lift soon. Regarding the pot, tell me honestly what your thoughts are on it?

Post subject: No One Responds....w/e
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:51 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Anyways, I wanted to thank those of you who provided me wth feedback. Sweet was right, its now day 12 and I feel MUCH better but I still have waves of stamch aches, staying a sleep is tough (once the sleeping pill wears off I am UP) and mentally I am not 100%.

The sad thing is as soon as I started to feel better I started thinkg about my DOC which is IR Oxy. I can honestly say I will never be on Subs again. I would rather kick Oxy than Sub anytime but my desire and hope is to stay away from ALL opiates if they are not prescribed for a legitiamate ailment. The problem is, Oxy is so readily available and I am around people who are "on" all the time. These people are professionals and I have been feeling depressed watching them have such a great day and I am "normal." I realize that all good things come to an end or, more apprpriatley what goes up must come down but I would be lying to this community if I told you all that I dont miss the Oxy.

I also have a friend in work that is on Sub. 8 MG's per day fro 5 YEARS! I explained what I went through after a short affair with Sub and this person told me that they had tapperd, jumped and FAILED HARD. My concern with this person is there age (50+) and this person has a heart problem. What happens if this person were to be admitted to the hospital and they were unaware of there Sub needs. Wouldnt this person withdrawal like crazy?

Anyways, I will post again soon.

Thanks,

Ox