It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:24 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello everyone. I've been using opiates for about 4 years now. Ive been on methadone before and had to detox in jail due to legal issues(Pure Hell). Regardless of how painful, I returned home 4 months later and went at it again. Ive been shooting up as much Heroin as I possibly can, as often as I can. I'm am obviously fed up with opiate dependence and addiction, and am ready to do w/e needs to be done to get my life on track. I am attending n/a meetings in my area as much as possible. I stopped using the dope about three days ago, thanks to suboxone. I don't feel that it is necessary for me to be on 16 or 24 mg. of sub. Ive started off with a half of a 8mg pill, and it worked out fine for me and held off w/d for about 12 hours. When I could not bare the w/d anymore I would take another 4mgs. Everyday trying to wait as long as possible before dosing again and trying to reduce my dose as quick as possible depending on my symptoms. Surprisingly by day three, I am already only taking about 1.5mg every 12 hours or so, depending on how I feel. I will continue to reduce my dosage, and wait as long as possible before taking my next dose. I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions. Or maybe someone has a better idea for me. I opened up to my family about my situation and I have allot of support. I feel that I am ready to treat my addiction as necessary and have the will power to stop. I am aware that there is no miracle or cure for my problem. It will involve allot of effort and strength on my part. Anyone feel free to give any suggestions or advice on the topic of short term taper using subs. (Or any taper for that matter)

Thanks for your time.

[/size][/size]