It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:14 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

i know theres alot on getting off of suboxone, but nothing similar to my exact situation, so i figured id ask. ive been taking suboxone for a couple days short of 3 weeks now, i started with 1mg the first day, and have taken .5mg every day since, and nothing yesterday, not much i know, but i woke up this morning and i feel pretty crappy, not nearly as bad as w/ding from the H i originally quit, but still enough to make it difficult to function at work/class/around the house, also to sleep and eat, anyways a friend of mine started suboxone a couple days after me, he was doing much more H than me, and 3 days ago he took a dilauted for some pain reason he was having (probably just an excuse) anyway now he is fine, no withdrawals whatsoever after 3 days, where as i am experiencing them after 1 day of no subs, so is it plausible to say that taking a full blown opiate say one time during the period of trying to get off of suboxone, helps to ease getting off of the suboxone itself?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:47 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Based on my experience: NO! When I jumped I started feeling sick on day 3, so on day 4 I thought maybe a little oxy would ease me out of the pain since it's half life is so short. Man was I wrong! I took a few percs, felt good for the rest of the night and woke up the next morning feeling even worse withdrawals than before. Also, it felt like my withdrawals reset, and instead of going through 5 days of acute withdrawal, I went through about 12 days of real dope sickness. I see that it may seem logical to use a little short acting opiate to help ease off subs, but for me, it only made it much worse.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:18 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Yeah, nope. I had also done that thinking it'd help. I convinced myself it would, and ended up with terrible cravings and like PP said, opiate WD's instead of Sub. Some people prefer the opiate WD's to sub, BUT, the thing about opiates and withdrawing from them, is you crave them. I'd just say all together, bad idea. Just wait it out it WILL be okay. You had such a short usage, it shouldn't last too long.

I'm in the same boat you are. Riding on 27 hours right now. When my son went down for a nap, so did I. And I'm exhausted and have a little RLS. I was only on for 12 days this time and only took about .25 in a day. It's just the way these drugs work.

Think about the good. It got you off of H! That's amazing!