It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:22 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I have been taking about 70 mgs of hydrocodone a day for a long time usually 35mgs 2 times a day. I need to stop i have tried many times cold turkey and tapering but neither worked out for me. I would try the cold turkey again if i could get a week or so off from work. but im self employed and busy busy busy. And my meds are my means of energy and basicly they just keep me from getting the withdrawl flu right now. I have read many stories and seen mixed reviews on suboxone. I dont have the insurance to get into sub treatment nor couild i afford it. I did however get my hands on # 10 8mg tabs of suboxone and have been sitting on them for some time now worried chittless if i should or shouldnt try a detox with it. Is it possiable to do this? maybe start at 4 or 2 mgs for a few days and then 2 or 1 mgs for a few days then jump? any advice or taper info would be greatly appreciated. I wish i could talk to someone who has done this and knew what i would have to look forward to . Oh Man what to do? Thx for your time ...... towonderwhat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:56 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I'm not a doctor but this would be my take. Make sure you are in mild to moderate withdrawals, usually 24 hrs for short acting meds, or use the COWS scale. Take as little as possible to stop withdrawals and wait at least an hr. between doses. Decrease that dose every day. Even skip a day at the end. Remember that you won't feel withdrawal till at least 2-3 days after stopping the sub.
It would really be worth the money to see a doctor and ask for a short taper. Your chances of success are greater. Your chances of greater success would be to stay on sub longer to give you time to make the necessary changes to prevent relapse and get more education. Call around to doctors and get a price quote. It's worth it!
Good luck.