It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:08 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

TONIGHT I DECIDED TO GO TO A NARCOTICS ANONYMOUS MEETING AS I CHASE MY DAUGHTERS RECOVERY.....ANYWAYSSSSSSSSSSSZZZZZZZZZZ THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED. I GET HOME, LATE, IN A PANIC SO AS NOT TO BE LATE, I GO IN THE BATHROOM, THE KIDS HAD CLOGGED UP THE TOILET, DISGUSTINGLY SO I MIGHT ADD AND WHEN TRYING TO PLUNGE IT OVERFLOWED NASTILY....EWWWWWWWWWWWW!!

SO THEN I RUSH TO MY ROOM AFTER THAT AND TRY TO THROW MYSELF TOGETHER SO AS NOT TO LOOK LIKE THE FREAK I HAVE BECAME, AND I BOLT OUT LOCKING MY KEYS IN MY ROOM...........SO I USE A JC PENNY CARD (THEY GOT IT ALL INSIDE) AND KICK THE DOOR OPEN RETRIEVE MY KEYS AND FLEE THE HOUSE.

I ZOOM TO THE CHURCH AND GO INSIDE ONLY 10 MINUTES LATE...NO ONE IS HOME BUT JESUS. SO I LOOK AROUND EXPLORE THE CHURCH SINCE I NOW HAVE A HALF HOUR TO KILL BEFORE I GO TO THE OTHER MEETING THAT IS HELD ON THIS NIGHT. I WANDER UP THE CHURCH AISLE IN PITCH DARKNESS AS I DECIDED I WOULD GO UP TO THE ALTER AND PRAY FOR MY GIRL, BEING AS THAT HE WAS THE ONLY ONE AROUND. SO I AM FEELING MY WAY TO THE ALTER, TRIP UP THE STEPS LAND FLAT ON MY FACE WHICH CAUSED ME TO CURSE IN CHURCH!! SO I FLEE FROM THERE ALSO.

NOW, I APPROACH THE NEXT MEETING SITE, I SEE A CHURCHLIKE BUILDING....LOTS OF CARS, THE (SO I THOUGHT) CORRECT ADDRESS AND LOTS OF PEOPLE MILLING ABOUT THROUGH THE WINDOWS. STILL UNSURE I CREEP UP SETTING OFF THE LIGHT SENSOR, I CREEP TO THE BACK AND SET THAT SENSOR OFF TOO. I GO BACK UP FRONT AND BY THIS TIME A FEW PEOPLE ARE LOOKING OUT. SO I WALK UP TO THE DOOR WHERE A VERY NICE LADY USHERS ME INSIDE. I LOOK AROUND AT ABOUT 15 TO 20 PEOPLE AND SAY (I THOUGHT QUIETLY) "IS THIS THE NARCOTICS ANONYMOUS MEETING?"
T TOTAL DEAD SILENCE FILLS THE ROOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE NICE WOMAN LOOKS AT ME AND SAYS "NO, THIS IS A PAMPERED CHEF PARTY!"
I COULD DO NOTHING BUT CRACK UP LAUGHING WHICH WAS THE RIGHT MOVE BECAUSE THE PAMPERED CHEF PEOPLE CRACKED UP LAUGHING AND I COULD STILL HEAR THEM LAUGHING AS I FLED TO MY CAR. HAHAHAHAHHA :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

lol man you had one crazy night i would say :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That's an hilarious story. I love it! Cursing in church...tsk...tsk. HAHA

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

OMG! I would have frigging DIED! It seems every time I have wanted to go to an NA meeting it is ALWAYS at a church and there are always five churches on the same corner and I can NEVER tell which one it is and then I end up leaving. WHY are those things so DAMN hard to find? That's what I would like to know. Thanks for sharing. It is funny. I wouldn't have made it to any meeting and probably wouldn't try again for a very long time.

Better luck next time ;-)

- Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:33 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

well I did try the next night and this time I crashed a kids Bible Study....but I was smarter this time and peered through the window and didn't set off any sensors. Yes, why are these meetings so elusive????? I am gonna keep trying. I think I should drive up north to the city. I would find some people in recovery. I came to the conclusion that most if not all of the addicts in my small town seem to wish to remain anonymous. They were certainly not at that Pampered Chef Party. I got these meeting sites straight from the National Help Line as well as my local people, got the same lists and poof....no one was around.