It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:56 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I've been with my sub dr for about 8 months now. Tapered from 12mg to 6mg in that time. Since coming down to 6mg in the past two months I really havnt been feeling well and my doc is the type that doesn't believe in long term treatment! So a friend of mine gave me the # to her doc and to make a long story short I went to see dr "B" today. He wrote me for 15 films and said see u in 2weeks. I really didn't like this dr AT ALL and never wanna go back. I have a appt still with dr A for the middle of next week still. This is totally a case of not knowing what I had till I lost it!!! I really just want to go to my appt next week and act like it never happened but I'm afraid I'm gonna get arrested or something!!! HELP!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:01 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I just wanted to add that I was looking to improve my health and well being only.......my intentions are not illicit by any means!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I don't think that constitutes doctor shopping. Lots of people look for new suboxone doctors. I usually advise them not to get rid of their current doctor until they've met the new doctor and are sure it will work out. Obviously this one isn't going to work for you. I wouldn't worry too much about it. You can cancel your appointment and just tell them that the doctor wasn't for you - it wasn't a good "fit". But I wouldn't burn that bridge, just in case you ever need him in the future. (You never know.)

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:48 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you very much I feel alot better now! I knew I made a mistake after the 1st min dr B walked in my room!! He asked me what my dosage from dr A is and when I told him 6 mg daily he gave me a puzzled look and said " how's that possible, they only come in 2 and 8mg!?!?". I tried explaining but he just cut me off and said " are u ok with 1 8mg daily?". Than I asked how should I take my dose, all at once or half and half?! He replied " doesn't matter, one 8mg pill will last three days so just do whatever!". Lol. Wtf!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

If you do not fill the script from Dr b you have nothing to worry about. However if your pharmacy notices you filled a script from a different Dr in the middle of your regular Dr a scripts they could question that. Not that you would get in legal trouble but they may call Dr a to see if he knew you got a sub script from a different Dr. If you filled Dr b's script just be sure not to fill Dr a's script early. In other words make sure not to fill it until you have run out of sub. If the script isn't early your pharmacy likely won't even notice you had a script from a different Dr. I wouldn't think it would be against the rules unless you are using 2 drs to get sub earlier. I wouldn't worry about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:57 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

That's what I'll do than!! Thanks guys!!