It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Shooting up DILAUDID??
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:54 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Has anyone ever tried shooting up Dilaudid? I know someone who went from taking Dilaudid 4mg every 8 hours for pain to then shooting it up because she said she was having to double up on her doses????? I heard that this drug is A LOT stronger then morphine and I am very scared for her! I want to help her by telling her about suboxone. Just wondering if anyone had a story about Dilaudid and if so could they share their story. Any info would help.

Thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:53 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Dilaudid is about 10 times stronger than morphine, 3 times stronger than heroin.

I was addicted to dilaudid, though I didn't shoot it, I snorted it. I can only imagine how much harder it would be to quit if I was injecting it. Holy crap.

At the worst of my addiction, I was probably snorting 4-8 mgs of Dilaudid every hour. Sometimes I would snort up 12 or 16mgs all at once if I wanted to get really high. I was also eating lots of percodan and morphine at the time. Ugh.

Anyway, that was my downfall. There was no way in hell I was going cold turkey off of that habit. I tried to taper down, then I lost my connection and I was hoovering up so much oxy just to keep from getting sick. It was hideous.

Suboxone saved my stupid ass. I felt so much better within 20 minutes of my first dose. I've been on it since Oct 2007, and right now I'm down to my last few doses before I'm done. I've been able to really fix my life in that time.

You should tell your friend about it. It's really not safe to inject pills anyway, lots of things can go wrong if there's contaminants in there. But she has to want to do it or it's a waste of time.

Good luck.

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:11 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Injecting Dilaudid is fairly common. It hits you faster and harder than taking it orally, but also wears off faster. Diary is right that injecting ground up pills is dangerous and it really takes a toll on your veins.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Thanks
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:10 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you for your input on this matter. I went on the suboxone site and found a doctor in her area and told her I would go with her for her first appointment if she wanted support. I heard suboxone is great, I was just wondering is it harder for people to get off suboxone or methadone? I guess it depends on how nad your addiction was in the first place and how much sub or meth they give you right? I mean I read on here some people have been on suboxone for along time ( over 5 years ) I also read you can stay on a maintenance dose for life if needed???? I guess if your quality of life is good on a low dose of suboxone then its worth it. Right??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:39 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The studies that have been done indicate Suboxone (buprenorphine) produces more mild withdrawals when discontinued than methadone however withdrawal as Dr. Junig has pointed out several times is heavily dependant on the persons previous experience with withdrawal. If someone has had really horrible experiences with withdrawal before (no withdrawal is pleasant rofl) they will likely have bad withdrawal coming off of any opiate. The key is to taper very, very slowly over the course of months prefferably. Yes people can stay on Suboxone for life if needed it does depend on the doctor who's treating the person though and whether or not they believe in long term maintenance. Recent studies have also indicated that short term Suboxone maintenance is about worthless for the majority of people and as others have pointed out it's best to think of it as a long term treatment. This is not to say someone can't taper off of it because they can but they have to be ready to be willing to dedicate huge amounts of time and energy daily to be able to stay clean through N.A., SMART recovery, or other groups dedicated to recovery. There is nothing wrong with someone staying on Suboxone long term or indefinately after the first few days people on Sub feel completely normal and side effects usually dissapear rapidly. Speaking from my own experience being on Suboxone is no different than taking a daily vitamin and I feel safe from relapse for once, I don't even feel like I need to use anymore. Given the alternative of a very high rate of relapse many times followed by death (no that's not an exxageration) staying on Suboxone is an easy choice for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:50 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

When injected Dilaudid is MUCH stronger than when taken orally or snorted and it produces a rush that feels just like heroin. Swim's drug of choice is Dilaudid and he wouldn't even think of taking it any other way other than injection. Your friend is in big trouble swim's life went down hill FAST when he started messing with the needle now he WILL be doing time in jail if he's lucky so any way you can help your friend do it.