It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: shakey??
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 10:49 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello everyone! Tomorrow will be one full week on subs and a week and a half w/o pain pills- woo hoo! I feel amazing but have felt shaky since starting the subs. My hands are constantly trembling. Holding a pen, taking a drink, whatever. Every single person around me notices. I just say I've had too much coffee (cuz its nobody's business but my own darn it.) I'm on 8mg two x's a day. Is this a overdose side effect or what? Help, please?

Post subject: Re: shakey??
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 10:08 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

gennay wrote:
Hello everyone! Tomorrow will be one full week on subs and a week and a half w/o pain pills- woo hoo! I feel amazing but have felt shaky since starting the subs. My hands are constantly trembling. Holding a pen, taking a drink, whatever. Every single person around me notices. I just say I've had too much coffee (cuz its nobody's business but my own darn it.) I'm on 8mg two x's a day. Is this a overdose side effect or what? Help, please?

Hey Gennay...

People can experience myoclonic jerks on buprenorphine, but they'd be more a kind of occasional / random twitching than a constant tremor. Tremor is a different kind of movement disorder and is more associated with opioid withdrawal.

Have you noticed it getting better or worse since you gradually stabilised on the Sub?

I've actually had issues with tremor myself, but that's more of a side-effect of the lithium than anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 12:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey gennay,

In my experience, tremors accompany opiate withdrawl. I'm guessing your body is in wd from your previous opiate and still adjusting to Suboxone. I would guess your symptoms would improve over the next week or two. BUT, 16mg is a fairly high dose (IMO) and that could be the issue. You could try cutting back your dose and see if your symptoms improve.

And you're right, your tremors are not your coworkers business. Next time someone says something to you about it, tell them, "I get the shakes whenever someone stupid is close by!!" LOL!!!

Congratulations on one week on Suboxone!! Isn't it nice not to be chasing down pills anymore?

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:02 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I dont expirence tremors on suboxone, but like the other two said i get them during wd.

I expirence that thing teejay was talking about, myoclonic jerk or whatever. It ONLY happens when i try to sleep..As im drifting off almost asleep i get this random jerk real quick that wakes me up and takes awhile to fall back asleep after. so annoying!!

And ya i agree with you and romeo, its none of thier damn business why you shake!