It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: sex drive
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:24 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So my husband and I are both on subs and while my sex drive has drastically decreased since being on it ...the desire is still there for me. I know my husband has definitely had a lowered sex drive because we are just not engaging like we used to. I don't want to hurt him but i feel like the intimacy is pretty important to have. Any of you men out there have any suggestions on how i can approach this situation with him? Or is it better for me to just leave it alone and hope he will come around eventually? I am not sure where his energy level is ...i mean he works hard and i know he is going to be tired...he has brought up having low t once before and the conversation took a turn for the worst and we haven't discussed it since. Since i know he realizes the problem maybe he is just putting it out of his mind...i would really like to talk to him about getting tested for this because i feel like our sex life is suffering because of subs and i worry there is no end in sight as far as us getting off the meds even though we probably will at some point.

Help!

Post subject: Re: sex drive
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Methadone is linked to low testosterone (according to my doc), and Sub's might be too.

I started taking testerone 18 months ago, and my sex drive definitely increased. Alot.

My energy levels have been higher, too.

-- ji

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:39 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

johnny_ikon wrote:
Methadone is linked to low testosterone (according to my doc), and Sub's might be too.

I started taking testerone 18 months ago, and my sex drive definitely increased. Alot.

My energy levels have been higher, too.

-- ji

right I get that I am just trying to see how I can approach the situation with my husband who clearly is having low t problems. It would be great to have a sex life again.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:09 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

How are his energy levels? That might be a good way of getting his attention, and getting him interested in testosterone (if that's where you're going with this thread).

Excessively low energy is very frustrating, and if your hubby has this complaint, he might want to check out any possible solution. Maybe it will be easier for him if you take this tack; men can get ashamed about an abnormally low sex drive, and may simply not want to talk about it.

-- JI