It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:20 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello! Got another question. My sex drive has gone downhill. When I was on oxy and Vicodin I absolutely loved sex! Wanted it all the time! Now I'm not interested. IS there anything for women that will help this? I'm only on 12mg a day. And what about constipation? Anyone have any luck finding a way to help that?

Also I keep reading on here that people take like 32mg sub a day and even more. Just wondering how much other opiates did you use before you got on sub. I'm taking 12mg now and I told my doc that I have cravings everyday but he didn't raise it because I didn't use yet??? And some people take it several times a day when it is recommended and said to work better if you take it once per day. JUST WONDERING YA'LL. Anyone feel like sharing please do so... :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:07 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello Gummybear, im a male and im experiencing the same in the sex drive....you kinda really have to be in the mood with suboxone and that seems like its not all that often...and for the constipation, i take 1 bowel movement a day? lol i dont know if thats good or not??? I take 8mg a day once a day, and i was IVing Heroin,Oxycontin and Percocet 30mg...i thought i had a pretty high tolerance, prolly around 120-180mg percocet a day, however i sobered up when i went to jail for 3 months, and 2 days after i got out i tried heroin again and almost overdosed off of 3 bags, and then i made an appt and got suboxone 4 days later and it seems to have worked great no cravings at all or anything, but it took about 2 weeks before the cravings went away completely. Well, hope everything works out for you,

Greg G.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:22 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey gummy- it appears that I missed your post when it first went up. I apologize for not replying sooner.

The lack of a sex drive is a common side effect in both men and women. What a lot of people say is that they just aren't interested in initiating it, but once they get started, things move along just fine. They just need to get past that first hump (pun intended).
Constipation is also common. There are a few good threads about it and various treatments people use. One good thread is, I think, called, "Constipation. Shit.".

I know very few people who are maintained on 32 mg of suboxone. Some are started at that dose but eventually go down, but other than a pain patient (and that's still high), there's no real reason to be on that high a dose of sub. 12 is about an average dose. Some people maintain on 4, others at 16 and still others at 24 - but that's usually the max I see. But remember, don't compare your dose to others. It varies between people based on their tolerance to address w/d and the unique amount of bupe it will take to conquer their cravings. And you're right, other than for pain patients, it is best to dose only once daily.

Again, I'm sorry that your post went unanswered for so long. It's like it got lost in cyber-suboxone-land. :cry:

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:13 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Swisskris for constipation, it's a miricle suppliments. GNC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:31 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I hear ya about the libido gummibear.

One thing I've noticed with it, seeming that my dose seems to vary between 8mg and 12mg, is that when I'm on 12mg my libido suffers a fair bit. It's kinda like when a guy's on some anti-depressants. The sex "instinct" is just really dulled, or doesn't exist. BUT when I'm on 8mg, I'm back to my usual horny sex-obsessed typical male self, which my girl definitely likes.

If you think it's really affecting your relationship or recovery, and you think you could afford to drop your dose, then there should be a level where your libido makes a come-back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:53 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I normally take 4mg, split into two doses of 2mg upon waking and then at 3pm. Fortunately I work from home and my wife knows where to find me from 1-3PM, because after 3PM I lose interest. I'm sure its different for women, but at 12M I think I'd be useless all day.