It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:14 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have Lupus and some other autoimmune disease the can't put their fingers on. I chose Suboxone over three years ago because when I was not in Laing I didn't NEED the Lortab but had to have them, know what I mean? I don't know a whole lot about methadone, but would it be beneficial for me to be on a long lasting opiate all of the time, even when not in pain? Or just just stay crippled in bed for half the month? I've been forbidden from taking NSAIDS because of kidney failure from seventeen years of daily use. What should I do, take the Suboxone, or the methadone?
Thanks topher69

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:12 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

No one can really answer this question for you. There are pros and cons for both sides. I don't know if I would want to be on methadone for pain half the time, HOWEVER, YOU are the one that must determine what you need for the best quality of life. If your pain is that bad, and it is half of your life we're talking about, then maybe methadone will indeed be the best thing for you. It is pretty good for pain, they say. What do your doctors say about it? I would acquire as much information as I could and keep discussing it with your doctor.

I'm sorry I can't give you any clear answers. When it comes to chronic pain and quality of life, you are the only one (with the help of your doctors) who can determine what you need. I wish you the very best.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I have pain 100% of the time not 50 but I’m sure you can relate to my post in some way for help. Basically I’ve been on SUBOXONE for 4 years at first it worked great for my pain but over time the meds started working not too well. Then I reinjured my knee really bad a week ago and can tell you that the pain I feel right now is not being taken care of too well with 24 mgs of sub. The cold weather plays a big part of it but for yourself you have lupus I think you said so cold or warm you still have terrible pain half your life. And if SUBOXONE is not working when this pain is going on and you’re on it for pain management I assume at this point than I ask you why continue to take it? Mainly what I am asking is what is SUB doing for you the 50% you are not in pain? All I know is what I read, learned and been told by other member with my question on methadone. But from my understanding methadone works alto better for pain but then you deal with being on a full antagonist which could be a big trigger for some im sure. But the way I see it is if you are on methadone for 100% of the time than when lupus does kick in you wouldn’t have to have loratabs just in case you would have to stop SUB than restart it once the pain goes away and to me that just sounds like a big pain in the rear. But a problem you will have to deal with if your normal Dr wont prescribe it to you than you would have to be taken to a methadone clinic daylily and I don’t know much about lupus but im sure the last thing you want to do is get out of bed and drive some were when you are having a flare up.

But when all is said and done I think Hat said it best you need to talk to your Doctors about this and just tell them the truth and how you feel.