It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:35 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I woke up this morning in severe low back pain that radiated all the way to my toes. I thought it was the way I slept, but it has not stopped all day, so I thought I would put it up here just in case someone else has experienced this before.

The majority of my pain is in my pelvic bones, and feels like it could be abdominal, but my sacrum really hurts as well. The only relief I have found today is laying in a hot bath. It hurts worse with standing, and walking feels like severe pressure on my hips. I have to sit with my legs out on a recliner with a heating pad on my back or abdomen. I am totaly confused!

I just started Suboxone 8mg twice daily on Thursday last week, however I have only really took 4mg 1-2 times a day. I have a history of back pain. I have not had a full bowel movement since starting subs, so I thought it could be one of a few things:
1. Constipation so bad it is radiating down my legs!?!
2. Back pain from sleeping wrong
3. Ovarian cyst (I have a history of large cysts)

I am going to urgent care if it has not gone away tomorrow, as I have been non-functional today. The pain is a 7 out of 10, and I can't tae it anymore!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:59 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Snuggles! Sorry to hear about your pain. I don't know for sure what it could be. But I do know that when I'm constipated, which I have been since Friday as well, that my whole body seems to shut down. I get numb in the head, unfocused, my eyes get red and I get pain from my abdominal down, yes the legs sometimes too. What works for me is 6-8oz of prune juice in a coffe mug, heat in microwave for 40 seconds and wham! In less than an hour you will go. ( I did it today lol)

To be sure you should get Checked out though, hope all goes well!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:50 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

That is a great tip on the prune juice Red. I too have been constipated since starting sub treatment...(TMI WARNING!!!! IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ ABOUT BODILY FUNCTIONS BACK AWAY NOW!) I've never been very regular but I recently went 6 days without going! Finally on Saturday I decided to take milk of magnesia. I had 2 Tbsp Saturday afternoon and took another Tbsp before bed. Nothing happened. Woke up Sunday morning and took another 2 Tbsp...about an hour later I had to RUN to the bathroom! Spent ALL DAY in there, about every 45 minutes until last night about 8:00. Needles to say I think I'll be good for a few days!