It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:19 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I do not start suboxone til Wednesday but talked to my mom last night about doing it. She is a lifelong user of pain pills. She said something I never thought id hear her say. She confessed to me that she wants out of the grips of addiction. I am so happy about this! Because when I told her about going into treatment last summer she was not thrilled. Not that she doesn't want the best for me but misery loves company. So I am going to be reporting to her mu experience and she is seriously thinking about doing it herself. Oh happy day! Thank you Jesus!!

Post subject: Reversal
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:37 pm 

That is pretty awesome Crystal. The child teaching the parent. I can understand her not wanting to see you recover. It just shines the light much brighter on her problem. Do you think she's a good candidate for Suboxone treatment? Does she ever stop the pain pills to give her system a break once in awhile? How about both of you going in together for treatment? At least then, her pills won't be around to tempt you.

Sorry for all the questions. This thread is supposed to be about you and starting Suboxone therapy soon. Can you give us some more info on your drug use? The main reason I ask is so you don't end up being given too much and then feeling sick. Suboxone is a strong drug so it's best to be careful and informed before induction.

Glad to have you with us,

Rule

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:04 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Good luck with your induction this week. I'll echo what others said on your earlier thread. Start low. More can be added, but you can't take it out of your system. Last week we induced someone with 1 mg (1/2 film) and then the second 1/2 about 45 minutes later. Worked well for her, now taking 2 in the am and 2 in the pm. She also has chronic pain, failed back surgeries and fibro so may need to stay with the twice a day dosage. That would be great if you can get your mother on board, at least to support your recovery.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:33 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

No problem w the questions! I'm glad someone responded. My mom has never taken a break from pills. I'm not sure if she's a good candidate. But I hope so. I've been on norcos 10mg 5-7 a day for 2 years now. Before that id take em her and there but was never addicted.went into inpatient treatment to try to stop and I did for about a month. I white knuckled it the whole time and hated life. I have developed PAWS. So I relapsed. I've tried to taper off pills but can't. So I'm hopeful that suboxone will get me wheel I need to be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:37 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for the advice doc! I appreciate it. I'm def wanting the absolute lowest dose to maintain normalcy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Crystal,

I've been in your shoes. 100%. My Dad is now on maintenance and will probably be for life. He actually got to maintenance before I did but still, I always worried about him... for a long time really. I hope your Mom can see what a good thing this would be in her life. Not only is it healthier but it will give her a sense of normalcy that she probably doesn't have now. Please though, do not hang your recovery on what your mom decides. And if she doesn't follow your lead, be prepared to give yourself some space from her to get yourself on sturdy ground. Even if she doesn't immediately follow, she may choose to after seeing the impact that maintenance has had on you. So the best thing you can do is put yourself first and do whatever is best for you. I know you probably know this already but it can't be said enough.

Lastly, to echo a few others here, be careful with your starting dose. You're not going to need that much suboxone and most likely your doc will over prescribe. Best of luck, Crystal. Hope you stick around and update us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:44 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you tiny dancer. I really appreciate any encouragement. I have already made my mind up about my recovery. Whether my mom follows suit or not.