It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:27 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I have been tapering from Suboxone and I have stored up some seroquel that I have not actually needed yet, because I have not had withdrawal symptoms yet, but have tested on two separate nights to see how I react normally before I take it when I am actually withdrawing (if I have trouble sleeping after I am down to 0 mg). I have taken a quarter of the pill or less both times and although it takes at least 45 minutes to work, it keeps me asleep all night. So it seems to be great.

BUT

I looked up the drug on drugs.com and it says it is an anti-psychotic used for schizophrenia patients. The way seroquel works is that it reduces the action of serotonin and dopamine. Is this what is good when you are quitting opiates? Or is this the last thing you want to do to your serotonin and dopamine levels?

I would be so happy if anyone could tell me anything about this. Until then, I will NOT be taking it any more!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I take seroquel for secondary use for my severe insomnia it was a last option hail Mary. before I went back on ristoriol which is a benzo/strongest sleeping medication that u can get. Anyways I have not had any serious issues and I detoxed of suboxone to start methadone and was taking seroquel the whole time so you'll be fine.

Post subject: seroqul
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:59 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I have been taking seroquel for 5 years now for bipolar disorder...........I took it during the time I was on subs and after I stopped taking subs............I take it at night and have had no problems with it, it works for me the fact it helps me sleep is a bonus