It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:43 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I am 49 year old male, successful businessman with own company, great family, plenty of monies, properties etc. No life issue.
I have serious depression, Been thru 4 pdoc over the years. Currently with a premium P DOC that trained at Johns Hopkins. Good doc, we get along well and are working of different med combos in a methodical way. Been on 9 meds and combos over 8 years or 10 years. Most drug work for a week or so then they dont help. Hospitalized 2 recently because I was not feeling safe. There are other classes of drugs I could try, but I am out of time, SI are daily. I have read success with TRD using Sub. 9 year ago a used opiates for a few months and they worked well.
I know its unlikely to get a SUB t RX Sub to me for depression, I just know it would help. I might try a letter writing campaign to local Sub docs. I know it sounds bad, perhaps I should be opiates for a week and go to a doctor ''dirty''. I know Sub. has draw back, but I am willing to give up 10 years of my later life to get 10 quality years now.
comment welcomed Matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:21 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

To be dead honest with you I think your going to have a real hard time finding a sub Dr who will perscribe you subs for depression. A lot of Dr don't even like writing scripts for 2nd hand uses as it is. I truly don't agree with what I'm about to say but you would be better off lying you have a serious drug problem if you truly want to get on suboxone that bad. Also I'm scared that if you get a certain side effect it will only make your depression worst. Many of us have dealt with this SE but suboxone makes you very numb and emotionless over time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:57 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I personally wouldn't recommend sub treatment for depression. I think it might sound like a good idea at first and maybe even help your depression temporarily at first but I feel, after time, your depression symptoms could get even worse. Obviously I am not a doctor, just giving you advice from my personal experience. I had a bit of depression and elevated anxiety while on subs that didn't develop until 2-3 years in. You are putting a lot on the line for a slight chance that suboxone could help with your depression. To get strung out on opiates, is to really look depression in the face.

Sorry buddy. I hope you get some relief in a healthier format.