It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:58 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello Everyone,

I am a new member to this forum, although I have been a secret stalker for about a month. I am a single mom of three teenagers, currently unemployed but looking, and have been addicted to opiates since 2000. I remember my first (not medically necessary) pain pill because it was on my son's fifth birthday. About four years ago, I switched from methadone to Suboxone. It wasn't a fun transition, but I made it. At that time, the idea was to get mentally and physically stable then start to taper down in 6-9 months. That was in 2010. In 2012, I started tapering my bupe dose because I thought it was the right thing to do. I noticed that the lower I got, the worse I felt (duh statement, but it accompanies a long story that I will share sometime). I went from 24mg to 4mg. As soon as I went under 8mg- it starting getting really difficult. I have been physically and mentally ill since. A couple weeks ago I decided that I couldn't continue to feel crappy all the time. I need to go back to work and get productive again. I saw my Suboxone doctor and he helped me put things in perspective. Suboxone helps me achieve a higher quality of living, so why beat myself up to get off a medication that is helping me to thrive? Especially, when relapse rates are so high? So, I am back in the saddle, trying to get back up to a dose that holds me, and have a brighter outlook on my Suboxone Life. Many things have changed over the years and I am learning so much new information from this forum. I appreciate any ideas, insights, feedback. I look forward to getting to know and find support on this forum. I have heard wonderful things about you all and Dr. Junig.
Thanks again,
Kaiberri

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:28 pm 

Well welcome wellcome,...let be the first to say!!!

"Life on suboxone", yes, its a new life.a good one that can open many doors, it has for me.
Life isnt perfecton it, but life sucks without it, and wondering and worrying how "it ll be "if I stay on it isnt worth the risk. Iom, but thats me. Its all a process, and maybe if its time to go off I ll know it.

I have to get out there and move around. Try new and old things on sub. As they say " its the new normal", once stablized, life can be good to great. This med, we are so lucky today to have it.

Great that you have joined. There are many new folks popping up here lately. I guess a new freshman class so to speak.lol.

Best of luck on finding that dose you need. Ive moved mine around at times over the last 3 years, but you will find it. Good for you, and your family.

Oh and ya dr j's a wise man, I think. Maybe heack out his Bupe Guide. Great info there..

Welcome again Kel,
razor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello, and welcome to our forum! Congratulations on your decision to do what's right for YOU and YOUR recovery! good for you for recognizing that there's a medication that you can utilize in your recovery so you don't have to feel terrible all the time. I hope you get back to a comfortable dose that makes you feel like yourself again and that you find the job you're looking for as well. Best wishes for your continued recovery :-)

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:29 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Thank you so much for the welcome! It feels good to be part of a group that can relate to the same experiences. I am really looking forward to meeting and getting to know everyone.