It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:13 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello,

I've been on Suboxone for several years now. Up until about two or three months ago, I was on 24mg/day.

However, I've been able to get myself down to 2mg (and sometimes 3-4mg if I feel really sick).

Here's the issue: due to legal issues, I am being mandated to long-term treatment (3 months+ of inpatient/residential rehab). The facility does not allow clients to take Suboxone, or any controlled substance for that matter. I am scheduled to go in approximately 14 days (two weeks) and I'm being forced to stop taking Suboxone.

I was wondering if anyone could assist me in making a daily taper chart to make withdrawals as easy as possible over a two-week span. Like I said previously, I'm currently down to approximately 2-3mg a day. I know it's going to suck big-time regardless, but I was hoping someone could help me plan out my dosages for the next two weeks, so when I do go into the rehab center I don't feel like I'm dying. I know a perfectly clean withdrawal is unrealistic but I'd like to minimize the suffering as much as possible.

PLEASE help if you have any ideas that even *might* help the slightest bit.

All advice/assistance is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I would go:

2mg

Or, if you're already at 2mg start with 1.5 and stay an extra day at 0.75 and 0.5. This is just my opinion. You will have some WD but it won't be horrible like full agonists. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Lilly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:06 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Thank you so much! As of now that's what I'm going to go with.

I'll try to report in on how it goes as I get closer to the rehab entry-date.

If anyone has anything else helpful to add, feel free to contribute :)

Thanks again.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:40 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

It's a good idea to taper down before you go. Smart idea. Keep in mind that the rehab facility will give you everything they have to keep your withdrawal as comfortable as possible. Whatever that means?...lol. Be excited about your upcoming experience. This may be the best thing that will ever happen to you. Rehab works if you're serious about it, in my opinion. 3 months is a good length of time. There are a lot of people who only get 7-10 days, and they're still withdrawing when they get discharged. A lot of them relapse during that time because the anxiety and the symptoms kill them. You'll have 3 months in a controlled environment that will help you through your withdrawals, AND give you support. It's up to you if you want to do meetings. I went to rehab, opted out of the meetings, but did IOP (intensive outpatient therapy), and continued in a therapy group after my IOP. I also sought out an amazing primary care doctor, an addictionologist who REALLY cares about his patients and is very smart. I've been clean 7 months, almost 8, and have no intentions on revisiting that ordeal again. Trying to come off sub was the ABSOLUTE hardest thing I have had to do in a VERY VERY VERY long time. It can be done though, so keep an open mind. Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:15 am 
New Poster
New Poster

foundhelp wrote:
It's a good idea to taper down before you go. Smart idea. Keep in mind that the rehab facility will give you everything they have to keep your withdrawal as comfortable as possible. Whatever that means?...lol. Be excited about your upcoming experience. This may be the best thing that will ever happen to you. Rehab works if you're serious about it, in my opinion. 3 months is a good length of time. There are a lot of people who only get 7-10 days, and they're still withdrawing when they get discharged. A lot of them relapse during that time because the anxiety and the symptoms kill them. You'll have 3 months in a controlled environment that will help you through your withdrawals, AND give you support. It's up to you if you want to do meetings. I went to rehab, opted out of the meetings, but did IOP (intensive outpatient therapy), and continued in a therapy group after my IOP. I also sought out an amazing primary care doctor, an addictionologist who REALLY cares about his patients and is very smart. I've been clean 7 months, almost 8, and have no intentions on revisiting that ordeal again. Trying to come off sub was the ABSOLUTE hardest thing I have had to do in a VERY VERY VERY long time. It can be done though, so keep an open mind. Good luck!

Thank you.

Today I woke up "gagging" if you will, followed by what seems like an attempt by my body to vomit, though nothing is really coming out except clear liquid. Really painful, I can feel my insides hurting. I feel like my throat is really "tight"and if I even breathe the wrong way, I have a somewhat violent gag followed by a nearly "dry" throw-up. I scrambled to take 2mg. It's been about a half hour and I don't feel too much better. Really wanted to take 1mg in the morning and 1mg at night, but it looks like that'll be it for the day if I can be strong enough to make it through without indulging in another half milligram.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I have found at the lower doses (I am at 0.75 right now) it takes longer for the Sub to kick in - like at least two hours. I think it might be that the norbuprenorphine ( the metabolite of bupe) is what makes you feel better. So don't be tempted to take more before you give it a chance. Also, I think dividing the dose is a good idea.

Post subject: TO BNOTE
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:45 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

HELLO, AND I AM SORRY YOU ARE HAVING TO GET OFF YOUR SUB. I WENT TO MANY TREATENTMENT CENTERS BUT THE LONGEST ONE WAS FOR 32DAYS....I HAD A DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE FROM THE OTHER POST...THEY WOULD NOT GIVE ME ANYTHING TO HELP THE WITHDRAWALS...I DID GET CLONIDINE BUT THATS BECAUSE I WAS ALREADY TAKING IT FOR MY HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE. I GOT VERY ANGRY BECAUSE THEY WOULD NOT GIVE ME ANYTHING...THE ADDICTS GOT NOTHING AND THE ALCOHOLICS GOT LIBRIUM. I SHOULD HAVE TOLD THEM I WAS AN ALCOHOLIC.LOL
BUT I WILL TELL YOU THE PROGRAM OFFERED A LOT OF VERY GOOD STUFF...AND I WAS JUST NOT READY TO QUIT TAKING MY DOC//HYDROCODONE...SO MY ADDITUDE WAS LOUSY AND I MIGHT HAVE DONE MUCH BETTER IF I HAD BEEN A LITTLE MORE HUMBLE AND NOT SUCH A SMART ASS. SO I GUESS WHAT I AM SAYING IS THIS CAN HELP YOU IT JUST MAKES ME ANGRY THEY WILL NOT LET YOU TAKE YOUR SUB. IF YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT GETTING CLEAN AND SOBER AND MAKE THE MEETINGS AND DO THE DEAL I FEEL IT WILL BE OF VALUE TO YOU. I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST AND WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOU. ..JUDY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Do you have a script for clonidine? If not you should ask you Dr for one, it does help. Other than that I have nothing to add, with the time you have Lilly's taper looks good to me. I do not understand why a court would force an addict off of suboxone, hopefully one day this will change.