It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: seeking advice
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:33 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hi, I have a couple questions about facing withdraws...my insurance company is giving me the run around and I have to file an appeal to get them to pay for the suboxone. I can't get ahold of my doctor to get enough Percocet to last me until I can get the suboxone. I'm very afraid of going thru withdraws...I've been without before and the longest was a day (over night). I remember just wanting to jump out of my own skin and having a horrible migriane. I've got my anexity medication, but that only does so much. So, does anyone have any advice for me as to what to expect or if there is anything that I can do to not have the worst weekend of my life? I feel like I'm giving myself anexity and are there any suggestions to keep from sycking myself out? Thanks everyone so much.
kate

Post subject: Re: seeking advice
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:09 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have an update to my post this afternoon...my doctor called me in enough pain meds to last me thru the weekend, but I did go ahead and get 6 strips of 2MG-0.5MG. The directions for that are take the strips 3 times a day...which only leaves me with a 2 day supply.(what kind of dose is this...is it a high one, normal one or a low dose...I'm very unfamiliar with this medicine...pain pills I know :wink: )So should I stay on the percs until I run out then start the strips or should I start on the strips and try to stretch them out by possibly cutting them in half to see if that works. All of this is new to me and I think that I'm working myself up with the anexity. I would love any opinions or advice that anyone can spare. Thanks so much to everyone out there!!
Kate

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:10 pm 

So you had two drs writing you two scripts? Wow..well, when do you see the sub dr again? That should give you an idea how to stretch all of this out..

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:38 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I just have the one doctor...she wrote me the script for the pain pills while insurance is trying to make their decision. Before I knew that she was going to cover me for the weekend with the percs I was working with the pharmacy to see if I could afford the subs so I wouldn't be without anything for the weekend. That's how I ended up with both.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:03 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I can tell you this, life will be so much easier when you're not chasing pills anymore or worried about running out!! Percocet and oxys tend to create that constant panic, while suboxone doesn't. I don't know your whole story, but whatever led you to decide on suboxone, it was a good choice! Anyway, I'd probably stretch the percocets till they are gone and then start the suboxone, once you've waited a little. Probably worse to go back and forth so hopefully you'll have an answer soon from the insurance company. If they say no, it doesn't have to be the end. Figure out how to work with the pharmacy, like you started doing, and pay for what you can at a time. If you were buying pills off the street, IF, I don't know if you were, but suboxone will end up being a lot cheaper. I pay cash for my prescription, if you end up having to pay, you may want to ask about switching to the suboxone pills which are cheaper then the strips. Anyway, good luck! Feel free to ask questions, I would have been lost without this forum when I started suboxone 4 months ago! :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:58 pm 

When I was in your situation I had my doctor write me a script for enough percocet to get me through to when I had to go through withdrawal before induction on sub.

If I were you I would keep taking the percocent until you're ready to spend some time in withdrawal to induce on the suboxone.

Amy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:23 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So question...what I've been reading, I need to let myself start withdrawing before I take the sub strip? How bad should I let it get? When I get the creepy crawlies? Also, when the suboxone kicks in will it help with the nausia from the withdraws? I've been walking into this blind and this has been so helpful, I want to thank everyone.
Kate

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:43 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I think it really varies. I wasn't in withdrawal when I started the subs, and didn't really have too bad of precipitated withdrawal. That scenario doesn't seem to be the norm on here though. I would think you'd be fine a few hours after your last dose of perc, that was my experience anyway. I had a headache and a kinda blah feeling the first night but nothing too bad. I'm not a doctor though. If you go to a point where you start to feel some withdrawal I think you be ok to start the subs, at a small dose and then another dose a few hours later. Just my opinion. There doesn't seem to be a reason to wait a really long time. Maybe others can offer their experience so you have a few scenarios to think on. My experience seems to be different then most. Good luck! If you need someone to bounce ideas off, feel free to ask, I've had so many amazing people help me along the way here, I'd be more then happy to help if I can. :)