It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: seeing pain doctor
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:35 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I'm nervous about seeing my PM doctor Thursday

I'm guessing my suboxone doc will send my PM doc all the info they collected from me at my visit. My question is I'm not really sure how he feels about subs and not sure what he will say!

How did ya'll PM doctor take the news and how was thier reaction finding out??

I'm sure he will not be happy I took my whole script in a week. I just figure it is best to face him and see what he has to say about it!! I get other scripts like my sleeping meds and others from him.

Has anyone had a bad experience from their doctor???

I will just be honest with him and hope he takes it ok If not than he can send me to another doctor!!!!

Thanks Meltalk :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:57 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

So you basically stopped your pain meds to start sub, right? And now you have your next appt with your PM doctor, is that the case? When I did the same thing, I just never went back to see my PM doctor. I cancelled my appointment and told them I stopped taking my meds. No explanation necessary and I haven't seen her since.

Now obviously if you have reasons to keep communications open, then don't burn any bridges. I would just be honest with your doc and tell her/him that through no fault of theirs, you hid from them that you got addicted to the pain meds and have now obtained a sub doctor for addiction treatment. If your pain doc cares anything about you, s/he should be happy that you're taking care of your needs. At least that's how I see it.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject: yes
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:59 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I thought about cancelling my appointment but I need more medical attention. I have lots of trouble sleeping and I have other issues with my pain. I have alot of problems with my arm and legs. He is not only a pm doc he is a bone and joint doc,I think I will need to continue seeing him if he agrees to it.

When I went to sub clinic the nurse said She had not worked with him before so she was not sure on how he would respond to subs. I will just keep my appointment and see how it goes from there. If he does not like subs then I will listen to his reasoning. Surely he will not kick me out for trying to get off pmeds.

It is just the unknown that is always hard.

I can't imagine him being mad but if he is then he can just send me to another doctor. I'm sorry if he feels ill about subs. They are helping me and on the bright side he may prescribe them, I will see how it works out....

I will keep ya'll posted on how it goes and I will post it Thursday
Wishing myself luck and now I can't wait to see the turn out ,,,,

Thanks Mel

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: honesty
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:32 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

i have found honesty is always the best policy...hell, pm docs have heard of bupe.....just be pragmatic, tell the story as is, if he is a good one, he should help. pm docs get so much bullshit thrown around ALL DAY long that when someone is upfront and honest-they tend to respect that.....keep us posted please!