It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:01 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

My first week of sub I had a hard time with the side effects( headache and some nausea) while taking 2mgs. in the morning and another 2mgs at night. I took some advice from the forum and tried to use only 1 mg twice a day with fairly good results the first couple of days.But then I started feeling like crap.I went back to my original dose and felt much better without of those nasty headaches.By the end of my first week I found that the best way to take my suboxone was to use 2mgs. in the morning and 4 at night. I was a little apprehensive taking 4 mgs at once but all was well.
This convinced me to take 4mgs 2x a day yesterday and I had a really good day...no cravings,no aching all over etc.

Is it possible that in a week I have built up a tolerance to suboxone? I mean geez! I went from hesitantly taking 2 to 4 mgs total in day to tolerating 8mgs.pretty fast. I am trying to listen to my body and find the delicate balance of medication it needs.I don't feel that I need to take more at this point as I am pretty comfortable and hope to stay that way.
I am interested in hearing other forum members expiriences in the early adjustment period.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:17 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

No, one doesn't build up a tolerance to suboxone the way that you're thinking.

When it comes to suboxone inducted, everyone likes to make sure that no one starts on too high a dose, because sub is so very strong. And you did start at an extremely low dose. Usually it's normal to start ABOVE the ~ 4 mg ceiling and you were way below that. Now that you're not listening to other people, but your body and what it needs, you're finding what feels right and thereby most likely what IS right for you. Now, I'm not saying you shouldn't listen to others, and frankly, I don't even recall your specific situation. But often people want to tell others how low their dose should be and it sometimes scares people and they go to the low extreme. But doses are VERY individualized and should NOT be compared to those of others.

I think you just started out at too low a dose and due to that it took you a bit longer to find the dose that you needed to meet your own unique needs.

Just keep doing what you feel is right for you. That's what I say anyway.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.