It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:53 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I was absolutely shocked at how quick the med works. The dr. broke an 8mg pill in half, gave the other half to me, and had me sit for 20-25 minutes. After letting it disolve for 15 minutes and sitting for another 15, when I left I felt 75% better. He told me to take the other 1/2 when I got home. As I was waiting for the pharmacist to fill the script, the final 25% of feeling good hit me, and for the first time in almost 3 years I felt 100% normal. I almost forgot the feeling. I can't wait for insignificant things to NOT bother me anymore. The taste is fine. It IS medicine after all. My only problem, if you can call it that, is I slobber like crazy. It doesn't matter when I take it, as soon as it hits my tongue, the faucets turn on. I look like a chipmunk w/cheeks full of saliva after 5 minutes. I try to keep it under my tongue for 15 minutes and swish everything for however much time it takes from it disolving to the 15minute time limit I give myself, then swallow. So far, no side-effects at all other than the dent in the wallet, but I knew it was $$$. After being on methadone for 5 years, this stuff blows that poison away. Gotta give Suboxone an A+. Much better for all-day help. Add on top of that the fact that I don't need to go every day and my Suboxone dr. is only 10 minutes from my home makes it a win-win.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:03 pm 
Isnt it amazing? I felt the same way you described at my induction. My doc didnt give me any in his office tho he asked the nurse to go get the tablet but they didnt have anymore I was like wtf. He just wrote the prescription for 16mgs, 4mgs 4 times daily and sent me to the pharmacy. I was soooo sick on the drive over and as soon as i got back to my car from filling the Rx I tossed two tablets under my tongue and low and behold about an hour and a half later I wasnt sick anymore!!!. Since that day I havent relapsed on opiates once (had a relapse on some benzos tho) and its been around 100 days. Its so awesome to have my life back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That's great to hear quadracersteve, I'm so glad you're having positive experience.

The super-drool thing- I had that too and it seemed decrease with time. I would try to take my pill when my mouth was super-dry, like the second I woke up in the morning and that seemed to help.

-Jack Kornfield

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:49 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Oh, how WONDERFUL to hear this! I am so glad for you. ~Rossma

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:26 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm so happy to hear that you're feeling good. Congrats on changing your life. Good luck with everything.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:31 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I thank you all for your thumbs-up. I can appreciate things now when, before, I was just plain old sick of being sick and didn't take time to THINK about things more, and am able to respond to things more level-headed. Not sure if that makes sense, but before, I just didn't care anymore and things got testy, to say the least. As for the watery mouth, unfortunately I took it first thing outta bed this morning AND with a fan blowing in my face,lol. Still no luck. Hopefully I get used to it. If not, oh,well, that's the least of things to worry about. And to think, I worried about this and put off going onto it for nothing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:11 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I'm sure this ? has been asked a million times throughout this website, so I apologise. Most of you are probably saying,"not again!" but from the time the pill goes in my mouth, the faucets begin, so the pill is disolved in 5 minutes MAX, and for another 10 minutes I swish the juices back and forth in my mouth before swallowing it. I notice after I swallow then go to spit like normal, my spit is still orange(ish). I thought that to get full absorbtion, your saliva should be clear. Now after saying this, I have no w/d's at all. My only concern is, would the med work longer if I kept it in my mouth till my spit was clear? Again, probably worrying about nothing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:44 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I think that although your spit is still orange that you're getting good enough absorption. You're keeping it in your mouth and swooshing it around, which is good. If you weren't doing that, then I might think otherwise, but you are. It's probably just the leftover coloring from the tablet. That's just what I think, but I'm no doctor or chemist. Again, I'm so glad you're happy with your treatment. Keep us posted on how you're doing.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:10 pm 
Glad your'e feeling so good! I remember those feelings well! I also struggled with the rapid melting of the table in my mouth and lots of spit and worrying that I might not be absorbing it properly, etc. After reading around here and being reassured and realizing that the proof was already right in front of my face, I settled down and quit worrying about it!! Proof being......I felt great, so the medicine MUST be working just fine!!
Enjoy your new found freedom and get to work on making everything in your life better now that you're free from chasing opiates!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

quadracersteve wrote:
I'm sure this ? has been asked a million times throughout this website, so I apologise. Most of you are probably saying,"not again!" but from the time the pill goes in my mouth, the faucets begin, so the pill is disolved in 5 minutes MAX, and for another 10 minutes I swish the juices back and forth in my mouth before swallowing it. I notice after I swallow then go to spit like normal, my spit is still orange(ish). I thought that to get full absorbtion, your saliva should be clear. Now after saying this, I have no w/d's at all. My only concern is, would the med work longer if I kept it in my mouth till my spit was clear? Again, probably worrying about nothing.

Good question! My guess is, after 15 minutes, you've probably obtained just about all of the absorption you're going to obtain, so spitting isn't going to hurt and it's likely just dye you're seeing in your spit at that point.

If you feel good, why worry about it, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:07 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

You guys are right. Worrying about nothing. Although I do keep it in there for an extra 5 minutes which seems to turn my spit clear. Any longer than that and my cheeks will let out, and it will look like I had an "accident" on myself,lol. But I haven't noticed and marked change in feeling between adding that extra 5 minutes and not. A little over 5 years clean, and here I am wanting all the dye in the pill too. How interesting an addicts mind must be.