It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:16 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm not sure what's changed with the new site, or maybe it's the host and their load balancing system..but there's a script that hangs every time this site loads.
I especially notice it when clicking on New Topic, the Font Color area is the last to load, and actually Firefox brings up a (Not Responding) beside the titlebar....
So whatever script is running just before the Font Color section has bugs...
But also something is loading all the time. As I type this, the tab I'm typing in has "connecting..." with the spinning circle, meaning there's a blank http request that this site isn't answering for some reason...

Are you guys aware of this, or is this already being looked into?

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:35 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I have been having the same issue. Every once in a while, my browser either locks or gets so slow it might as well be locked. I run Norton IS as well and I thought that the link scanner might have something to do with it but I am not so sure now.

I am an IT professional, maybe we can figure this out.

What browser are you using? Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer? What operating system are you using, Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8?

Maybe if we can find enough similarities we can piece together what is failing and why.

I currently run Google Chrome, in Windows 7... Java is up to date, running Java 7 v 51.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:27 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Script error: chrome://browser/content/browser.js:15937

I really wish you guys would fix this...it takes me about 3 minutes of waiting to post a reply ...to any post. If I click on Reply...then I'm stuck with my browser frozen for about 3 minutes, with (Not Responding) in the titlebar...and I can't do shit until this error pops up.
Really makes coming to the site frustrating as hell, because when I want to reply, I have to wait for this error, or just not say anything ...

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:10 pm 

Just from my point of view, yours is the first complaint. This site does run slower than other websites and I too get locked up and have to wait, and wait,....etc..

It's an issue that admin will hopefully address by reading this thread. Or we can send them a message once more information is gathered from other users having the same problem.

I run Google Chrome with Windows 7 too. My computer is old so that is what I figured was the problem with me. That, plus I run an app called AdBlock from Chrome. Mostly I blamed it on that.

Let's see what others experience.

rule

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:50 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey Jonathan,

Not sure if you're still having the problem with the site, but I too use Google Chrome as my default browser and haven't experienced any issues. The only thing I would suggest would be to re-install your browser.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I don't run chrome, I run adblock too and always have. This Problem didn't arise until the change. I have a six core rig with 1 gig gddr5 video card and 8 gigs of ram...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:03 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I feel certain it's the site as well. There is some scripting that is causing the hang. I usually have to kill the browser and come back to the site in order to get it to work, and then it will only do well for so long. I have found that if I am writing a very long post, to write it in notepad and then copy/paste it into the forum otherwise it's likely to crash before I have finished my post.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:08 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Reprieve wrote:
I feel certain it's the site as well. There is some scripting that is causing the hang. I usually have to kill the browser and come back to the site in order to get it to work, and then it will only do well for so long. I have found that if I am writing a very long post, to write it in notepad and then copy/paste it into the forum otherwise it's likely to crash before I have finished my post.

Maybe a poll that would catch everyone's attention, somewhere in an area where most people would see it...would give better results on how many people are encountering this.

Whatever script it is has something to do with, or loads just before the Font Color area.

If you look at the snip below, you see the Font Color area I circled isn't loaded yet, and the browser is frozen on that....when the browser FINALLY starts working again, the Font Color is the FIRST thing to pop up and complete loading just after the hang.