It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Scared...
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:14 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I am on less than 1 mg of subs given to me by my dr for pain. I cut my strips from my husbands 8mg and take those but I feel horrible and I want off. I have a daughter, have never been an addict and I'm scared. It's too expensive to see a sub doctor and I need help! I'm very sensitive to meds and I want my life back. Always weak, tired, nervous. Please help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:40 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi danyell,

So are you taking your own sub or your husbands? You said you dont feel good on sub, it id a very potent opiate for somebody with a low tolorance or someone whos not used to pain meds. Im sry you feel so terrible. Do you expirence wd if you dont take it? If so you could try tapering off. You can start by reducing the dose your on by 10-20 percent each time. I think the thread title liquid taper method all the way to the top of this section has a lot of good info that could help you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:44 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks for your reply. We had a very tough year and I couldn't go back to my dr so I started on my husbands. I get very anxious and tired and achy when I get off. I'm just at a loss on what to do...I feel ashamed, and feel like I have no willpower. I got on because I experience migraines and neck and jaw pain from grinding. I will look up a taper schedule. Are there any over the counter meds that can help? Or anything I can request from my GP to help?

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:49 pm 

I looked back at some of your other posts and it seems like you're caught in a vicious cycle. In my using days I asked for opiates for tmj pain and headaches too. They never helped the headaches, but made me feel good enough that I didn't care. I think you need to start coming up with a better plan to help with your migraines. One thing I did was go on Seasonique, the 3 month birth control pill. My migraines are majorly influenced by hormone fluctuations. Have you looked into other causes to address your headaches? Have you thought of receiving chiropractic or acupuncture?

You sound like you're scared of addiction, but that you find yourself seeking opiates a lot. I don't know if your problem is that you see yourself becoming an addict, but you want someone to tell you that it's OK to use opiates to get some relief. Please forgive me if I'm way off base, but I think you need to take an honest assessment of yourself and nip any addiction tendencies in the bud. You remind me a bit of myself at an early stage when I felt like I deserved to feel good, but felt guilty at the same time because I knew I was seeking the high and not the pain relief.

Like I said, I'm sorry if I've misread the situation, because I want you to feel welcome here. If you tell me that I've missed the mark, I totally believe you, and let's try to figure out how to help you better.

:)
Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:58 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Amy, it's really more that I'm afraid of the withdrawals. Honestly, I hate the feeling the opiates...I get nauseous, tired, and I grind more. I don't want to feel bad anymore, but I don't know anything about it. My doctor never batted an eye prescribing me subs. I suffer major depression and the chronic pain put me in the hospital for anxiety and depression, so at the time it saved my life not to hurt everyday. But my stress has gone down and I'm ready to get off. But like I said, I'm scared of wd. Please don't get me wrong, my body is definitely dependent and I don't dismiss that addiction is an illness, but I just don't really have an addiction problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:59 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

And yes it's been a crappy cycle. I go 4 days and then just give up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:05 pm 

My suggestion, then, is to consider trying the liquid taper measure or getting 2 mg strips and taking smaller and smaller pieces of it. I totally understand withdrawals being scary. I really think your best bet is to taper down really low before you jump off. There are many threads here of people describing how they did just that. Let us know what you decide to do and we will be with you every step of the way!

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:10 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks Amy. I read the posts, I assume you can do the same with strips? I'm going to start the taper tomorrow. I would appreciate help and encouragement, just to not feel alone :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:11 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

The sooner I'm off this train the sooner I can continue with my life

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:13 pm 

Let us know how it goes every single day so that we can give you that support as you're doing the hard work. Lots of people have tapered and remember what it feels like. You CAN do it too! :)

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Danyellmcc1,

You're not alone in your fear of withdrawl. I think fear of wd is what keeps a lot of opiate addicts from seeking treatment. I know when I faced wd, I was scared shitless. So again, you're not alone!!

Clonidine is the absolute best medication I took during my wd. Clonidine is a blood pressure medication that's prescribed off label for opiate wd. I went into my GP, told him I was done with opiates and asked if he'd help me out with some Clonidine and he did. Please don't confuse Clonidine (a BP med) with Klonopin (a benzo like Valium, Xanax).

Neurontin is another med that has helped many people here. I never took Neurontin during my wd and I really don't know that much about it, but I do know it's helped plenty of folks here a lot.

Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:20 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thank you for your support Romeo. I'm very sensitive to meds, so that's what worries me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You sound like my wife, Danyellmcc1. She's super sensitive to meds too. She can look at a Vicodin and start barfing. I joke with her and tell her what a crappy addict she would make!! LOL

My wife has high blood pressure and she took Clonidine for a time. It didn't seem to "bother" her. Lots and lots of folks from this forum have taken Clonidine for wd and I don't remember any of them saying it "bothered" them? As much as Clonidine helps with wd, I'd say it's worth a shot for you to try it. If it makes you feel crappy, you can always stop.

Good luck!!

Post subject: you can do it
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:53 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

man i love this website, so many people have given you some really suggestions. Ill tell you what, I am on day 8 of sub detox and it hasnt been the best 8 days of my life lol however with the taper that I did i do beleive that it has made it a little easier for me this time I jujmped from 1 mg, last time i jumped from 16 and i can tell a major difference.

I was extremley nervous and scared 9 days ago when i took my last peice. but the thing is that im still rockin on today with some crappy sypmtoms and virtually no sleep. I am a raging addict. you said you are not (point being that my natural impulse is to use any drug for releif and i have been sucsussful so far in not picking up) but physical dependance is a scary thing and i know how you feel. You are doing the right thing by takling about it with people who care as they have awesome things to say.

Just remember that when you do stop, a lot of people have sucsussfully stopped so that means you can to, our brain is a powerful organ that will convince you otherwise, keep posting it is helping me a ton to post and to read everything people here have to say. Thank you