It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: scared
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:05 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Ok i know that i havent been on it for very long, but heres my story.in short, I used heroin and pills from when i was 16 to 19 and i got forced in to rehabilitation by my mom. I stayed clean for 11 months and then relapsed this summer in march, started real slow with hydros here and there and then picked up. I eventually got caught with needles by the cops and went to jail at the end of june and stayed completely clean for the month of july. Then i found out i was getting on the drug court program which helps you stay clean and takes the felony off your record. Well since i knew i would soon be in it, i used as much of this pure heroin that i could get a hold of. Was shooting like 3 points of extremely pure heroin a day and still attending my court ordered outpatient. Eventually they told me i had to go to treatment or get on suboxone, i chose suboxone knowing it was a stupid idea but that rehab would permanantly ruin my financial aid and my job. I have been on suboxone before and i felt like shit for months afterwards. So i have been on subs for nearly 3 weeks and i decided i do not want to take this route. I have not taken anything in 56 hours and i am really terrified not just for the acute withdrawal but for the emotional downer that follows the withdrawal. so my question is do you think it will be that bad since i only used heroin for 2 months and the subs for 3 weeks or is it going to suck. i have been reading about people being on subs for 3 weeks and it being terrible. Btw my doses have ranged 1-8 mg and i have even skipped days. should i be feeling it or what? i had some mild depression and intense sugar/sweets cravings throuhgout the day, and i have been shitting alot, do you think its going to get worse? im truly terrified, the fear is probably worse than whatever i may experience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:56 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

[font=Comic Sans MS]Hi Nerd1211! Welcome to the forum!!! I really am sorry that you got into the situation that you did.
I can totally understand wanting to get off of the suboxone. Here is the problem with ansewring all of
your questions though.
This is such an individualized process for everyone. You may have it real easy coming off of it, and
you may have it rough. There is no clear cut formula for determining how good/bad it will be
for you.
If i may suggest to you, that you read through the "Stopping Suboxone" sections, and the "Bupe in the
Rearview" sections,. There are a lot of stories in there that realate to what you are asking about.
From people who have already been through it. They've documented what they went through'
so it'll give you somewhat of an idea of what to expect.

I am sorry that I don't have more specific advice for you and your situation, but like I said earlier, it is so
individualized. Good luck to you , and feel free to ask as many questions as needed to help you
though making your decision. Take Care~[/font]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

If you're truly terrified, it should be of what your addiction can potentially do to you, not of Suboxone withdrawal. I'm not saying this to be a jerk. I'm an addict, just like you. The fact is 3 weeks ago you were shooting a good deal of heroin. You declined treatment and opted for Sub, and now you want to go off Sub. The question is, what are you going to do for recovery. How are you going to stay clean? When I went off Sub I had all of the qualifications Dr. J recommends: over 35, stable home, job relationship. On Sub over 2 years, attending NA...and I still ended up using. It's REALLY, REALLY hard to stay off opiates. I would suggest staying on Sub a while longer, or seeking treatment, or both. You're going to have some WD either way, so don't think jumping off at 3 weeks is going to avoid it. But IMO Sub withdrawal isn't horrible. It's doable. It's all a matter of what you do AFTER the WD that counts.
Please keep posting,
Lilly