It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Hello
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:34 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I can sympathize with you on being scared. I will send positive thoughts your way although I don't know you. Just forge ahead. Don't think about it. Look who's giving advice. Miss taking extra sub. I wish the best for people like you. I know what you are feeling. I am deathly afraid of w/d. Hey, you pray for me & will pray for you. Let me know what happens. love&hope, queenie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:49 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I guess you've already had your surgery, and I'm sure all is well.

From my own experience, I've been able to switch to pain pills after surgery, and then when I didn't really need them anymore, start back on the Suboxone and Ibuprofen (really underrated for bone, tooth, muscle pain). I know you'll be able to do the same thing. I never told the surgeons about my bupe use, but I definitely told the anesthesiologist, and they didn't bat an eye. I just knew if I told the surgeon they would just have me increase my bupe dose and not give me the proper pain meds- but you're almost maxed out already, so that's not really an option for them.

There's no reason for you to be in any severe pain at any time for any reason, just be honest with yourself when it's time to go back to the bupe. Yeah, that kind of sucks, but you only need to be yawning, watery eyes, raised BP and anxiety (Although I've always said the sicker the better). You're going to be fine! And please come back and tell us how it went.

I think the Physical Therapy is what I'd be worried about - that's gonna be a real bear, but you can do it - I've seen little old ladies do it, I'm going to have it done in a few years and your going to get it done, do your PT and deal with the pain it causes and be better than new in no time at all!

I hope all is going well for you,

J

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:12 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hope all is well. I've been following your thread and I'm praying for you. It's the anticipation that kills me with stuff like this. You almost wish they would knock on your door one day and say "today's the day, let's go". Our minds will drive us crazy thinking about all the worst case scenerio's.

Some of the posts about combining bup and full opiate's for pain managent is very interesting to me. I've heard of people doing that but never heard anything official or scientific. Was wondering if switching to methadose (or methadone) for pain management, then safely switching back to sub, would be beneficial. Some of you with medical experience or more knoweledge on pain management, I would like to hear your thought on that. I see more and more people being treated with methadose than oxy's or dilaudid now a days. Just wondering.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:05 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

FYI Smoothy - Using pain meds and low dose bupe for acute pain in sub patients is actually listed in that NIH article I posted. If you haven't read it, it's a quick, easy read and is good to know in case you ever find yourself needing pain relief. It offers several different ways to treat such acute pain. (Sorry if I'm repeating myself.)

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:50 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hatmaker510 wrote:
FYI Smoothy - Using pain meds and low dose bupe for acute pain in sub patients is actually listed in that NIH article I posted. If you haven't read it, it's a quick, easy read and is good to know in case you ever find yourself needing pain relief. It offers several different ways to treat such acute pain. (Sorry if I'm repeating myself.)

Don't apologize for repeating yourself about it. I think it's a great link and should be "Pinned" at the top of the forum in bold. I wish I would have seen it before having the surgeries (all pretty minor) I've had while on Suboxone

J

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I hope you're ok, rossma, please check in with us when you can :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

FYI - Rossma just updated us under the thread "Thinking about Rossma" (or something like that). Just updated today.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.