It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:35 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Well ok my name is John this is a long story I will try to shorten it up well I been taking suboxone for over a yr 2-3 8mg pills a day it all started with me being addicted to oxys i was taking up to 4 80s a day well I did a 3day detox they were giving me 2mg suboxones 4 times a day and some meds for nerves so i was feeling fine well the day i got out and went home my girlfriend and i were ignorant to all of it and figured i was fixed lol we couldnt of been more wrong well the day after i got out i started to feel ill so called around and was told to get into a program so i did well i was doing my groups and getting my meds doing good well we were living in Baltimore and bmore has a program on every corner so i was good well then we move to the easternshore of Maryland where programs are hard to come by so i had to cop on the streets til i found out the health dept has a program so i get in and i am doing good well i missed 2 groups and they kicked me out no warning or anything just done with me well my Dr was nice he said he would keep giving me my meds til i find a new program oh by the way i kept asking him to wean me off and he would say well if you are feeling good and staying clean he could see me taking suboxone for the rest of my life well that scared me i dont want to depend on meds to get me thru my life well the same Dr out of nowhere cuts me off cold turkey he said he couldnt help me anymore and it took to long for me to find another program so i was on my own again and its a scary thing well that was 4 weeks ago so i been trying to find a place to take me i found one then they said they were full and couldnt help and found another place and got an apt for the 17th of march and they said if they do except me it would be another month from that apt before i get meds so well i been coping off the streets again but subs are hard to find around here and they are expensive so i made the DUMB move of trying dope(RAW) so i been buying subs when i can find them but buying dope to try to make the subs last longer so i dont take a sub evryday ill switch it up to make it all last but its not working i have 1 sub left and broke i bought raw lastnite but it only lasted an hr i dont know i am jusr rambling now but im just scared because i know when this sub is gone the pain starts i lose my mind i start thinking crazy it seems like the withdrawls from suboxones are worse then dope i dont know if i am allowed to talk about dope im just trying to vent and figure something out my gf never did drugs so she doesnt know why i flip when im going thru withdrawls my legs kick i yell at the kids i cant sit still i pace non stop its the only time i cry and thats hard to say but im being real and not holding back because i am bad the last time i wanted to kill myself i just want to be normal and wake up and not have to run to the bathroom or have to take drugs to get thru my day i wanna be a great bf and dad to my kids i am spending to much money and falling right into that dark deep hole again so if you have any info or anything plz respond thank you for taking the time to read all of this and please forgive my misspelling lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:04 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey, sorry you are having such a hard time right now. It can be so friggin hard sometimes, I know! I see what you are saying you want to make your subs last longer, but you could try taking subs every other day or so and see if that will hold ya. I just posted somewhere else a few graphs that another longtime member provided us a little while back. It shows the half life and how you can dose less than every day if need be. I would try to find a doctor thats a little farther away before I went to buying on the streets if I were you (not judging dude, trust me!!). You would save so much money. Maybe traveling is not an option. In that case, it makes it even harder.

naabt.org and suboxone.com are just two of several web sites which will locate/match you with local or not so local doctors. You could always google "suboxone doctor locator" to find more options. I have to drive 125 miles each way for my sub doctor, but it is worth it to me. Think, also if you went to the doctor sooner, you wouldn't have to spend the money on dope and that could go towards the doctor. It just really sucks you have to wait over a month to see a doctor. I wish I could help you more, and if I can please let me know. Check out these graphs and maybe you can save by not taking a sub every day, but every 2-3 days perhaps. Good luck man, and take care!!

Half Life Graph 1: Single 16mg bupe dose half life graph.

Half Life Graph 2: Several doses.

Graph 3: This is an interesting one, comparing once daily, to 'thrice-weekly' dosing.

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." ---Salvador Dali

Post subject: Stay strong
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:00 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I agree with the reply above.
take care of yourself
Does your gf know about the dope?
How is she holding up? and your family? It's really important that they are informed, so that they know how to best handle the situation.
Here if you ever need to vent....we all do sometimes.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:18 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

If you start withdrawal you can go to the ER and they can prescribe you enough for 3 days worth of detox without having taken the courses. You will probably have to get on the suboxone site and dig for that information showing it is legal and bring it with you. If you could get 6-8 pills, that will help tide you over especially if you spread them out a bit. Also, if you don't do the dope, and stick with the suboxone, and let yourself start to withdrawal you could probably go to a lower dose and feel fine. They would likely prescribe you the 2-3 8mg pills you were on anyways and you could get away with maybe 4-6 mg per day.

If that doesn't work....my suggestion is to try not to do any dope. Reason being it makes withdrawal WAY worse and I think it will make you MORE depressed and it is dangerous in terms of overdose and depression. Withdrawal from sub is NOT as bad as dope. And I am not judging you either. Want to be clear on that. I just want you to be ok.

Also...if they won't give you sub in the ER, they will probably give you some ativan and other stuff to help the withdrawal. I know the memory of withdrawal is from dope and that sucks, but sub withdrawal is NOT as bad. The cravings suck but you just don't get as sick as you do with oxy. I jumped off at 12mg per day and it definitely sucked but it was doable whereas I do not think typical withdrawal is doable.

Keep us posted...even if you use the dope. It is better for you to stick around and keep your mind in the right place which is getting through this healthy than to be afraid of mentioning dope and going all the way back into it.