It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: scammed by the sub doc!?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:53 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

how many of you have been truly scammed? and in what way? tell me your story, here's mine

back in mid-march, i was sick of opiates and wanted help, it was the first attempt at professional help. i figured i would have to wait to get into a program, although there are several doctors in my area(about an hour north of philly). so i called an in-city doctor thinking i could get a cheaper price and the first doc i called said there no wait, that they were accepting patients ( i thought this to be strange since heroin is a big time drug in reading,pa where im living) but was relieved and asked to make an appointment. they told me stop using 48 hours prior to coming but they dont do appointments, that its first come first serve and they have 2 doctors. similar to what i assume a methodone clinic is like (never been to one) so i took off work von the next friday, and my last use was 90mg of oxycodone on wed at 11am. i also smoked some weed that night to help relax me as w/d's were starting. at this point in time i wasnt real hard at using, but couldnt go more than 2 days without using(only had to do that when i had no money and dealt with it) but i was only using oxycodone and popping hydros if thats all i could find...my old d.o.c. was opana 40's and i could still get em but they were very expensive. plus withdrawing from them was complete hell! i was so used to using and detoxing from oxycodone that it wasnt all that bad physically,but pure agony mentally. so i suffered thursday and woke up early friday and got there and was the first person! im really excited filling out the tons of paperwork and finally an hour later the doc shows up and i go get my weight, blood pressure and piss test. then they ask me my history and say the doc will be in....waited at least 20 min, then he comes in and tells me that i dont look like im in withdrawl. i explain to him my symptoms and then what he said next made my head spin....he tells me that i have ZERO drugs in my system at that he cant prescribe me suboxone...i said that cant be right ive been using for 4 years and although not EVERYDAY, i still used 90 mg 2 days ago and smoked pot...he said the pot wasnt even in my system that i had a completely clean piss...and that theres a lot of diversion in our city and that i was lying to him! of course i paid 175$ BEFORE i went in and NO REFUND! i was furious, i said this cant be right, he said they did the test twice and if i wanted them to send it to the lab it'd cost me another 300$...i stormed out and never returned...i went from there and was completely hopeless feeling, felt like it was a horrible nightmare....needless to say i relapsed hard that night and got back into heavier using...few weeks later got into heroin for the first time and used a ton of that all summer before finding a REAL doctor to help me in september..

how unreal! what i think was the case was that this place was at its maximum number of patients and to make more money, told the public they were accepting patients, taking their induction money and giving them false reasons on why they couldnt help them and sending them out the door empty. i really wonder how many other people got robbed there and ended up worse than me, not trusting ANY suboxone doctor and staying in active addiction.....crazy unbelieveable!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:15 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wow... be sure to report to the medical board, just in case you are right and it is happening to other people. I have had patients who for whatever reason were not appropriate candidates for Suboxone-- most commonly when people come in and say they don't think they really WANT to go on Suboxone, but someone is making them do it. I give them their money back and tell them to come back if they ever really NEED treatment. If I don't do that, from experience I've found that the person is likely to eventually blame me for getting them 'stuck on Suboxone'!

You should have had your money refunded at minimum. Really-- what 'service' did you receive?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:03 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I was 3 days into hydrocodone withdrawals and desperately seeking Suboxone.. I finally was referred to an OBGYN (Dude did Men's Wellness on the side, including Suboxone Treatment..weird enough, but whatever).. I rushed an appointment the following day (ouch, almost 20 hours away) and saw the Doc around Noon on a Friday... That's when he hit me with the 'that it's probably in my best interest to pay cash instead of billing my insurance.. "You see, billing insurance is a slow & tedious process and happens to cost THREE TIMES AS MUCH as paying in cash... So it's actually only $700 cash instead of your insurance paying $2,350 today.. and who knows if they'll even pay the amount.. you could be out over $1,000 and I'd hate to see that in your condition... So do you have the $700 on you or do you need an ATM or Bank?? There's a bank on the other side of the street if you want to go take care of it so I can start writing your prescription" -- Long story short, guy charges $700 cash on initial appointment, $250 cash on the next 3 follow-up appointments, then, after that, you only see him once a month and it's 'ONLY' $100 per visit... Oh yeah, and you have to use his pharmacy right there in the office.. Yup, you guessed it, if you didn't pay cash then the price is somehow 3x more expensive.. I wonder how many people on here pay in cash/out of network.. Bwwwup!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:38 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

damn, thats very expensive, i do pay cash but not nearly as much,and only for the doctor visits... once i got to my REAL sub doc, he is the best in my area but also the most expensive, but not nearly as much as yours. it was $269 for induction and 79$ each visit after. on the first day i only did the paperwork and piss test and went and got bloodwork for a liver panel went back 2 days later and got first dose, went back then next day got a week script. went back the next week, got a month script and now see him once a month but i can fill my script where-ever i want and my insurance covers the meds with me paying a 45$ copay he wants me on for roughly a year. and im 4 months in. once i get to my last doctor appointment, it is free....thats how my program works

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:43 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hi i am also in reading pa. Could u please private message me? Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:46 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Jackie, don't hold your breath waiting for a PM from him. Reed the date of the post. its over 10 months ago. But then he may just pop in and read it and prove me wrong!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:33 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

its insane to think doctors are the one people in the world that you can trust, but everyone knows the chances of paying first, and then going to see the doc for 5-7 minutes face to face (MAX) and then leave with nothing,..

at first when i started seeing my doctor it seemed weird and i was suprised that the doctors office was a first come first serve basis, even that that dosnt mean if you show up last your not getting your service, just mean your waiting for ever....which the reason i love my office.

the doc usually shows up at 11 but people come and sign in about 8, and the staff there allow you to come at 8, sign in. and then leave and come back when u want, then when u come back later you will be the next to be seen, also if the lobby is packed you can go chill in your car and when its your time they come out and get you from your car.....best doctors office you can get