It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Re: Save for a rainy day
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:35 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Mark!
What a sweetheart, it felt really nice to read your post. Thankyou!
I hope we get to know a little more about you!
Amy, that does sound nerve wracking. I have always struggled with presentations. The fear of is always greater than the event. I know you will do amazing. I like Michelle's suggestion for mirroring. Words should be congruent with body language. It's interesting to watch the silent language of two ppl relating to one another and vice versa. A counselling situation does make you more aware of how we really sell what we are saying.
Mel, there is some hope for a future on subs. My GP told me to keep this quiet, but there is a way to have monthly chemist visits. The process requires passing 4 scheduled urine tests. Then your GP organises an appt to see some guy in coburg, yep some guy who's qualification I can't remember! I'm sure you would need some good clean time up your sleeve to even entertain the idea. I will consider this in a few yrs.
Michelle, I love that you are looking after some hungry felines. I am cat crazy!
My poor cats were confronted with a fox in my bedroom this morning. Its really not as odd as it sounds. It crept through the same window I leave open for the cats and they have lived on the property for yrs. The screech of a fox is quite frightening. Thankfully he found his way out quickly.
I hope everyone is feeling good today!
Xx

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:29 am 

Hi Katipo, Wow, a fox! That is scary! I had a cat door in my bedroom window. It is how I got at least two strays who became pets! I did have a squirrel come in and a wasp that stung me on the hand at 3 o'clock in the morning! But, the worst, one of my cats caught a bird and brought it in! It was still alive, barely, and was flying around in the dining room! It was horrible, blood and feathers everywhere! Now, just two cats who go out on our deck when the weather is nice. No more cat door! Have a wonderful day!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:13 pm 

I just now remembered a dream I had last night. Just a fragment actually. I was at a large estate with many outside cats. They were all decked out with bells and highland looking gear, like the colors of the various clans. I suddenly understood that these cats were such mighty hunters that they had the bells to warn off the songbirds that would otherwise be in major danger.

That's it. A scrap of a weird dream! :)

Amy