It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Salvete!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:17 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

(which is Latin for greeting a group of people. It's also the extent of my Latin. Greetings and such. Hehe)

Anyway, my name is Ami and I've been on Suboxone for about seven months now and for the last two months I've been tapering downwards. I was on 16mgs for most of the five months and then tapered down to 12 and now, recently I've gone down to 6mgs. My d.o.c was perscription pain medication, I was never picky, just anything with an opiate base and I was in addict-Heaven, (or Hell would probably be more accurate). I won't go into too my detail regarding my use and abuse of medications because I'm pretty sure our stories are all pretty similar and familar. I was lucky enough to have gotten on the program through my city's Department of Social and Health Services after only a two-month wait and I got onto the GA-U program which has medicaid which pays for my Suboxone. I will have to re-apply soon though in order to have the means to pay for my perscription during the last months of my taper.

The other patients on Suboxone at the same client as I and myself have had a bit of craziness happen recently. Our wonderful doctor, who was always so nice and caring and professional all of a sudden does not work for the clinic any longer. I showed up one day and the nurse I see all the time informed me of his departure. I heard from others that certain patients, angry for their own problems staying with the programs rules, made some very unsavory and, (I believe), untrue accusations about him. Anyway, he made sure everyone's refills were taken care of until the new doctor could be seen by all of us when our Suboxone needed to be refilled. Normally, he would write me for a 14 day supply with one refill and then see me once a month, but this time I just got the 14 day fill but no refills and I forgot to make an appointment with the new doctor so, (I am out of town currently, visiting my mother, who's also on Suboxone. For pain as well as opiate dependancy), I will do so right away as soon as I arrive home in a few days.

Well, I'm so happy to be a member of this forum. I read it every night and it really does provide heaping helpings of support along with real life groups and N.A meetings and all that. Bless you all!

Love and vale! (vale means goodbye. There's usually a little slash over the 'e' which I can't figure out how to do with this keyboard. lol)

~Ami

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:36 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Welcome skayda -

Thanks for your post, and you are probably where I am heading with suboxone. That is I am just a newbie... started a few days ago, and am working on getting the right dose and stabilized, and meetings, counseling, etc.

Thanks for your input - I for one like to hear from people who have been down the road further than I.

I am enjoying this forum very much. Most of the people who post here are fantastic, honest, and spot on.

Glad you are a part of it, and looking forward to hearing more from you in the future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:06 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

skayda-

Welcome to the site! I am glad to hear you are tapering without any serious problems.Sorry to hear about your doctor problems, but I think there are quite a few people who have had similar experiences.I had to switch doctors during my treatment also- but it was well worth it!!.
Glad to see that you are getting some good information here.The doc loves to know that people enjoy coming here!

I am sure we will talk in the future! Have a great weekend, Shel

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Hi Ami
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:58 pm 
Yep, our stories all kind of intertwine don't they? I switched doctors too. My first one was a complete jackass. Back in April, I found a superstar doc. He's only 38 years old, and is hip to all the latest and greatest recovery news. It's so important to have a doctor that you trust and is easy to talk too. Every time I see him, it's as if I'm his only patient of the day. He's also learning some basic chiropractic moves and adjusted my back last week during my monthly visit!

Anyway - I'm glad you posted. Keep up the good work!

Oh, I'm not a total computer dork, but I think I can help you with the slash over the "e" thing.

Just hold down ALT then 0 2 3 3, release ALT.

-get up, then look up.