It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:52 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I know this post is a bit old, but correct me if I'm wrong here. If the DEA changes buprenorphine to a schedule 2 drug, that will put suboxone into a clinic setting only becauseDATA 2000 says only schedule 3, 4 or 5 drugs that are approved for opiate detox or maintenance can be prescribed in an office setting. Currently this is only suboxone, zubsolv, and generic forms of high dose buprenorphine. So if it's made a schedule 2 it won't qualify under DATA 200 right?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:30 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I am sure the reason your doctor will not see you early is because he won't fill the scrip early but he has no right to say you can't see him earlier and refill on your scheduled day! I have a question, I am paying $200 a month for 90 buprenorphine pills because apparently medicaide won't cover it? Why the hell not? And when I'm getting buprenorphine now in pills again, am I getting the naloxone or whatever that crap is that was in the strips I used to be on with my old doctor?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:37 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

The only way out of this prison seems to be death.[/quote]

This is sad to me Trampy, Is this really how you feel?

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:50 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

A quick update-- several states are adding regulations that will effectively kill the use of Suboxone over time-- by pushing docs away from getting involved, dramatically increasing costs, etc.

Ohio medical board is taking comments until April 16; please consider writing to them, calling, or accessing their web site. Their new rules include ALL patients seen monthly for 18 months; ALL patients in therapy or going to at least 3 step meetings per week, maximum 16 mg dose, all patients having (and paying for) drug testing at least monthly for 18 months...

Does forced therapy do anything positive?
Some patients do very well from day one-- is it right to require therapy in order to access a medication?

They are upset over diversion--- But the pain pills and heroin are killing people, not diverted Suboxone. Yet there are NO similar requirements for people on opioid agonists.

Twisted.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:17 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Great so all the advice to "stay on it forever" by many doctors who then shun your request for a taper every time keeping you on ultra high dosages was all just in vain and now all of us junky scum as they like to think of us will just have our medications ripped away from us cold turkey from a high dose at any random time they feel like it? So what were just fucked now after we spent thousands and thousands upon thousands of dollars? Not gonna lie this post makes me wanna throw my lap top through my god damned window. Yeaaaah now I get to worry some more ulcers into my stomach over this stupid medication thats caused me more mental anguish more than anything postiive.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:59 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

It is this shaky legal status with bupe that has me highly motivated to get off. I see the writing on the wall literally and figuratively at my doctors office. The pharmacists are all getting squirrelly. I just want to be on the lowest amount possible so that when the rug is pulled out from under me, I might survive.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:35 am 
New Poster
New Poster

You know I have been in sub treatment for 10 months. My doc sees me monthy. The thing I can't stand about these doctors are they Mostly seem to not care about our recovery. I've seen my husband go through this before I ended up in same position because of an injury lead to herion addiction. We both experienced crazy things with doctors. He has had a few and This is my only one. Anyways first off most only take cash payments, don't accept insurance, and only meet with u for 10 mins Max. My doctor isn't too bad and generally I do like him. But he is very strict which is fine but after being with him for 10 months he still treats me like a lying addict. I am always clean, never short on meds, and always keep my appointments. Well recently I came into a financial problem where I had to get my car repaired so it was a unseen expense. This happened on Friday before my Monday appointment. So on Monday I call to see if I can reschedule to next Monday and keep in mind I'll still have meds left. I just need the week to work to make the money for my appointment. Since I'm a server I can make cash quickly. The problem is I am told well he won't be in office after the 5th and won't be returning until the 24th. So he will not subscribe me medicine unless I find a way to come out there today with 200 dollars because he is going on vacation and he claims the DEA has a law he has to see me every 30 days to send me a script. Well I got real up set and opened up about how I understand that people may lie bout missing appointments but since in the 10 months I have never done that couldn't you have the decently to treat me like your patient. We addicts shouldn't be all treated as lying scum who don't want to get clean. That's what gets me the most about this whole system. Now because my doctor don't trust me I guess and that since he is going on vacation he will just avoid his job of treating me because I can't see him in the one day he provided me with so therefore I can come in when he gets back but him knowing I run out of meds on the 12th. No he won't send me in a script to just cover those days until the 24.. it's his rules. How dare I come into a financial situation and not be able to pay on the day he wanted. He def can't not go on vacation thou. Which mind u he does this alot with vacations. But like I previously said I've been the ideal pateint until now. And I have made his tight scheduling work for my life. It saddens me that there is no concern for my care at this point. I am in the wrong. And unfortunately I'm sure addicts that he treats currently or in passed ruin this from trying to skip out on appointments bc of drug use or whatever it maybe. But don't you think a doctor should make these decisions on a per person situation? I will find out today here soon if he will call it in until I go in on the 24th bc the nurse said she would try to talk to him for me. I let her hear my opinions and let it all out and how I felt it was wrong of him to just brush me aside bc of ONE unfortunate event. How to u all feel about this and do u seem to notice that they don't care? Oh and haven't you noticed when looking for a doc you pull up about 25 numbers and only less than half are still in service?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:36 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Sicklife wrote:
You know I have been in sub treatment for 10 months. My doc sees me monthy. The thing I can't stand about these doctors are they Mostly seem to not care about our recovery. I've seen my husband go through this before I ended up in same position because of an injury lead to herion addiction. We both experienced crazy things with doctors. He has had a few and This is my only one. Anyways first off most only take cash payments, don't accept insurance, and only meet with u for 10 mins Max. My doctor isn't too bad and generally I do like him. But he is very strict which is fine but after being with him for 10 months he still treats me like a lying addict. I am always clean, never short on meds, and always keep my appointments. Well recently I came into a financial problem where I had to get my car repaired so it was a unseen expense. This happened on Friday before my Monday appointment. So on Monday I call to see if I can reschedule to next Monday and keep in mind I'll still have meds left. I just need the week to work to make the money for my appointment. Since I'm a server I can make cash quickly. The problem is I am told well he won't be in office after the 5th and won't be returning until the 24th. So he will not subscribe me medicine unless I find a way to come out there today with 200 dollars because he is going on vacation and he claims the DEA has a law he has to see me every 30 days to send me a script. Well I got real up set and opened up about how I understand that people may lie bout missing appointments but since in the 10 months I have never done that couldn't you have the decently to treat me like your patient. We addicts shouldn't be all treated as lying scum who don't want to get clean. That's what gets me the most about this whole system. Now because my doctor don't trust me I guess and that since he is going on vacation he will just avoid his job of treating me because I can't see him in the one day he provided me with so therefore I can come in when he gets back but him knowing I run out of meds on the 12th. No he won't send me in a script to just cover those days until the 24.. it's his rules. How dare I come into a financial situation and not be able to pay on the day he wanted. He def can't not go on vacation thou. Which mind u he does this alot with vacations. But like I previously said I've been the ideal pateint until now. And I have made his tight scheduling work for my life. It saddens me that there is no concern for my care at this point. I am in the wrong. And unfortunately I'm sure addicts that he treats currently or in passed ruin this from trying to skip out on appointments bc of drug use or whatever it maybe. But don't you think a doctor should make these decisions on a per person situation? I will find out today here soon if he will call it in until I go in on the 24th bc the nurse said she would try to talk to him for me. I let her hear my opinions and let it all out and how I felt it was wrong of him to just brush me aside bc of ONE unfortunate event. How to u all feel about this and do u seem to notice that they don't care? Oh and haven't you noticed when looking for a doc you pull up about 25 numbers and only less than half are still in service?

every dr. i've contacted had a valid #. so how did your situation work out? did you explain it was for financial reasons?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:27 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The doctors who care either 1) have a after-hours call service to page them in cases of real emergency (as this would be), or 2) they give their clientele the direct cell phone number. Granted, I don't think many doctors give our their personal (or call it "family") cell phone, but they have what we would call a burner phone for their patients to call after hours, and then they have their actual family-private cell phone which is for their personal life. It's so easy now to just get a different phone only in cases of phone calls/voicemails....most doctors don't mind the extra +/-$50 per month to give their patients access to decent care if the real emergencies arise.

Any doctor who would not do something so blatantly clear to be helpful ...would no longer be my doctor.
I've been a patient of the same doctor for 5 years now. I've had to call in ONCE, back in 2014 to get meds refilled early because of a vacation, but not anything since that date. No early appt...no missed appt...no failed UA's...nothing. Not a blemish. And if something came up and I couldn't make it because of whatever reason, then I would expect decent treatment. Call me in a week's worth, let me come in and pay when I could...whatever.... I don't expect to be told "tough shit, deal with it"..
I had invested heavily in staying in the same doctor's office and seeing the same doctor, just like she's invested heavily in providing me many months of care without any extra worry...no extra notes in my file, no extra time spent at appts because I messed up...
so I'm not expecting too much to be treated humanely ...
I hope nothing ever arises that i need to call upon my doctor in this capacity, but if it does, I hope I can say that things went great.

and if I were in your shoes, I would essentially "fire" this doctor and find one that cared about more than dead presidents. It's pretty clear if the doctor takes multiple week vacations every 4-5 months that his care begins and ends at the entrance/exit of his office.
And unlike most, he's only a doctor when he's got to be, and that's during business hours.
Sounds more like a money laundering service instead of a doctors office.
Sounds pretty bad, but these doctors who are on this board spend countless hours helping people who don't even pay them, aside from the time they spend helping their actual patients that they take care of.
Both of our doctors who are on this site are great examples of what a real doctor should be...they actually care about the person, not the profit they receive from the person.

I'd be willing to bet they've both seen a few patients and either cut the fee or completely wiped it out, in one way or another. Obviously everyone can't get that but there are a few exceptions...and whether they can publicly say that or not...well I can't be for sure...but like I said....I bet it's the truth.

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.