It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 3:04 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

If I am not wrong, it is 4mgs.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 3:46 pm 

Ive always believed it to be at 4mgs, at least for me. It can e higher in some people. ..

Also, I was poring over Dr Junigs Talkzone lastnight looking at examples an information with Blus issue. Some of these blogs go back to 2008.
Folks, i can not stress strongly enough to read these. Every question you may have are on these pages. I started at page 141. It runs all the way to last month!!

Hit Talkzone at the top of the forum and read away.....just a suggestion. ..

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 4:42 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Razor,
Did I give Blue some bad advice? I haven't read Dr. Junics posts, but I will. I have just been giving him my personal experience with Methadone.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 4:43 pm 

bluetang60 wrote:
Forgive my ignorance but what exactly is ceiling dose?

Dr. Junig writes many articles and posts them in Talk Zone. There is a Talk Zone tab at the top of forum page to access his articles.

This is how he explains ceiling effect:

http://suboxonetalkzone.com/ceilings/

Hope this helps!

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 5:21 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Amy,
So what I am reading into that is 8mgs is pretty much the ceiling dose instead of 4 mgs?
Say a person takes 8 mgs and 4 or 6 hrs later, the pain comes back, the subs won't help the pain because of the ceiling affect of Subs is already there for at least 24 hrs. from the original 8 mg dose. It would just be a placebo affect.
OR,
If say you take another 4mgs after the 4 or 6 hrs, it will help the pain? That is a total of 12 mgs for the day. 4mgs over the ceiling affect for 24 hrs. Does this sound like a stupid question?
I know if I split my dose( normally I take 1 or 2mgs) 2 or 3 times a day. Just when my pain kicks up. Sounds to me that splitting it up is just a mental thing then if 8mgs should last you all day. Because by splitting 1 to 2mgs, I am under the ceiling affect already which leads me to have to dose again because being below the ceiling affect is causing the pain in the first place. Am I correct?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:59 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Razor, you didn't give me any bad advice, I just read your comment or would have responded sooner, not sure how I missed it, man im extremely grateful for everyones posts,commentsand advice or here.

Hey group, Im a little concerned here actually very concerned. I am going on day 4 now zero methadone and haven't even had to take a morphine pill in 2 days now and I feel fine. I googled how long before methadone wds starts last night and I read a few posts that said depending on how much is in your system and your size that it could be anywhere from 5 to 8 days. Im 6ft 230 so im sure I have that mess stored pretty good in my body. I cant imagine going another 4 days not knowing and wondering when its going to sneak up and hit me, personally I think its a little scary. I was getting so freaked out reading about people WD's symptons that I just put my phone down. Don't get me wrong, I have Gabapentin, Klonopin, some Xanax and of course the over the counter meds so im ready but this not knowing mess is killing me. I am just repeating myself now but you guys get my point. Hell I thought I would be starting induction today or maybe tomorrow but the way Im feeling it could be Friday. Time to start reading Dr junig blogs like you guys have been suggesting since day one.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:53 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Does anyone know this girl, hell our situations couldn't be anymore similar, sorry guys wish I would have done like all said and went to talkzone and searched for peoples stories sooner, this is huge. she has a pretty cool story but I only copied and pasted a short bit.

chinagirl

Post subject:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:41 pm

Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

It is now four hours since my last 2mg and I just took another 4mg (my dr called me and said to, he didn't want me to "get behind") and I will take another 2 later tonight.
Tomorrow I am supposed to add the total of these 24 hours and start with that dose. I see him in afternoon.
So far so good, except my parotid glands hurt massively when I eat anything sour (all I can eat are popsicles right now and I love the fruit lime ones) otherwise most symptoms are gone but I do not feel normal for sure yet. I know it might take longer after being on methadone.
Ok, I'll check in tomorrow with ya.

So anyone on methadone.....it wasn't that bad at all for me and I jumped from 75mg and waited 6 kinda long days to start sub using a couple of vics to help the symptoms(okd by my dr. I don't do anything without that ok) and then stayed off vic for 18 hours on day 6 without methadone and inducted myself.

not sure if this will work or not but here is her full story, its only one page, not too much to read
http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=2 ... ght=#21254

If I could only be as lucky

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:14 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Well, Methadone definately get's stored up in a persons fat cells. I am not saying your fat lardass! lol
Give it time friend. You don't want to jump the gun. You were on a pretty high dose of Methadone. Peoples metabolisms are very different. I spilt coffee on my keyboard and it is working kind of slow this morning. I am glad I don't drink coffee with cream and sugar! lol (which I did when I was on Methadone). Don't freak out on us just yet! lol

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:17 am 

Morning Blue and Happy, i see your on line here. Happy, you do have a experience many do not have. And that is switching from methadone to sub. You cant beat that..so, heavens no, I think it is great you can share anything to help Blue. You ve been a positive newer member here and glad your aboard! ! Ive never done a switch. But I do follow founder Dr Junig with anything that is Buprenorphine related. My recovery useing suboxone completely changed when I found this site. It really cuts the "crap" so to speak. Lol..So, I like for anyone who is on this med or thinking about it to educate themselves. Im still learning myself. .That is my point..

The ceiling, and with pain, ?..All I can tella there is read some of the Ceiling Effect posts in tne Zone..For me, and others it seems, below 4mgs you may start to feel cravings. Or mild wd simptoms. .again, that number can move around from person to person. ..

Blue...you have a fairly large of methadone to work though. The key word you have read over an over man is..time.!

I would suggest not reading anymore horror stories.ha..your slowly removing the methadone. Like a turtle. I reread a chapter in dr j s Users Guide that said useing a short acting opiate is the way to go IF you cant taper off methadone. He also says the best way is to taper at the Program. .that didnt happen,so you are doing the next best thing. Your doing well Blue. Only use the Morphine when you feel wd to kill the wd. That is my suggestion. This is going to drag out awhile imo. Hang on, and try not to drive yourself to crazy , lol, ya,easy for me to say huh?..we're all here for you.

Razor...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:41 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Thanks razor for your kind words! It makes me feel good inside if I can even help one person. My 16 year addiction is nothing to brag about, that is for sure. But I never had a website or people to talk to when I was addicted. I have done all this on my own, but I never gave up on myself. Suboxone has saved me from the horrors of, jail. OD's, and a lot of other personal problems. I have always been able to support my habit and sometimes having enough money is worse. You keep going higher and higher on your buzz and also having access to opiates makes it easier.
Blue, You know I am kidding about the Lardass thing! lol As Razor said giving it time. It will come just be thankful you laying there puking your guts out. I don't think that is gonna happen. You are pretty prepared for this mentally and that is 80% of the battle with any opiate. I feel that you really want this or I wouldn't be putting so much effort in helping you. Some people come on here and make one post and we never hear from them again. That gets really aggravating let me tell you. Some come on here just to complain and some come on here to just flat out brag. And some come on here to just troll and make things difficult for everyone. I feel you are an honest man and have good intentions to make your life better.
So about your condition, the waiting is the hardest part mentally. Just be prepared and think about that little girl you got to keep your mind off of it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:06 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

it takes more than that to offend me happy lol, besides I have an athletic build, that's what got me taking pain pills in the first place , injuries from football and weightlifting.

Good call Razor, I have defintiley stayed away from that website bluelight or whatever its called, that's where I read all the horror stories and Happy has been nothing but great he PM's daily and reminding me whats at stake here and giving me nothing but good advice, like everyone I have met here hes def in my corner.

4 days after my last dose and still constipated from the methadone, might be a little TMI but that's how I know the shits still in me, pun intended. My back was killing me this morning so I took a morphine but that's it, nothing else.I am using them very sparingly.

I just want to add that you guys have some good informative doctors, me not so much...He has told me nothing as far as how to take my dose or anything, all he did was prescribe me 2 8mg suboxone a day telling me to take one in the morning and other night and from the way it sounds a lot of people break up their dose and take a lot less, why in the hell do I need to be on 16mgs a day? wouldn't that just make it harder for me to come off of when ready?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:23 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

My Dr. told me it pretty much saves on the paperwork and the phone calls of patients complaining they aren't getting enough medication. It also helps with the mental part of this and at the next appt, the patient should communicate with the Dr. and then they both should make the decision about what to do next. But of course some Dr's could care less. There are good Dr's and bad Dr's just like anything else. Communication is the key when it comes to this. This is pretty new to a lot of Dr's. They only are required to take an 8 hr course to be certified. Personally, that is not enough time to deal with this type of medication.
Hope this helps

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:40 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

arnt you a plethora of info, second what the hell is 8hrs going to tell someone about a condition we have dealing w our whole lives or at least half anway...HOGWASH!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:27 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Exactly my friend! So sometimes you have to give Dr's some slack. It's not their fault. It's just another drug they are aloud to prescribe. So maybe you can help bring you own Dr. up to speed if he will listen to you and help someone else down the line just like we are trying to help you on here. What comes around, goes around! lol It sounds like he doesn't have a whole lot of knowledge by just prescribing you Subs after a 150mgs a day of Methadone. But he does need to know the truth of how this all works.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:19 am 

China Girl is most likely long gone, but you can PM her just to see if she answers.

Amy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:13 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I am bumping this to the top again so people will read this thread.
Anyone with experience with Methadone, please put your 2 cents in please and tell your experience with it.
Thanks, Happy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:43 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

bluetang60 wrote:
I know everyone is different, but like Happy said he got down to 20mgs and only had to wait 12 hrs, that's awesome,that I could do. Ijust figured whats the difference between withdrawing from 100mg or 30mgs but I am seeing that now, the wait time. Tiki your absolutely right if I don't do this right and have a bad experience Im just going to have a bad taste in my mouth about it and not want to do it again.
I think I am better off using the morphine for a few days to get some of the methadone out of my system, like I said yesterday, I don't get high from it so its not like Ill abuse it, if I go and swap out my script its hard to say what will happen. thoughts?

I don't think the diff between WD's from dropping from 100mg or 30mg is JUST the wait time...one also has to consider that the highest dose of bupe is equal to about 30 mg of methadone....so even if you get thru the wait time after being on 100mg of M, you will now be feeling as if you are only on 30mgs - maybe you won't be sick, but I doubt you will be feeling very pleasant. That's the way I understand it, anyway. And I am probably right. Dang. I hate being right all the time.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:10 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Laffertyk wrote:
bluetang60 wrote:
I know everyone is different, but like Happy said he got down to 20mgs and only had to wait 12 hrs, that's awesome,that I could do. Ijust figured whats the difference between withdrawing from 100mg or 30mgs but I am seeing that now, the wait time. Tiki your absolutely right if I don't do this right and have a bad experience Im just going to have a bad taste in my mouth about it and not want to do it again.
I think I am better off using the morphine for a few days to get some of the methadone out of my system, like I said yesterday, I don't get high from it so its not like Ill abuse it, if I go and swap out my script its hard to say what will happen. thoughts?

I don't think the diff between WD's from dropping from 100mg or 30mg is JUST the wait time...one also has to consider that the highest dose of bupe is equal to about 30 mg of methadone....so even if you get thru the wait time after being on 100mg of M, you will now be feeling as if you are only on 30mgs - maybe you won't be sick, but I doubt you will be feeling very pleasant. That's the way I understand it, anyway. And I am probably right. Dang. I hate being right all the time.

What exactly is the "wait time", exactly. Different for everyone. Understanding it and experiencing it are 2 extremely different things.Good Luck!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:28 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I was hoping there would be some other Methadone users that made the switch, would give their experience, that would help ease Laugh and Blues mind besides just my opinion. I know they are out there somewhere.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:38 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey there Mr. Blue,
What happened to you?
I believe there are some people that would like to know how you are doing with the Methadone and Suboxone issues. (I know we have a Dr./patient confidentiality agreement) So I can't divulge any information on the status of your progress without written authorization from you, the patient. lol
So please update the other members of this forum if you wouldn't mind.
Thank you,
Happy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next