It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 9:29 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Happy what led you to think I was a she? LOL Im a he but no worries its the first thing that made me laugh this morning.

Back to the miserableness, I didn't mean to disappear off the face of the earth yesterday but after 3 I normally leave work and that's it for as far as getting online aside from my phone or laptop at the house. Well sadly enough to report I haven't made any progress, I took 50 mgs yesterday that I got my hands on and this morning I took a morphine 30mg that I had. Aside from the physical aspect of withdrawals, its the mental part that fucks w me most, its almost embedded in my head if I don't take a pill the morning I wake up that I cant function that day and I just stay depressed. I never realized how weak I was until this, I wish there was an easier way to do this other then going into a condition we all dread before starting this life changing med. Sorry to let you guys down, thank you for the wise words Tiki, that was a reality check.
BTW how do I PM someone on here Happy? I hit the PM button and nothing happened I was waiting for a little chat box to appear. I have been in rehab 3x but I wasn't ready and now that Im ready that isn't an option for me any longer, I need to figure out a way to do this, plain and simple and it sounds like everyone on here agrees I need to taper down before I induct. Maybe that's what I will do. Again, you guys are nothing but amazing, thank you again!

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 9:56 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I am, is that what you mean

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 10:12 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I know everyone is different, but like Happy said he got down to 20mgs and only had to wait 12 hrs, that's awesome,that I could do. Ijust figured whats the difference between withdrawing from 100mg or 30mgs but I am seeing that now, the wait time. Tiki your absolutely right if I don't do this right and have a bad experience Im just going to have a bad taste in my mouth about it and not want to do it again.
I think I am better off using the morphine for a few days to get some of the methadone out of my system, like I said yesterday, I don't get high from it so its not like Ill abuse it, if I go and swap out my script its hard to say what will happen. thoughts?

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 10:16 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I think the Morphine would be your best bet for now and then try it again. The half-life of Methadone is the main problem. It hangs around forever. You have got to quit trolling the Methadone clinic! lol

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 10:24 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Another thing that helped me was I stopped dosing in the morning. That was a hard habit to break. Hell, I know people who sleep with a Suboxone under their pillow! lol No shit!

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 10:33 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

That's genius Happy, your full of good ideas. I plan on taking 2 morphine a day, one mid day and one at late evening just for next couple of days, if I succeed at that it will show me I can go a day w out methadone and I don't need to take something as soon as I wake up. babysteps

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 10:46 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I just wanted to add one thing, if anyone has asked me something and I didn't answer please just ask me again, I wasn't ignoring or sidestepping anyone Im just a little knew to this forum and learning the layout not to mention I have a bit on my mind, Im an open book, ask away...

Post subject: Baby Steps....
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 10:09 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Well guys, some of you might look at this as zero progress others might see it as a very very small step forward. I made it through my first day w zero methadone HOWEVER I did take 2 morphine 30mg. my way might be a little on the unorthodox side but I really want to do this. Hopefully I can do this for the next 3 days totaling 4 days w no methadone then go a day or two w no morphine and start my induction.

Razor I read the article on "PW's now what" and im a little confused to one part or maybe I read wrong, but I thought I read if I go into PWs off of 4 mgs that I need to take the total 8mg immediately, wouldn't that just cause me to stay in PWs even longer? Great article BTW though.

The more I research induction the more horror stories I read about people starting induction too early and getting violently sick. Little intimidating but I guess they just want everyone to be at the right point, and I know I keep mentioning days above but I stil plan on going by the COWS chart.

Thank you guys for all the PM's and you know who you are, I never would have guessed I would have signed up for this forum and received this type of support so fast, this says multitudes about you guys.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 1:30 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey Blueman,
I am glad to see you made it through a day without the Methadone! lol Now 4 or 5 more days like that and you are on your way to switching. Just remember to use the Morphine wisely and take only what you need to cope. I truly believe using the Morphine this way is gonna help you in the end. If you weren't on such a high dose of Methadone things would be different. But, it is what it is! lol
And you aren't making a step backwards at all. You are making progress, that's for sure. Just don't troll the Methadone clinic anymore! Ok? lol Get that shit out of your system! You have a beautiful little girl to think about! Let her be your motivation!
You are doing great!
Happy

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 2:47 pm 

Absolutely, as Happy said Blue. Your doing fine. Just stretch thoses 30s out the next several days and see wnere yojr at.
Also, go back and reread the blog post. The sixth paragraph. There many others too..

Maybe pick up "The users Guide to Suboxone " Dr J wrote it a few years back. You can find it in the Play Store. For a few small dollars it is worth it. (4).. I refer to it when I need a factoid..just a suggestion. .

Hang in there Blue

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 2:49 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I'm doing exactly as we discussed, only taking as I need it. I can handle some of the paws symptoms ( thanks razor for clarifying) such as sweats, runs ,etc but once my lower back starts hurting that's when I struggle and it's the only time I take a morphine. I know its only 235 my time but have only taken one today. Going to do my best to get through the day w just taking one as well.
No worries on trolling methadone clinic lol. I still have 12 methadone pills here that was holding onto to that I'm yet to touch so I'll be good. Some might say thats just more temptation but not to me, people or I alwasy want what they don't have so if know it's there if I truly needed it I'd be better off then not having anything at all. Just a crazy way my mind works. Speaking of my daughter , I have her first recital tonight so looking forward to that and believe it or not I'm feeling OK. Like u said I don't really expect to be feeling like death until Sunday or even Monday since I had so much in my system. Thanks for the encouraging words Happy and Razor

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 2:22 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Listen to me Blue!!!
Give those pills to "you know who" that we discussed in the PM's. "Out of sight, out of mind"!!! That is my philosophy about this. You will still know you have them. Just not in "arms reach" if you know what I mean! You will end up taking them and that is not what you need to do right now. You are doing good and I hope you haven't already taken some. It's 2:00 AM in the morning! I am usually in bed by 9:00 PM. I'm old, remember! lol I had to come and check to see if you reported in to us and told us how the recital went and if you made it through the day without Methadone.
I hope everything went great for you this evening. I am going to bed now. There is a damn whipperwill, "whipperwilling" to beat the band in a tree here in the yard. Why in hell do they have to do that in the middle of the night? Don't they ever sleep? lol
Now it's even closer and louder! It's time to get the shotgun out! You know how us Americans are. We have a gun behind every blade of grass! And we love to use them! lol
Uh... I am only gonna scare it off! lol
Later dude

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 12:05 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

All is good, 2 days down going on 3rd, good call I will hand over that mess today. Sounds like u and I had a similar experience last night but mine involved an armadillo and a 22, lthat has been tearing up my yard.it was dark though I think I missed.
Anyway I am seriously concerned about something, I was laying in bed last night just reading different topics and stories and came across a girl who's name was maybe Karen? Not sure it was late and I was drowsy but this girl went from 200 mg of methadone tried waiting 5 days said she was in wd and started subs and got sick as hell.....does any of this ring a bell to anyone here, I was going to wake up and ask everyone if they knew this girl but I can't find the post I visited. I was on my phone so hard to look back and see where I was looking.

Aside from that I'm doing good, only took one morphine yesterday and did great and recital was awesome, thanks for asking Happy. I'm going to keep looking for that post I know I'm not crazy nor was I dreaming. Oh what's a whipperwill lol?

Blue

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 12:18 pm 

I'm sorry bluetango, but that person doesn't ring a bell.

Amy

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 12:33 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I just went through all the history on my phone and I couldn't find it, maybe I was dreaming, thanks Amy!

Can someone put this in laymans terms for me or explain a little better, I found it last night.

Sub only has up to the agonist effect of 30 mg of methadone before the ceiling effect kicks in, so this will make your switch easier.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 2:18 pm 

bluetang60 wrote:
I just went through all the history on my phone and I couldn't find it, maybe I was dreaming, thanks Amy!

Can someone put this in laymans terms for me or explain a little better, I found it last night.

Sub only has up to the agonist effect of 30 mg of methadone before the ceiling effect kicks in, so this will make your switch easier.

Hmmm... I'm not sure I totally understand either. The first part is that sub is a partial agonist so its effects aren't going to go past a certain point in comparison to methadone. To me, that's more of an explanation about why sub is not going to make an opiate tolerant person high. I.e. no matter how much sub you take when you switch over, it will not make you high.

What I'm not sure about is why this would make your switch easier. What makes your switch easier is when you taper down your methadone dose or, like you're doing, switch to a short acting medication like morphine until the methadone is out of your system.

I'm sorry I couldn't really explain the whole thing. Anyone who knows more about will answer it better.

Amy

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 2:29 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Amy,
I have a question for you.
Say you take your ceiling dose and you are still experiencing pain, and you take more suboxone to get rid of the pain. Then the pain is gone. Is it mentally or did the Subs actually alleviate the pain by taking more?

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 2:38 pm 

Getting pain relief from buprenorphine is not totally straight forward. The analgesic (pain relief) effect from bupe only lasts for 4 to 6 hours. If you're taking one dose every 24 hours, the pain relief is not going to last the entire time. The best dosing for chronic pain is to take 1/4 of your complete dose every 6 hours or so. (Dr. Junig thinks that this is because bupe is acting on other receptors besides just our opiate receptors.)

So, Happy, if you haven't taken a dose in over 6 hours and then you take more, it is not your imagination if you feel more pain relief. But it's not necessary to take more beyond your dose. Just split them up throughout the day.

Amy

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 2:58 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I pretty much try to stay at 4mgs a day and I do split it up at least 2 times a day and up to 4 times a day. But I will go sometimes till 2 or 3:00 in the day before I take my first dose. depends on if I think to take it. If I don't have pain, I don't think to take it early in the day.
Thanks, I was just wondering if taking over the ceiling dose would give a person more pain relief if needed. Let's just say maybe 12mgs because I think that is why some people are on or want to take more thinking mentally it is helping their pain. Kinda the placebo affect if you know what I mean.
Or is it plausible to take 4mgs 4xs a day?

Last edited by happyg1961 on Sun May 31, 2015 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 3:02 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Forgive my ignorance but what exactly is ceiling dose?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next