It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:28 am



All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Our Sponsors





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: sad
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:13 pm 
So... No one has had success getting BMT behind them? Looks like this site has been up for a few yrs at least. I find this rather amazing. No time now but i will put my story up.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:23 pm 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:55 pm
Posts: 4933
Location: Leesburg, FL
This category/topic was just added a couple of weeks ago.

_________________
-As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:37 pm 
This is a brand new category. Honestly, im not in any position for "bupe in the rearview". My life is on track and im planning out my future finacially etc. Bupe is allowing me to do so. Once i get where i wanna be in life, then i will consider my options. But at this time, bupe in the rearview is not whats best for me.


Top
  
 
Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:30 pm 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:39 am
Posts: 4028
Location: Sitting at my computer
Tomorrow is my 6 month birthday! No sub for 6 months. I quit cold turkey.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:36 pm 
I dont know why but I find this post condescending. Its almost as if the originial poster is calling us on bupe pathetic or "sad" as he put it and he is somehow better because he's stopped bupe.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:12 am 
suboxOWNED wrote:
I don't know why but I find this post condescending. Its almost as if the originial poster is calling us on bupe pathetic or "sad" as he put it and he is somehow better because he's stopped bupe.


WOW... you guys are so touchy... always read more into it. I didn't know it was so new of a topic.

But MAN... why so touchy. IS this forum just about doing sub or recovery. I think I am at the wrong web site.

I have had my time on sub and it OK SUBoxown. Jesus. I Just know this site had been around for a while..

So damn touchy. Every thing I say get pick apart. HEll the Sub bashing site were easier.

Maybe my age but hell. I will leave this ... not worth all the tender foots. :o :o :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :!:


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:39 am 
Romeo wrote:
Tomorrow is my 6 month birthday! No sub for 6 months. I quit cold turkey.


CONGRATS!!!! wow.. cold turkey. well, not sure what that means though. Do you mean from high doses?

I dont regret my time on sub.. I sorta do with meth though. and Happy Bday to you.. I really should keep up with time but I have sorta stop counting.. I do count the yrs though.. Good to know that folks do this with sucess. I was thinking I was the only one that failed after my sub tx. I see that its not true but.. did feel that way to me in the beginning.

again HAPPY B=DAY


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:41 am 
hatmaker510 wrote:
This category/topic was just added a couple of weeks ago.


Thanks hat... I should of realize this.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:07 pm 
Capt. dont you notice that other people talk about getting off suboxone and how they feel much better now that they are off it and dont get their posts picked apart? Its because they dont do it in a back handed way always dropping little negative hints in every post. There are thousands of members on this site and you seem to be the only one who gets there posts analyzed, that isnt a coincidence.


Top
  
 
   
 Post subject: Capt has sunk his ship
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:42 pm 
Offline
One Month or More
One Month or More

Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:59 pm
Posts: 38
:lol: Have a safe trip!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: picked
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:40 am 
Offline
Average Poster
Average Poster

Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 2:31 am
Posts: 13
You only get your post picked apart if you knock sub or complain about side effects...it happens here all the time


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: sad
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:18 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster

Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:29 am
Posts: 58
capt wrote:
So... No one has had success getting BMT behind them? Looks like this site has been up for a few yrs at least. I find this rather amazing. No time now but i will put my story up.


I just woke up, having some coffee and looking at some threads....I really don't get these types of addicts; I don't get why they feel so compelled to spread their negativity, and why since something didn't work out for them a certain way... and then they read some other dickweed had a similar experience...and then feel they need to spread their message.

I have been reflecting over suboxone internet forums over winter break and have come to the conclusion that there are way more positive experiences than there are negative one's when someone treated their addiction the right way, or even a half-assed way as long as they took the necessary and positive key steps, which we all know.

The people who have failed or can never find peace have other issues, can't stress that enough. They have deep mental issues that dig and delve way deeper than other addicts. They could have failed with their careers, be rejects, cowards (losers), never lived up to their potential, have other substance issues, body issues...etc...I could go on and on.

I have been relatively successful with my sub treatment because I have made jurastic changes in my life. I went back to college a few years ago and recently got in to a university w/ a good reputation. I will shortly finish a 4-year degree in biochem, which will open doors to many professional programs in the health care field or get into other masters programs that could pave a rewarding career in biotechnology etc.

I still am in my mid-twenties and got my shit together at the nick of time, all because of Suboxone. The only thing I struggle with is coming to terms with when to get off Sub. I made some mistakes with spiking doses and not paying attention to my addiction because I was consumed by school. I am trying to stabilize on 1mg right now and I know once I am ready I will not miss one second of sleep and will not over-think anything. Why, because I will be busy being active...living life...etc. People forget if you sit on your ass and do nothing, you will feel like shit.

Moving on, I notice that the most successful sub patients are the one's who used narcotics for pain relief while in active addiction, and is much more difficult for others who have self-medicated psychological disorders with full agonsists or used recreationally at first and just got "caught up," I fall under the latter category.

Didn't mean for this to be so long and the well known point I want to make is everyone is unique and not to get discouraged when you read something that scares you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:36 pm 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:55 pm
Posts: 4933
Location: Leesburg, FL
Thanks for sharing that with us, Mike T. I agree with what you've just said. And I want to congratulate you on your current success. Getting that degree is really something to be proud of. It's something that no matter what happens, it can never be taken away from you. At least that's how I see it. So give yourself a pat on the back. I'm really happy that you (with the help of sub it sounds like) are doing so very well.

_________________
-As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.


Top
 Profile  
 
   
 Post subject: Ditto!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:14 pm 
Offline
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 10:02 am
Posts: 308
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Hey Mike....
Great post and I agree with Everything you say right up to the point you Say "got my shit together at the nick of time" and then go on to say you're in your twenties..... I hope that 20's is NOT the nick of time! LOL... I just turned Fifty (the new Forty) and I am just starting my recovery from Opiates and Alcoholism. I have been Clean and on Suboxone for 23 Months now and I've been Sober for about 19 Months!!! I also feel that I got "IT" in the Nick of time.. I guess we all got here at our own "Nick of Time"...... Anyways I'm glad to hear that your Recovery is going well and I'm also glad you are out here sharing your story with others. Please keep us posted on your progress and keep up the good work. Take care and best of Luck!

God Bless
TW

_________________
"I may not have ALL I want but thank's to God I now know that I have ALL I need !!!!!!
#############
ODAAT


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:49 pm 
Offline
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:58 pm
Posts: 322
... and Mike there are those of us who needed pain pills for very serious pain and fell in love with them, and could not function without them, thats my story and I'm sticking with it... I asked my spine surgeon 4 weeks after my surgery what was I going to do for pain ( I got so used to asking every Dr. that ) his answer was " you dont have pain anymore " he was 100% correct , he did a fantastic job on my neck... I found a neurologist that believed I had pain in my right arm, I was so hooked.... 15 months of abusing pills later I started Suboxone and tapered to 1mg in 14 months.. Good Luck, Mike


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: sad
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:28 pm 
Mike T wrote:
I have been relatively successful with my sub treatment because I have made jurastic changes in my life. I went back to college a few years ago and recently got in to a university w/ a good reputation. I will shortly finish a 4-year degree in .
How'd you get into college with spelling like that. Just kidding man Im just messing with ya, congratulations on doing so well. I just want to make one comment tho regarding people who are on opiates for pain. There are two types of people who are on opiates for pain 1) patients with actual chronic pain who need them 2) people with everyday types of pain that everyone deals with in life that are nothing but recreational users who like to act as if they are any better than a junkie and cry "oh but my pain my pain I need these meds" and those people piss me off greatly. This is not a shot at anyone here with legitimate pain but I cant stand the fakers who sit up on some high horse when in reality they have no more pain than any other average person.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: sad
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:49 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster

Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:29 am
Posts: 58
suboxOWNED wrote:
Mike T wrote:
I have been relatively successful with my sub treatment because I have made jurastic changes in my life. I went back to college a few years ago and recently got in to a university w/ a good reputation. I will shortly finish a 4-year degree in .
How'd you get into college with spelling like that. Just kidding man Im just messing with ya, congratulations on doing so well. I just want to make one comment tho regarding people who are on opiates for pain. There are two types of people who are on opiates for pain 1) patients with actual chronic pain who need them 2) people with everyday types of pain that everyone deals with in life that are nothing but recreational users who like to act as if they are any better than a junkie and cry "oh but my pain my pain I need these meds" and those people piss me off greatly. This is not a shot at anyone here with legitimate pain but I cant stand the fakers who sit up on some high horse when in reality they have no more pain than any other average person.


Yeah, sometimes I confuse words as I type....but I am not an english major so it really doesn't matter but good grammar and spelling is kinda important, and is a basic skill everyone should know. I know your kidding but I actually take shit like that really personal for some reason. My grammar has always been better than my spelling anyway. It is funny how when people say their kidding...not regarding your comment...but it is like a license to be an asshole. I guess that is why I didn't have many friends in high school.

Anyway, regarding the "getting my life together in the nick of time" comment I made. I just always felt like a loser because of the opioid setback. Most of friends graduated college in their early twenties but with useless degree's that didn't require hard work.

That is the advantage of being a little older. So deep down, I am kind of happy it worked out this way because I never would of went thru with a really tough major and excel on top of it. You just don't care when you're young, unless you had parents who were on your case since you were in diapers.

My one friend, who became an MD, prepared since he was 6 years old with the help of his mother. My parents never pushed me academically because I never showed interest. The way that I see it...if a child isn't steered on the correct path from the start, he or she will not have a chance of doing well until they are adults.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:07 am 
Offline
Average Poster
Average Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:02 am
Posts: 15
This is no attack by no means...... This is for the 1st post and well you know who the other would be but isn't that like callin the pot callin the kettle black.Just sayin but yea you make a few good points and congrats on your 4 years degree. Mike T..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: third go round
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:51 am 
Offline
Average Poster
Average Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:25 am
Posts: 7
dont think my problem is getting off the suboxone. its staying off the other crap that i have a problem with. its so damn accesible, everyone is doing it, whole families. i wont even think about it for months then someone will out of the blue offer me one and i am pretty much done. so at this point in my life it is safer to stay on this.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: third go round
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:29 pm 
Offline
Average Poster
Average Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:02 am
Posts: 15
mlaikens wrote:
dont think my problem is getting off the suboxone. its staying off the other crap that i have a problem with. its so damn accesible, everyone is doing it, whole families. i wont even think about it for months then someone will out of the blue offer me one and i am pretty much done. so at this point in my life it is safer to stay on this.


How right you are my friend.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Our Sponsors
Suboxone Forum latest topics RSS feed Subscribe to the entire forum
 

 

 
Fond Du Lac Psychiatry
Dr. Jeffrey Junig, M.D., Ph.D.

  • Board Certified Psychiatrist
  • Asst Clinical Professor, Medical College of Wisconsin

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group