It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 7:41 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Does anyone else watch the show?
It's a guilty pleasure of mine, but I know one of the people on the show and another that used to be married to someone of the show.
if you don't watch: Sabrina is pregnant again. She had her parental rights to her 1st child Oakley terminated. She wanted to have a home birth so CYS wouldn't know she had another child! BUT she is making meds for her heroin addiction so the midwife wants her to deliver in the hospital in case Sabrina or the baby need help due to the medication.
I assume she is on Subutex since she's pregnant.
Does anyone else watch the show??

I recently switched to a new sub dr. He ordered a pregnancy test for me! I'm over 40 and i've never, not once, thought I was pregnant! It took 3 nurses and 4 tries to get my blood test done. I wouldn't bleed! They were being really gentle with me because they thought i was pregnant! Till I explained it was probably because of the meds i'm taking and if i was expecting i should be on another medication. Real big at the bottom of my paperwork it stated opiate addiction and anxiety! why would that even be on there!? i knew one of the nurses through work so that was sort of awkward.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 11:01 am 

I have been watching Breaking Amish then Return to Amish since the beginning! I know the bk story on Sabrina, Rebecca, Abe, Jeremiah and Kate (who left the show this season because she obviously didn't want to show every part of her life). That's kinda the opposite of poor Sabrina because she's shown innocent from being a Mennonite all the way to drug addiction and I truly respect that in her! Being so open and to show her struggles.

I did notice a couple episodes ago, Sabrina was talking about a medication she was prescribed by a doctor and the midwife wouldn't do a home birth because of this medication. I was thinking to myself...... of course, why didn't I think of that, she's taking buprenorphine. She never said the name though, and I guess we're left to wonder but I'm sure it's bupe or methadone, probably bupe. Good for her though, to finally have gotten control of her active addiction.

The reason I've been interested in her story was because she lost custody of her child, like myself in active addiction, and she finally fought and won her bk. What did upset me was her not following the rules of the custody and having her parental rights terminated completely. That's a huge no no for her to have fought so long only to lose custody permanently. Sabrina's man, must be pretty bad for the court to terminate rights just for having the child around him. But she should have followed every single rule to the T. Unfortunately that's not what happened, poor Oakley. Now I hope she has better luck with this new baby. I hope she continues her treatment and I'd love to see her talk about her treatment instead of calling it 'my medication' because keeping it a secret seems shameful and it's not shameful.

Oh lordy, lol I better stop talking on and on and on about my tv show :) But one last thing.... cannot stand Rebecca!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:23 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Don't know this show, but I've a bunch of tv shows I watch..and have watched... that I'm not especially proud of :D

Breaking Bad was I think a very good show, but somehow I got sucked into "The Affair." I might as well be watching "General Hospital;," a longtime daytime soap I'm not sure is on anymore. Oh wait, I did watch General Hospital for a few years. 8)

I could go on, but why embarrass myself even more?

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 6:51 pm 

Don't fret Godfrey. My wife makes me suffer through If Loving You is Wrong. That is so much like one of the old soap operas. Luckily, we do have two TV's so off to the den I go.

What a man has to go through to keep up a good marriage!

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 7:32 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You have my sympathies, rule. I have to watch something called "Outlander," about a Scottish woman who travels through time...so I feel your pain.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 9:59 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I can mostly keep the remote in my hand...now and then she wants to watch a chic flick...but I have to have the noise to sleep at night, so TV in our bedroom plays 24-7.
I have special "privileges" ...like I'm able to watch free PPV movies without being charged, fights like MMA and such without being charged...I get all the movie channels and such..

I don't mean websites that are illegal, or Fire-y little sticks that are programmed with Kodi...I know all about the not-so-legal side...what I do is far from illegal though.

At first, when I first started doing what I do...I was all into PPV.. We'd get 10-15 PPV's a week...just because we could.
But, novelty does wear off, even with that. Now, it's maybe 2-3 PPV per month. And I still watch South Park, Married..with Children, Martin..usually it's the same bedtime cocktail. I set timers for middle of the night to tune to Married with Children at 4am each morning...so I wake up watching that. I go to bed usually watching Simpsons...or if my daughter is asleep already, South Park.

I have a Roku 4 but it rarely gets used...same as the on-demand stuff we get...
Used to, I was big into TV, and during active addiction, I would program satellite for people in exchange for pills. I had a lucrative business going...luckily I never got caught...but I could set a satellite card to watch locals from any city in the USA..
Then I could go outside and move my dish a little, and we would watch Canadian programming from Bellvue Express..

Not proud of that stuff, but I learned without being taken to court and sued....and when I quit, many folks got mad at me, but I told them straight up...you've had free TV all this time...and now it's over. I can't do anything about the provider securing their service...it's not my fault. And most understood that aspect of it.

I see people cutting the cord, and if I didn't have the privileges that I currently have, I likely would cut the cord...but I just can't do it ...

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 1:15 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

godfrey wrote:
Don't know this show, but I've a bunch of tv shows I watch..and have watched... that I'm not especially proud of :D

Breaking Bad was I think a very good show, but somehow I got sucked into "The Affair." I might as well be watching "General Hospital;," a longtime daytime soap I'm not sure is on anymore. Oh wait, I did watch General Hospital for a few years. 8)

I could go on, but why embarrass myself even more?

I loved Breaking Bad! and also the Affair!

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 4:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

"I love Breaking Bad, and also The Affair!"

Thanks Sis,

I feel a little better about The Affair now! But the problem with it, it seems to me, is that just about about all the characters are unlikeable. The writer (Noah) looks kinda stupid much of the time, which is not what you'd expect given his occupation. And his now ex-wife is totally annoying.

I do like Alison though, which is probably the main reason I watch the show. She' got issues of course, but they're relatable. I don't think she's as selfish as the other two,,,she's just depressed much of the time. And what sane person isn't??

Breaking Bad was excellent all the way through. If you're not watching "Better Call Saul" I can't recommend
that highly enough. It's a little slow at times, but so well done. Just in case not familiar, the show is about Saul Goodman (from the show) in the years before Walter White appeared on the scene.

Best television show I've ever seen has to be The Sopranos. Broke my heart when that went off the air. And now that James Gandolfini is gone I had to give up my always slim hopes of some sort of sequel. Maybe a a movie.

All kidding aside, there is some excellent stuff on these days. Good time to be an actor, that's for sure...

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well I just got through binge watching The Path on Hulu. Highly recommend it. I remember seeing the show about the Amish advertise but I have never watched. I must admit, I do keep up with The Young and the Restless. Thanks for starting such a fun thread Sister Morphine. Your forum friend, Angie P.S. Jonathon if your ever around my neck of the woods, I need a satellite that needs some adjusting :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 4:16 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Haven't watched this show but there are bunch of others i do love. Like Stranger things, A man in the High Castle, and recently American Gods. Breaking Bad is also good

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 4:34 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

The Son has turned out to be a pretty good show. My husband doesn't like that they keep flashing back. I guess if you miss the first episode that would be confusing.
American Gods, i need to watch again. I missed episode 2. I usually watch TV on my computer at work in the background, but American Gods needs more attention than that.
Animal Kingdom started again. Smurf the main female gangster lead is trying too hard to be as good as Jemma Teller from Sons of Anarchy. I really don't like her character and why the f*ck is she called smurf??!!

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 4:38 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

godfrey wrote:
"I love Breaking Bad, and also The Affair!"

Thanks Sis,

I feel a little better about The Affair now! But the problem with it, it seems to me, is that just about about all the characters are unlikeable. The writer (Noah) looks kinda stupid much of the time, which is not what you'd expect given his occupation. And his now ex-wife is totally annoying.

I do like Alison though, which is probably the main reason I watch the show. She' got issues of course, but they're relatable. I don't think she's as selfish as the other two,,,she's just depressed much of the time. And what sane person isn't??

Breaking Bad was excellent all the way through. If you're not watching "Better Call Saul" I can't recommend
that highly enough. It's a little slow at times, but so well done. Just in case not familiar, the show is about Saul Goodman (from the show) in the years before Walter White appeared on the scene.

Best television show I've ever seen has to be The Sopranos. Broke my heart when that went off the air. And now that James Gandolfini is gone I had to give up my always slim hopes of some sort of sequel. Maybe a a movie.

All kidding aside, there is some excellent stuff on these days. Good time to be an actor, that's for sure...

I missed some big chunks of the Sopranos. I could probably start watching from the beginning if my cable has it on demand. i'm actually related to bevilaquas!
I have seen episodes of Better Call Saul. I really want to see the episodes where they explain the It's All Good reference & how he got his name!

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:54 am 

I can't believe nobody has mentioned The Walking Dead! It's by far my absolute favorite show that has ever happened to tv!! I've read all the comics and have every season that's been released so far on DVD. I patiently wait October to get here for the new season (fear the walking dead isn't as good but I'll watch it).

Other than walking dead, I'm a HUGE reality tv show watcher. If it's on Dish or Bravo then I'm watching it. Right now I'm into Southern Charm and anything else on Bravo lol.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 2:49 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The Walking Dead! Of course! I loved that show for a long time. I quit when the head guy's wife got pregnant (sorry the names escape me now), and her son I think it was, ended up cutting the baby out with a knife. It just got to be too much. I think some shows tend to go on too long. But I agree it was/is a great show.

Anyone seen Rectify? The lead character gets let out of prison for a murder he didn't commit, but he's completely traumatized from many years in solitary. A dark show, but I think the best ones are.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 6:44 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

jennjenn wrote:
I can't believe nobody has mentioned The Walking Dead! It's by far my absolute favorite show that has ever happened to tv!! I've read all the comics and have every season that's been released so far on DVD. I patiently wait October to get here for the new season (fear the walking dead isn't as good but I'll watch it).

Other than walking dead, I'm a HUGE reality tv show watcher. If it's on Dish or Bravo then I'm watching it. Right now I'm into Southern Charm and anything else on Bravo lol.

i don't like the walking dead at all!

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:31 pm 

Godfrey I understand what ya mean about the gore in TWD but I'm hoooooked :) can't let a little gore stop me lol! I'm just so invested with the comics and the show, the writing has so many twists and turns and that's what gets me hooked I guess.

Haven't heard of rectify but sounds awesome! I'm mostly a reality tv junky.

The Return to Amish episode last Sunday was sad because they are going to take this ladies baby. They aren't saying why exactly but I assumed it's because she wasn't following rules with her previous child that got taken away. It's got to be more than her being on buprenorphine so I don't want ppl to get the wrong impression by that. It's shows like this that leave negativity in others minds about ORT.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:37 pm 

A TV thread..ok..

Hey Sis M , on Saul there just now getting to his fake name.(Saul Goodman) and why. Tbis show may, in the end surpass Breaking Bad. No kidding..

TWD..never miss it. Fear ofcthe WD in season 3 next moth will be grester than the last two.

But the greatest ever is The Sopranos.. I watched that over and over during my active addiction from 07 to 2010. Stop watching after I got clean. But have begun watchingvit again.
After them it Madmen for me..right there with Tony S...

Raz

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:00 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

jennjenn wrote:
Godfrey I understand what ya mean about the gore in TWD but I'm hoooooked :) can't let a little gore stop me lol! I'm just so invested with the comics and the show, the writing has so many twists and turns and that's what gets me hooked I guess.

Haven't heard of rectify but sounds awesome! I'm mostly a reality tv junky.

The Return to Amish episode last Sunday was sad because they are going to take this ladies baby. They aren't saying why exactly but I assumed it's because she wasn't following rules with her previous child that got taken away. It's got to be more than her being on buprenorphine so I don't want ppl to get the wrong impression by that. It's shows like this that leave negativity in others minds about ORT.

this weeks episode of return to amish isn't available yet on streaming for me. grrr i agree, there is something else going on, not the bupe to cause her to lose her kids. it has something to do with their dad harry. i must have missed a big chunk of episodes that Sabrina was on because i don't know her back story or about when she was an addict. is her mom going to be able to get custody?

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:03 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

razor55 wrote:
A TV thread..ok..

Hey Sis M , on Saul there just now getting to his fake name.(Saul Goodman) and why. Tbis show may, in the end surpass Breaking Bad. No kidding..

TWD..never miss it. Fear ofcthe WD in season 3 next moth will be grester than the last two.

But the greatest ever is The Sopranos.. I watched that over and over during my active addiction from 07 to 2010. Stop watching after I got clean. But have begun watchingvit again.
After them it Madmen for me..right there with Tony S...

Raz

lol. the thread still is bupe related!! you had me at better than breaking bad! i'm going to need to start at the beginning and watch what i missed of better call saul. for f*cks sake i watched the entire series of my so-called life for the 9900th time again this week. my therapist says its a coping mechanism.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:24 pm 

Hey SM the backstory on Sabrina is after she had Oakley she had postpartum depression and that's what led her into opiate addiction. She finally graduated to heroin. She lost her home and her and her daughter lived out of her car which led to the daughter getting taken away. She straightened up and got on buprenorphine (we found out this season) and regained custody of Oakley.

One of the stipulations Sabrina had was to keep the daughter away from the father and she didn't do that. Someone caught them all together at a hospital and told on her which resulted in total parental rights taken away.

I don't totally understand how that falls over to this baby she just had taken away unless they thought the same thing would happen with this baby since it was also the same baby daddy as Oakley. U would think that they'd have to give her a chance to break rules with the new baby before terminating her rights, but who knows. Seems like something is being left out that they're not sharing.

She has a nice home and she's on bupe under a doctor's care so I'm not understanding the entire thing. I do think it's unfair to terminate rights just because of having Oakley around the dad, maybe take the child away again for a bit but to just terminate for good?? Doesn't seem logical. Oh well lol I'm too invested I guess. Something Sabrina said really struck me..... she said 'if I'd stayed Mennonite and not entered the English world, none of this would have happened' and honestly she's right I think. Regardless I feel for anyone suffering from active addiction and loses custody of their children. That happened to me and I know the helplessness and damage it causes. But I didn't get my rights terminated, only temporary custody switched to my ex husband and my boys to my mother. Seems really way to harsh to say that's it forever to be a mother to ur child just because u had her around her father.