It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Round 2
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:37 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey all. I posted here a bit over a year ago about my attempt to jump ship from suboxone at 2-4mg. For me it was very rough, especially since I forced myself to to taper too quickly. Anyway after about 7 days I went back on suboxone since I needed to get back to work. I went back to 4mg per day and took my time to taper down to 1 mg/day.
Two weeks ago today, I jumped again. Here is a quick breakdown of what I experienced this time around.

Days 1 - 3 : These days seemed to be the bad for me but I think it is just me being anxious.
Days 4 - 5 : Felt relatively good with the exception of the stomach issues, lack of sleep, and a bit of anxiety
Days 6-8: These 3 days were the worst for me, tons of anxiety, gi issues, chills, NO energy (not enough for simple housework).
Days 9 - Now: Wow, If you told me on day 8 that I would feel 60% better within a few days, I would have laughed. But its true! I still have the upset stomach (getting better), lack of motivation, and sleep issues (BTW I slept for 7 hours last night!! On and off but still :D )
The mornings seem to be the worst for me but after a long shower and a healthy breakfast and multivitamin. I am good to go! My mind still tells me that I have no energy but I push through hoping to exhaust myself for a good nights sleep. I am one of those people that thought I would have to spend the rest of my life on subs (Nothing Wrong with that). If you want it, It is doable. Last year I expected the worst and got it. This year, I kept an open mind and am on my way to day 15. You can do it, but you have to be ready. I will keep you updated on my progress!

Thanks for reading!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:13 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi there and thanks for checking in.. So glad to hear that things are going better for you this time around!!! Congratulations and keep letting us know how you are!!!