It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Round 2
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:29 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well... Ugh!! I "stumbled" on my road to recovery. A little over a year ago I discovered and began taking suboxone. I got lucky than most and went 48 hours without any withdrawal before taking my first dose. Skip ahead till about 2 months ago and I was down to less than a mg ever other day. well, that's where I stumbled. I ran into an old friend and one thing led to another and the oxy's were made available Once again. And of course that can only keep us happy for so long until the trail leads to heroin. Which is exactly where it lead. But, I knew from the start this is not something I can do recreationally and the longer I let myself do the drug, the harder it would be to stop. So, anyway... I won't bore you with the thoughts Ive had over the past few weeks but today I went back on my sub. I didn't get as lucky this time and definitely went through withdrawal before taking 2mg. The goal was 24 hours to be safe. But, after reading on here a lot of people seemed to be having good luck at 12 hours with the film. Idk if there is something different with the film that lets you take it sooner and still avoid paws. Anyway... 17 hours in I took 2mg. 45 minutes later another 2mg. Grabbed a shower and felt wonderful when I got out. After an another hour I took another 2mg just to be on the safe side. I feel fine. Back to "normal" and have a strong desire to never go down that road again. I took two trips and that was enough for me. So I guess what I want to say is for anyone that is "scared" ...believe me, We all know what you're going through. Those 17 hours ticked by today slower than anything I can imagine. But I am happy I avoids paws and am back on the road to recovery. I am going to wOrk on tapering down right away. I don't want to be on sub another year especially after I was so close to getting off the last time. So yeah... Just wanted to share and tell everyone that it is hard, but stick it out and when that sub kicks in you will not be able to describe the feeling of relief you get when your withdrawal subsides.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:36 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

We all have a long story involving suboxone, in fact, I could post mine, but I don't want to take over your discussion with my own ramblings...so how about I just go make a new post and link to it from here?

When I get done, I can come back and post the link to my story from editing this post, because you're definitely NOT the first (or last) that will have a similar story.