It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:05 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

eric is wrote:
tearjerker, where did you hear that? Did a doctor tell you that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:39 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

hahahaha, ok, starting to get your sense of humor.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:55 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Clonidine is a godsend. Plain and simple. It not only stopped my RLS and let me sleep, it got rid of the chills and sweats I would get. Be careful, as it does lower your Blood pressure. If you get it, dont mix it with anything like a benzo or traz. Then you will really feel bad, with a BP of 70 or so. Your legs will feel like lead for 24 hrs, almost worst than the withdrawals.

Good luck. You're doing great!!

95shakin wrote:
Day 16 off subs-

Ive mentioned in an earlier post that we had to give up our med insurance to purchase our home. So I went to a local med clinic ($20 office visit) to ask a Dr. for clonidine to help with RLS and insomnia to which he replies "nonsense...it wont work and theres nothing that can be done about it unless I prescribe benzos and get you hooked on something else". So $20 and 3 freagin hours of waiting net me nothing but a physical and blood work done! Truth be told, I kinda expected the Dr to blow me off regarding the clonidine. I really didnt want to continue on the trazadone so im actually glad I have none left. BUT after the sleepless night last Monday and the ridiculously hard day at work that followed, Im really worried about not sleeping during the work week. Not a big deal Thur-Sat as I dont work the following day. Good news is, Ive been feeling great the last 3 days. A little fatigue and stomach knots here and there but nothing I cant push thru! I know my body has ALWAYS collapsed on me if I had little or no sleep (this has always been so, for me), but no sleep now seems to intensify the w/ds for me as well.

But hey, lets not get down here...we have 16 days off subs & ea day gets even better (excluding last Tues :evil: ).
Hopefully, I can get a few hrs of sleep in per night Bcuz ANY sleep is better than NO sleep!

Keep fighting ppl....WE WILL WIN!!!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:03 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Day 28 off subs!!

Well, everythings been going good. Ive been sleeping on my own without having to take anything and RLS has gone away, finally! Work did take a lot of effort for the 1st couple wks I was back, but this week has been pretty good. My energy still gets zapped periodically but WAY less frequently and I get a 2nd wind & keep going.

FYI- I only took chlonidine for about 5 or 6 nights for sleep. Starting Sat. night Ive been able to fall asleep on my own.
I usually get 6 to 8 hrs sleep. Its REALLY nice not to have to take something during the day (subs) or at night to sleep (chlonidine), Im FREE!!!

Hang in there...WE WILL WIN!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:17 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey 95! I'm glad to hear that you are doing so well! I am at day 21 myself.. time flies!

I just still can't shake the insomnia and have a really really hard time falling asleep on my own. I think I'm also dragging it out a bit because for work this past week I've been taking either a benzo or ambien to get some sleep. I think starting on Friday, I'm going to take nothing and just tough it out until I can fall asleep without a med.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:38 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey Everybody.
Sorry I havent posted in a while. Day 34 OFF SUBS!
Things seem to be getting...normal, I guess. Or maybe im just getting used to how I feel!
Some days I feel great! Some days I just feel ok. I smashed the shit outa my finger at work the other day & it didnt hurt for long, so maybe the brain is starting to function normal again.
Anyway, work has been getting easier each week. I guess the heat, 90 degrees today, kinda makes a 10hr day drag along
and makes you feel zapped. But hey, Im making it!
I lucked up at work cuz we get 5 days off for the 4th of July so im trying to figure out what to do with the off time. 8)

Hang in there guys n gals, ITS POSSIBLE!!
IM FREE!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:40 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I tapered pretty easily from 16 mg/day down to 4 mg/ day. Had a little trouble getting from 4 to 2 mg/day, but after a few weeks it all balanced itself out. Now, the trip from 2 mg/day to 0 a day will be a bit of a challenge. I'm cutting a film in 4 pieces every 4 days.

At first I tried taking a 2mg strip one day, and a 1 mg cube the next, and doing it like that till eventually I was only taking a 1 mg cube a day. I've figured out that is not going to work. So what I am planning to do is in 2 days, cut a film into 5 pieces, 5 days later, cut one into 6 pieces, a few days later, 7, and so on. Then when I get down to 1 mg a day I will decide the best way to get completely off. I never dreamed a 1 mg/ per day drop would be so difficult. But when you are on a lower dose you REALLY notice the withdrawals much much more. Good luck to the OP, you can do it, just don't try to push yourself beyond your own limits, and end up falling down even harder, is the best advice I can give.