It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:32 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

DAY 15 OFF SUBS-
HOWDY FELLOW QUITTERS!! I got 8 hrs sleep last night (took 1 trazadone) but I believe its leaving me hungover bcuz it took a few hours at work before I felt better. This afternoon went great! I felt great, wasnt too tired and didnt really have to push too hard to finish the day. This was my best day so far and I actually feel somewhat normnal (or what i think normal may be). I know, I know...it aint over by a long shot. But it does give me more hope that I will be better and the lows will go away soon.

I hope all my quitter buddies here are sluggin & kickin....its guna get better!

WE WILL WIN!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:45 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Your positive attitude is great and will make this so much easier for you, keep it up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:32 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Day 16 off subs-

Ive mentioned in an earlier post that we had to give up our med insurance to purchase our home. So I went to a local med clinic ($20 office visit) to ask a Dr. for clonidine to help with RLS and insomnia to which he replies "nonsense...it wont work and theres nothing that can be done about it unless I prescribe benzos and get you hooked on something else". So $20 and 3 freagin hours of waiting net me nothing but a physical and blood work done! Truth be told, I kinda expected the Dr to blow me off regarding the clonidine. I really didnt want to continue on the trazadone so im actually glad I have none left. BUT after the sleepless night last Monday and the ridiculously hard day at work that followed, Im really worried about not sleeping during the work week. Not a big deal Thur-Sat as I dont work the following day. Good news is, Ive been feeling great the last 3 days. A little fatigue and stomach knots here and there but nothing I cant push thru! I know my body has ALWAYS collapsed on me if I had little or no sleep (this has always been so, for me), but no sleep now seems to intensify the w/ds for me as well.

But hey, lets not get down here...we have 16 days off subs & ea day gets even better (excluding last Tues :evil: ).
Hopefully, I can get a few hrs of sleep in per night Bcuz ANY sleep is better than NO sleep!

Keep fighting ppl....WE WILL WIN!!!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:17 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey 95, I'm sorry to hear that the doc at the walk-in clinic denied you clonidine. He obviously knows nothing about addiction treatment.

Sleeping has been tough for me as well, and the night before last I took only a clonidine and only got 4 hours. So it may not be helping as much as I thought. Last night I was so tired that I took an ambien and a lorazepam and got 8 hours, but I know I can't keep doing that if I hope to eventually get normal, natural sleep. It's a struggle, for sure. I was thinking about going out and getting some Diphenhydramine from the drug store (unisom or dramamine) to see if that'll help at all.

Last Monday was a pretty long time ago though (and you're at day 16!), so have you thought about taking nothing tonight for sleep and seeing how many hours you get (since tomorrow is Sunday)? Or getting some diphenhydramine and melatonin? Maybe you'll get 5+ and be surprised. I've also always found that I will generally have a MUCH harder time falling sleep on worknights as opposed to weekends because of the stress that work causes.

Keep fightin' the good fight buddy, as you said before, WE WILL WIN! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:22 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

mw.stoner - Unisom (the doxylamin succinate kind) works good for me, as far as helping me fall asleep. I usually wake up after about 5 hours or so, but the good thing about it is that it doesn't make me too groggy the next day, even though the half life is 6-12 hours. I always buy the generic too, because it's half the price. I buy generic of most meds for that reason.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:26 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Day 17 off subs-
Hey Guys n galz! The sleep fairy FINALLY came to visit me and offered 4.5 hrs of sleep from just melatonin and valerian root, which makes me tired every night but wont push me over the edge to fall asleep. On another good note, my Mom used to be prescribed clonidine and now something else so she let me have the old stuff (clonidine). They are .2mg & she was prescribed 2 at bedtime. I guess ill try 1 tonight & see how it does.

Hang in there peeps! WE WILL WIN!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:34 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

95, glad you found some clonidine! My doc had prescribed me .1mg's and sometimes, they hit me like a ton of bricks, so watch out! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:04 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

WOW!!!
I slept like a baby last night. Took 1- .2mg clonidine along with the ususal melatonin and valerian rt and fell asleep within the hour. I got 8hrs in and woke up feeling VERY normal. My wife got to sleep in the bed with me last night,also! She fears thr RLS thing due to my wild flinging arms... :oops:
Shitty thing is I cant go out and change the oil on the 2 trucks (had this planned all wk) because its storming its butt off here today! Since im feeling great today I guess I need to go find an inside project, huh?
Maybe clean the shotgun in my avatar pic.....?

WOOHOO to day 18 off subs

WE WILL WIN!!! hang in there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:07 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Woo hoo for sure, congrats on being part of the quiters club, you got this. I think your positive attitude really made the difference. Now its your turn to help those who are still stuggling. congrats

Post subject: Clonidine
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:21 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

As stoner suggested, Clonadine can be powerful and variable. One thing not to do after taking for some time is an abrupt quit. This sends some peoples BP soaring. A taper down to a lower level is a good idea.

S

Post subject: clarification question
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:25 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I think my last post was unclear. I did not mean to suggest you "should" be taking less bp mediation. Just when Clonadine is in fact discontinued, if it is , it is best to taper off of it. That is all.

S

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:07 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Point well taken Scruffy, Ill be careful.

Day 22 off subs.
Well guys n gals Ive just been plain pushing thru and grinding!
Tuesday was an awesome day. I felt great, not tired and happy to be at work(slept 8 hrs Mon night).
Wednesday, uuuggghhhh! I felt bad,I tired easily and it just plain sucked to be at work(slept 3 hrs Tue night)!
Thursday, I felt pretty good all day but did have a few times when the fatigue set in(slept 7 hrs Wed night). Nothing that I couldnt push thru.
I am happy to say that even having that shitty Wednesday I never felt like taking anything and had no cravings!

Oh yeah, My sneezing has gone from 7 sneezes in a row (when I 1st jumped) to 4 in a row and much less frequent! IM GETTING BETTER!!! HA!!!

Keep up the fight fellow quitters, WE WILL WIN!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:37 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

haha, sneezing. Man, I can relate, I sneezed a lot when I first came off. Pretty interesting withdrawal symptom, not sure what causes it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:47 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It's your brain purging itself of the last remaining bits of Suboxone. After you quit, it slowly works its way down to ur nose and you sneeze it out.

Seriously if you're ever wanting some relief you can put it back under your tongue...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:42 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

The sneeze back under your toungue...eeewwww!!
:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:09 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

tearjerker, where did you hear that? Did a doctor tell you that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:31 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

tearj3rker wrote:
It's your brain purging itself of the last remaining bits of Suboxone. After you quit, it slowly works its way down to ur nose and you sneeze it out.

Seriously if you're ever wanting some relief you can put it back under your tongue...

LOL! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:59 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Well its day 24 off Subs,
Ive been feeling LOTS better. The highs seem to linger a bit longer and the lows tend to be less frequent. I actually did not take the usual sleep stuff (including clonidine) and fell asleep on my own at midnight and slept till 7am!! Didnt have any restlessness and actually fell asleep watching a movie. So all in all, I believe im getting there...To normalcy(sp?).
I really believe next wk at work will be the best wk so far. I sure hope so!

Keep Fighting People...WE WILL WIN!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:47 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Day 25 off subs!

I had an awesome day today! My son (whos been staying at a friends for a wk) came home for Fathers Day. We took a road trip to another state to go to a gun show then stopped at several sports outlets on the way home. We had a blast! We both came home with a few toys and enjoyed some CLEAR Father, Son time. Im REALLY starting to see the "light at the end of the tunnel" now and am EXTREMELY happy with my progress.

Hang in there fellow quitters-WE WILL WIN!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:22 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Congrats 95shakin. You're doing awesome ..