It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Rising Sub Cost?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:22 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Has anyone else been having their Suboxone tablets (or strips for that matter) increase in price? I've had my Suboxone prescription price increase by over 30% in less than six months! What the hell is going on? I've used Walgreens for nearly two years now, always at the same dose, always the same insurance, always 8 MG tablets, - NOTHING HAS CHANGED - other than the price.

June, 2012 - $7.58 per 8/2 Tablet
July, 2012 - $8.71 per 8/2 Tablet
November, 2012 $10.01 per 8/2 Tablet

I refuse to move to the strips and cave to their marketing crap-ola. I've got just over 3 years of total remission from active addiction, but man oh man, together with doctor appointments and the cost of Suboxone, it honestly used to cost me less (financially) per month when I was in active addiction!!!!! It totally cost me more in other ways but less actual $$$ out of my pocket each month.

Has anyone else noticed this sharp increase over the last four months?

Post subject: Cost of suboxone
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:18 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey donh,

I have heard others say that the tablet form of sub had gone down in price?

I think they may be going to do away with the tablets for safety reasons and reportedly some more abuse potential may exist with the tablets, not sure though.

Maybe the pharmacies are going up in price on the tablets and trying to get people to go to the strips. I think personally that the manufacturers of Suboxone are wanting to make a fortune off off suboxone.

I have even heard that there are not many pharmaceutical companies willing to try and make an even cheaper tablet form of suboxone due to safety reasons and the supposed increased abuse potential.

I have to currently pay cash for my doctor visits and the strips are outrageous in price!

I know I am going to call around and get prices from a few different pharmacies.

I have heard that some compounding pharmacies are making suboxone tablets now and that they are less expensive.

Hope you don't stop the sub and go back to the evil things that once had a hold on me.

Hopefully you will find a better price and things work out for the best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:45 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Yes, I've seen the price of the tab shyrocket this summer. Also the flims that I take have risen .25 a piece the last 3 months.as I understand it,the tablets will be discontined within 6 months. This info is from my dr.and from this forum.I pay cash and check pricing every month. For me,its always bn walmart. 7.25 a piece.my guess is they(drs,RB) want all of us on the films. Its just the way it is.. but I have my life back and found recovey. Check walmart..

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:37 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I can only speculate as to why they chose now to inflate their prices. My money's on (a) they now have a solid timeline for removing the tablets from the market and are now certain that everyone will be forced to take the film. This means they've successfully minimised the "threat of new entrants" into the market by pushing everyone onto a patented product.

Also, the "citizens petition" they forwarded to the FDA has significantly delayed any new application for a generic alternative. Now they can inflate their prices secure in the knowledge that customers won't have a cheaper option to turn to, even if they can't afford their inflated prices.

Quite nasty really.