It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:52 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I just wanted to share this...

I told my sub doc and nursing staff a few months back before I went to detox, my plan to get off suboxone. I couldn't get below 8mg. The nursing staff was supportive since my 8mg was the lowest dose anyone there was prescribed (how bout that). The doc however talked me out of going to rapid detox since "you won't have any trouble tapering"

Anyway recently I paid them a visit. I talked with the nurses and receptionist and they were so happy that I was drug free. They sounded as if I was the first person in that office to have a success story. Anyway I caught my old doc and told him of my success. He was pissed. Not a little pissed, furiously pissed. This grumpy 70 year old man cursed me in front of the waiting room telling me to go back to the detox place. I told him "you don't understand I am clean, drug free, I thought you'd be happy to hear". Well a few unkind words were said to me and at that I told him "you will be reported to the DEA and State as a suspected "pill mill". He walked off. I told the nurses sorry. They were nice, but I did report him.

I could care less if he gave everyone 500 oxycodiene pills a week, but when you curse me for actually getting drug free.... That's it, it's war!

Suboxone is not a pain pill. It is a tool to get people off opiates. If you are prescribing it, then you should have that goal in mind, no matter the method.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:49 pm 

Is he running a pill mill?

Amy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:58 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Night wrote:
I just wanted to share this...

I told my sub doc and nursing staff a few months back before I went to detox, my plan to get off suboxone. I couldn't get below 8mg. The nursing staff was supportive since my 8mg was the lowest dose anyone there was prescribed (how bout that). The doc however talked me out of going to rapid detox since "you won't have any trouble tapering"

Anyway recently I paid them a visit. I talked with the nurses and receptionist and they were so happy that I was drug free. They sounded as if I was the first person in that office to have a success story. Anyway I caught my old doc and told him of my success. He was pissed. Not a little pissed, furiously pissed. This grumpy 70 year old man cursed me in front of the waiting room telling me to go back to the detox place. I told him "you don't understand I am clean, drug free, I thought you'd be happy to hear". Well a few unkind words were said to me and at that I told him "you will be reported to the DEA and State as a suspected "pill mill". He walked off. I told the nurses sorry. They were nice, but I did report him.

I could care less if he gave everyone 500 oxycodiene pills a week, but when you curse me for actually getting drug free.... That's it, it's war!

Suboxone is not a pain pill. It is a tool to get people off opiates. If you are prescribing it, then you should have that goal in mind, no matter the method.

Suboxone is a pain pill for some people. I don't think he's running a pill mill I think he's just a old grunpy Dr so set in his ways that any success under any different Dr offends him. He could of looked at it like this maybe that he couldn't get the job done so here you are coming back toss it in his face. I know you didn't do that but he could of thought you did. Or he has some type of deal set up were he gets more money for all the sub he prescribes a month.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:37 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I think your doctor is mad bc u took him off the payroll. I dont really understand it any other way. Of course im not always right so please everyone make up your own opinions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:27 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Amy-Work In Progress wrote:
Is he running a pill mill?

Amy

It is my suspicion based on conversations with other patients he is. One patient is given methadone on top of 24mg suboxone a month, another flat out told me he is addicted to OxyContin and that this doc has been prescribing it for 4 years, as well there are 3 out of town patients from Tenesse who fly down monthly and pay him a visit, all for OxyContin. As well both pharmacies nearby his office gave me the "we don't have that med here" speech before even looking at my script. When I told them "you don't have suboxone?" they said they were sorry, they thought it was for something else. Now based on this evidence I have concluded this is a pill mill, if I am somehow wrong please correct me. I honestly believe no one needs pain pills that long and most certainly not OxyContin unless you are dying of cancer.

4/5 pain clinics in my state are pill mills I do believe.
Plus until I moved here, I never even heard of a pain clinic!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:45 pm 

I do think that there are some people out there who have chronic debilitating pain that require heavy medication just because their tolerance level has gotten high over the years. Unfortunately, they struggle to get the medication they need because we addicts have fucked it up for them.

However, I would be highly suspicious of that doctor too, especially if he operates on a cash-only basis. It just wasn't clear from your first post that he was running a shady operation. He sounds like a real piece of work!

The only thought I had was, knowing how hard it is to find a sub doctor, is that if he gets shut down, it might leave some people without a sub doctor. It sounds like he mostly prescribes the more typical narcotics though.

Anyway, you certainly did not deserve to have him yelling at you and in other ways being a jerk! What an ass!

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I would stay out of it and focus on your recovery and moving forward.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:07 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

tinydancer wrote:
I would stay out of it and focus on your recovery and moving forward.

Of course I cannot argue with that. Other than my initial complaints filed to the dea and state I really have no energy or interest in pursuing this.

Also as a note there must be 50 sub docs within 30 miles of here. At least according to the website. We are in fact in the OxyContin state! I doubt they will miss 1 bad doctor who's about to retire anyway.

Post subject: He will be missed
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:12 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I remember crashing a Dr's Xmass dinner, for a script of methadone once, so me and some friends wouldn't have to go through wd's over the break. He wrote us a script,,,,,. A lot of Dr's are very judgemental, and think we should all just get over our diseases, while others have a more compassionate view, and their service, should never be taken for granted.