It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:01 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Dear Friends,

As you all know I've only been around here for a couple of months so maybe I don't have the right to say anything, but I am going to take a risk and speak up for whatever it is worth.

I think that our mentor Dr. Junig is wonderful, and he started this forum for us to meet and support each other. I am very grateful to him for that and for his tireless work to help people like us who have suffered so much from this disease.

On 10/12 he put up a post asking us to read the introduction to his book and give him some feedback. Maybe there is something wrong with my computer - I have a lot of problems with it - but as far as I can see there are only three replies to his request. Gee, I would think there would be at least a hundred!

I am respectfully wondering why this is?

Sincerely,
Rossma

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:12 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I would say that people have read it (most here read his blog regularly), but just didn't post under that thread. One doesn't negate the other. That's just my POV.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:51 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Right, I see his post had 104 hits at the time I wrote the first message. I was just wondering, if someone was going to take the time to read it, then why not jot a quick word of encouragement (or criticism, or feedback, whatever?). That is what I was wondering. I guess it's neither here nor there...just an observation. ~Rossma

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Keep in mind that those views also include the scores of guests that aren't registered and don't post. That's how I see it anyway.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:06 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

True enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:08 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

ok, I didn't even know Dr. J. had put up the intro to his book and asked for feedback. I'll look into it now, hopefully I won't have any trouble accessing it. Thanks, Rpossma, for bringing this up. I have to say, I do read Dr. J's blogs and all, but they come up a bit sporadically, and I sometimes find checking on all the current threads on the forum can be time-consuming enough. the other thing though, for me, is that I often have trouble when I look at the links to articles from "newsposter" and so on...I guess some of those links go to sites where it costs $ to actually access the articles, and I never want to get into that kind of thing. Anyway, I'/m going to try to find and read the intro to Dr. J's book now. I agree, we ought show some interest and support for him with his book-writing a book is a big endeavor and gthe thing is, the subject of suboxone needs more written on it...I think there are still lots of people out there who've never even heard of suboxone ( I never ever heard of it until 2009 and I've been an addict for a long time now). Suboxone has been around a while now too, but....it's not like methadone which everybody knows about (at least addicts do).