It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:07 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I have posted before that my Mom works in a low income medical clinic and they have a very negative opinion of suboxone for some reason. They will NOT prescribe it and don't want to, yet my Mom says almost all of their patients are chronic pain patients and have positive drug screens, call all the time, lose meds, etc. etc. etc. It seems she and the clinic staff are quite misinformed. Anyhow...she will be here this weekend and I would like to talk with her about it and give her some real facts. I think if their clinic would prescribe it or at least become more educated on it, they could help a lot of people especially because the people in the clinic can use the pharmacy and get reasonable pricing. This would open it up to a lot of people who need it.

I know where some research is but if anyone has a link to any useful information from wherever I would love to have it all in one place so it is easier to show to her.

I am interested in anything that has FACTS including suboxone for pain, suboxone for addiction, suboxone success statistics, etc. etc. etc. I appreciate any help I can get.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The best suggestion that I could give you is to visit www.naabt.org and go into the online support communities section. NancyB is the administrator there and is a wealth of knowledge for the sort of thing that you are looking for. She seems to live on-line so she will get back to you very quickly after you leave a post. I'm sure she will be able to provide you with some of the information that you are looking for and may even be able to provide some suggestions.

Hope that helps!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:34 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm with Don...try NAABT. They have lots of literature that could be very useful for you. I hope you make some headway with her. It's really compassionate of you to think of the people that go to that clinic. Any good press for Suboxone is good for all of us.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.